Jul 02 2012
By: divineark8 Monster Hunter 37 posts

Need instructions on how to access another countries network

7 replies 58 views Edited Jul 2, 2012

Just as the topic states, I've got a european copy of FF13-2 (the crystal copy eat you're heart out!) and I can buy content off of the American network however it doesn't appear during gameplay and infact someone told me how to access a ACN but have since then forgot.

But thats not all check this out the PS3 is the Japanese version of FFVII AC (!!!) and I am able to down and use content on my american version of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City just fine so its gotta be the game itself there can be nothing else.

Yes I live in America.

Message 1 of 8 (58 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38486 posts

Re: Need instructions on how to access another countries network

Jul 2, 2012

divineark8 wrote:

Just as the topic states, I've got a european copy of FF13-2 (the crystal copy eat you're heart out!) and I can buy content off of the American network however it doesn't appear during gameplay and infact someone told me how to access a ACN but have since then forgot.

But thats not all check this out the PS3 is the Japanese version of FFVII AC (!!!) and I am able to down and use content on my american version of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City just fine so its gotta be the game itself there can be nothing else.

Yes I live in America.

If you have the EU copy of the game then you need EU DLC, that's why the DLC isn't working.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 8 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Yea I made it that far I just need to get the info on ACN!

Message 3 of 8 (52 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38486 posts

Jul 3, 2012

ACN?

Message 4 of 8 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 4, 2012
Another Countries Network
Message 5 of 8 (43 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38486 posts

Jul 4, 2012

You would have to create a new account for the country you want, something you can do on your PS3, but to do that you'll require a valid mailing address in that country & be able to pay for any purchases with the local currency.

Message 6 of 8 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 5, 2012

You know you'd think that since sony makes its games compatible for all PS3's they would do the same for DLC but no.

So in short you're saying I'm in a crack and can't get out, now are you a gamer with alot of knowledge or customer support?

I'd go so far as to jump through hoop's for this content or in the very least and I know it's a long shot but a refund on what I have spent on the DLC not the entire card though.

Message 7 of 8 (30 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
27093 posts

Jul 5, 2012

BRIT-KO is correct.  PS3 games are not region-locked, so they will play on any console.  The same is true of DLC,  but there is a difference between content that is region-free, and content that is not region-locked.  Region-free content means that the content has no regional differences, and the exact same content is distributed worldwide. It doesn't even have a region designated for it.  That isn't the case with PS3 games.  Different regional versions of games support different languages, date and time formats, and may have other content differences based on national laws.  The same is true of the DLC.  That is why DLC purchased in one region, will generally not work with a copy of the game that was distributed in a different region.  It has to work that way for legal and technical reasons.  You might get a refund, but you aren't entitled to one, so don't count on it.

GKP
Message 8 of 8 (25 Views)
0 Likes