Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 04 2011
By: ArunBallie First Son 2 posts

Lost 1 free game from "Welcome Back" program due to PSN error

50 replies 1583 views Edited Jun 4, 2011

Dear Playstation Store,

I was supposed to get 2 free games as part of your “Welcome Back” program. I tried to download “InFAMOUS” as my first free PS3 game (Game 1). The error occurred (Error code 80710D36), the download of “inFAMOUS” never started but I only had ONE free game option to download a PS3 game (Game 2).  So I tried to download “inFAMOUS” again. This time I was successful. But I have only received 1 free PS3 game and I lost the option to download the 1st free game (Game 1 in the menu). I can prove that I only got 1 free game in two ways.

• •1.)    Check my Downloads List and see that I have only downloaded one of the games offered in your “Welcome Back” program.
  • •2.)    There is no option to download a second free PS3 game offered in your “Welcome Back” program.

After the inconvenience and disappointment caused while your network and store were down, I am more disappointed that I only got one of the PS3 games promised to me.

I have previously been a customer at your store but your store’s instability makes me apprehensive that future purchases might be ruined by a similar error. However, if you would kindly examine my account and see the proof that an error ruined my download, I would appreciate it if you could restore the 1st free game option offered under your “Welcome Back” program.

I know that this error probably resulted from your servers being flooded by users who could not access your store and that this may cause timeout errors which could have caused my 1st free game to vanish. I know that thousands of users will be affected and post negative comments about their problems on your blog too. I would not like to add my voice to the thousands who might be affected and upset by such errors after the destabilizing media-coverage of your network being hacked. All I want is what was promised to me in the “Welcome Back” program. I like Sony and all its products and I have no desire to add post this negative experience on your blog. Please restore my first free PS3 Game option.

Message 1 of 51 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Re: Lost 1 free game from "Welcome Back" program due to PSN error

Jun 4, 2011

Follow this to access your games again, Also due to high volume keep trying no matter the error messages.

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely or have been kicked off due to high traffic  you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB

2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List

3. Choose “SCEA Promotions” from the list of services displayed

4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games or be allowed to download an activated game that may have not shown up due to the hightraffic demand.

Good Luck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 51 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2011

I just had this same issue, and following your response fixed the problem. Thanks.

Message 3 of 51 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Thanks ionstorm2008,

I see that the option to download the lost Game was in the menu... When I decide which one I want I will make use of this fix.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 51 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Phew... had the same problem.  Glad it was an easy fix!  Thanks!

---------
Message 5 of 51 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Glad I Could Help,

Happy Gaming

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 51 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2011

I treid this but i can't get to the part where you have to choose  SCEA promotions.. it asks me for credit card information. So do I have to do this I would rather not.

What hapend to me was , I downloaded one of the games and then when I went back to select another it was no longer there. I would like to be able to get the other game

Message 7 of 51 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Jun 4, 2011

check your past downloads from within the store top right hand corner. if its not showing up in transaction from xmb

Message 8 of 51 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Dude you rock.  Fixed the issue like a snap!

Message 9 of 51 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Thanks ionstorm, your post was very helpful. I'm downloading my 2 free games now.

Message 10 of 51 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes