Aug 02 2012
By: VallatoryPlayer First Son 1 posts

Debit Card Wont Accept

2 replies 77 views Edited Aug 2, 2012

I type in my info,triple check it and it says my info is invalid. I checked my online banking, and I have a $1.00 charge for each time I tried to enter it.

Message 1 of 3 (77 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38538 posts

Re: Debit Card Wont Accept

Aug 2, 2012

VallatoryPlayer wrote:

I type in my info,triple check it and it says my info is invalid. I checked my online banking, and I have a $1.00 charge for each time I tried to enter it.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Is it a "proper" bank owned Debit card, by that  I mean a major bank, not  a pre-paid card?

The $1.00 charges will be returned to you in due course, they represent the "system" checking that that card is valid, has sufficient funds & has not been cancelled etc.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 3 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
27161 posts

Re: Debit Card Wont Accept

Aug 2, 2012

PSN will only accept debit cards if the issuing bank support the Address Verification System (AVS).  The mailing address registered for your PSN account must match the billing address for your checking account exactly; and your bank must have tagged your address as "verified" in AVS; meaning that they actually send mail to you regularly at that address.  If your checking account is online only, then your address may not be marked as verified, in which case PSN won't accept the card.  Pre-paid cards almost never have verified addresses, and are therefore almost never accepted.  Some bank accounts may not have verified addresses either.  You would have to talk to your bank to see if they can fix the problem on their end.  Sony won't compromise on their card acceptance policies. 

You weren't charged any money.  That transaction is only a reservation, which temporarily holds funds in anticipation of an actually charge that will be submitted later.  In this case, Sony will never submit the actual charge.  The reservation will be cancelled automatically in a few days when no matching charge is received by the bank.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (70 Views)