Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 23 2012
By: nilebandfan Splicer 51 posts

My ps vita won't turn on.

7 replies 5882 views Edited Feb 23, 2012

I have bought a ps vita yesterday,everything was fine but I want to update.Cannot update from the ps3 don't know why.The I connect the vita to my pc ,the pc upload drivers to the pc but now ,it can't be turned on.What should i do before calling support?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (5,882 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Re: My ps vita won't turn on.

Feb 23, 2012

I just fixed it.I press the button like 20 secs and nothing happened.then pressed it again like 3 or 4 secs and suddenly turned on.I almost have a heart attack,didn't know why was that or is even common but please infor me if you know something.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (5,882 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Maybe my english is too bad...mmm.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (5,882 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14369 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Mine works the same way.  Once it turns completely off, you have to hold down the power button for what seems like a very long time before it comes on again.  I think the reason is that the Vita is designed to be carried in a pocket or purse like the PSP, but unlike the PSP, the Vita doesn't have a hold switch to prevent it from turning on by accident and draining its battery. The long turn on period makes it much less likely that the Vita will be turned on unintentionally if something presses against the side of the console.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (5,882 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 27, 2012

I'm having an issue where if I turn off the Vita while it's on the charger it won't turn back on unless it's on the charger again (as in I unplug it, leave the house and I'm not able to turn it on until I get home and plug it in again).

It's fully charged, just something is remembering the last connection state and won't let it power on unless it's in the same state.

Using the 'hold down the power button for 20 seconds then again for another 3' isn't working.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (5,882 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Jun 4, 2012

sorry for reviving old thread but for the first time seemed that ps vita got a bug. would not turn on had to hold power button for like 20 seconds and gave me a restart ps vita option. happy now

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (5,882 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Today, I updated my Vita for he first time since I got it and now I can't turn it on anymore! I do get the restart option but even when I try that, it won't start! What to do?!?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (5,562 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14369 posts

Jul 28, 2012

If you can boot into Safe Mode, then you should be able to use the Restore PS Vita System command in the Safe Mode menu.  This will usually correct any problems that occurred during the update. If that doesn't work, then you will have to send your Vita in to Sony to be serviced.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (5,541 Views)
0 Likes