Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Re: What is your FAVORITE Street Fighter game?

May 2, 2010

1. Super Street Fighter IV

2. Street Fighter IV

3. Street Fighter EX3

Yes EX3 it was way better than the old 2D style. And if they had made EX4 or even EX5 the 3D would of been so much improved by then. Oh Well.

Well u had to ask.

By: DCS

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 11 of 48 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

May 2, 2010

Can't pick more than one.

Street Fighter II Turbo

Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike

and now SSFIV.

Message 12 of 48 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
578 posts

May 3, 2010

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike...I just believe that the parry system did a great job of keeping the game moving. That and the animation was extremely fluid.

....and the jazz music...

Message 13 of 48 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2074 posts

May 3, 2010
Excuse me, but if anything the parry system in Third Strike did exactly the opposite of "keeping the game going." Fireballs are obviously what keeps the players active because they have to interact with eachother somehow no matter how far away they are. Parries completely eliminate that from the game and make it so trying to zone with fireballs just gives your opponent meter. They pretty much make it so that the entire game requires the characters to be face to face and they have to be so careful about initiating the offensive, which just leads to the players walking back and forth and sizing eachother up a lot of times. Then you have the stupidly unbalanced characters, like Chun Li who can kill you just by nailing a couple rediculously fast, safe on block and whiff, high priority, special and supercancelable low forward and just trying to approach her when she has super is suicidal.
Message 14 of 48 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2734 posts

May 3, 2010

Yorik wrote:
Excuse me, but if anything the parry system in Third Strike did exactly the opposite of "keeping the game going." Fireballs are obviously what keeps the players active because they have to interact with eachother somehow no matter how far away they are. Parries completely eliminate that from the game and make it so trying to zone with fireballs just gives your opponent meter. They pretty much make it so that the entire game requires the characters to be face to face and they have to be so careful about initiating the offensive, which just leads to the players walking back and forth and sizing eachother up a lot of times. Then you have the stupidly unbalanced characters, like Chun Li who can kill you just by nailing a couple rediculously fast, safe on block and whiff, high priority, special and supercancelable low forward and just trying to approach her when she has super is suicidal.

Message 15 of 48 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2074 posts

May 4, 2010
Hah, yes. Well, I assure you I'm not hating on the game. I really like it, it just seemed weird to me that someone would say "parrying keeps the game moving" when it seems obvious that it doesn't.
Message 16 of 48 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
563 posts

May 4, 2010

HF will always be a fav of mine.  So many fond memories...

lux1979
Message 17 of 48 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

May 4, 2010

AndStayDown wrote:

Yorik wrote:

Haha. Brilliant image find!

Parry's do keep the game going.  If you know how to use them properly.  Plus if you are fighting a person who can use the parry efficiently, you have to work that much harder for the win.  

Message 18 of 48 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

May 4, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTyn8tiiiEs

Tsukihime

PhotobucketMy Ps3 died Friday, May 30, 2008.

Sony has now taken the life of three ps3's in the household...Failure rate = 90%. The 4th probably doesn't have much time left. Poor thing has a maximum of no more than 2-3 months to live
Message 19 of 48 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

May 4, 2010

Yorik wrote:

A match in sf4 or (sf2) that has ryu vs ryu, the characters wouldn't be going anywhere and be shooting fireballs all day. Ryu vs sagot, shooting projectiles, Ryu vs Dhalsim shooting projectiles or using dhalsim's long reach, staying in one spot until the opponent gets close enough he teleports away. Ryu vs guile, fireballs. Ryu vs grapple characters like zangief = play keep away (you see that alot in sf4, playing keep away)

Which matches felt more hype from the crowd and the commentator, sf4 or 3rd strike? I'm asking cause i don't know.

In Sf4 defence is overpowered. Mainly because of the slow jump-ins. Ryu can shoot a fireball, have you foward jump over it from a good enough distance and shoryuken. I use ryu as an example because he's the most basic character. Crouch hard punch has such an overpowering hit box, most of the time it doesn't even seem like it makes sense. I rather everyone have an attack that beats it and make it more of a guessing game than how it is right now. edit* Also there is way too much trading hits with those anti air moves, leaves characters with lower health at a big disadvantage.
Sure fireballs keep them active, but fun wise? I don't think so. You see alot of comments in vids that say, these people suck they just shoot fireballs all day. (of course thats no the case, but these comments are there for a reason. Nobody likes to see people spam fireballs all day. SF2 and 4 puts so much emphasis on zoning the matches can be really boring.(sometimes there not because of....) 

-> Characters like C.viper keep the match going, alot of people would agree on that.

I find parrying keeps the game going because you don't have to be so afraid to leave the ground.

Tsukihime

PhotobucketMy Ps3 died Friday, May 30, 2008.

Sony has now taken the life of three ps3's in the household...Failure rate = 90%. The 4th probably doesn't have much time left. Poor thing has a maximum of no more than 2-3 months to live
Message 20 of 48 (268 Views)
0 Likes