Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 26 2010
By: ever_so_black Hekseville Citizen 388 posts

Hate Mail

14 replies 38 views Edited Aug 26, 2010

Today, I ran into a situation that I'm sure alot of you have run into at some point or another. Laggy online Ken. I was playing in an endless room just minding my own business. I played this Ken with about 2000 player and battle. I ended up losing with my Bison and Guile (who are both 2k BP for me) and I promptly left. I did notice there was a bit of lag, and absolutely NONE of my anti-airs worked and blocking his cross-ups was difficult because of the latency. I tend to get a little worked up when I do play shotos (mainly Ken and Ryu) because they think that they are better than what is actually true. Pretty much all the guy did was jump-in, shoryuken, then zone. 

Anyways, after I left HE was the one to send the hate mail, long after I dropped the whole situation.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (38 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Re: Hate Mail

Aug 24, 2010

old site but nevertheless entertaining.

http://thebadloserswallofshame.blogspot.com/

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Aug 24, 2010

Shotos are among the best characters in the game, hence why they're so popular. Also, generalizing players is always a cool way to get people to agree with you.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (38 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1456 posts

Aug 24, 2010

1) I've beaten players over 4000 PP. Then in the same lobby, lose to players with less than 1000 PP. BP/PP are poor indications of a player's actual skill. They don't matter.

2) Contrary to popular belief, Shotos are actually not as great as they're made out to be.

Sure they're "easier" to use and have a few exploitable options at low to mid-level play. But once you're playing an opponent who knows what they're doing, Shotos have to work just like every other character.

3) Ignore hate mail.

btbamsig.jpg
PSN: xxvic1ousxx • DustloopMLGProShoryukenXBL:xxxvic1ousxxx
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (38 Views)
Wastelander
772 posts

Aug 24, 2010

ever_so_black wrote:

Pretty much all the guy did was jump-in, shoryuken, then zone. 

What else can you do in SF? 

I always find it amusing when players complain how someone else plays after losing.  The good players kick your butt, no matter what you do.  Why?  Because they are better than you.

As for the 'hate mail', I usually reply "Grow up" and then put them on my block list.  Then I play another faceless, nameless match.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (38 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
981 posts

Aug 24, 2010

Kudos to vicious; points mean nothing.  What matters is uderstanding the matchup, picking up on your opponent's tells/patterns, then launching an effective offense.

As for hate mail: block 'em.  There are thousands of SF players out there.  No use wasting your energy on a few random jerk-offs.

All roads lead to 623+FP
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Aug 24, 2010

SALonghorn wrote:

ever_so_black wrote:

Pretty much all the guy did was jump-in, shoryuken, then zone. 

What else can you do in SF? 

I always find it amusing when players complain how someone else plays after losing.  The good players kick your butt, no matter what you do.  Why?  Because they are better than you.

As for the 'hate mail', I usually reply "Grow up" and then put them on my block list.  Then I play another faceless, nameless match.

No he did the annoying crossup with hk, then swept me then backed off. Randmomly threw in a HP shoryuken. Any time i pressed him he would back away then magically break up one of my links with a HP shoryuken. I couldn't do anything, it was lagging really hard.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Aug 24, 2010

xxvic1ousxx wrote:

1) I've beaten players over 4000 PP. Then in the same lobby, lose to players with less than 1000 PP. BP/PP are poor indications of a player's actual skill. They don't matter.

2) Contrary to popular belief, Shotos are actually not as great as they're made out to be.

Sure they're "easier" to use and have a few exploitable options at low to mid-level play. But once you're playing an opponent who knows what they're doing, Shotos have to work just like every other character.

3) Ignore hate mail.

Shotos don't have to work at all, namely Ryu and Ken. I've eaten ultras from both of them while trading with them AND in the middle of my combo links. Ask Justin Wong how he feels about Ryu.

And about the PP/BP system, it does have its flaws, but its a decent indicator of how good that player is.

I just don't feel anyone that uses a shoto character has the right to send hate mail. Beat me with C. Viper and we will talk. The top player in the world uses Ryu for his brokenness.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
29 posts

Aug 25, 2010

Every character has to work in this game to be useful and get wins, if you get caught up in the same easy flow-charts that ken and ryu have than you deserve the loss, as for justin wong's opinion i wouldn't go around jocking other people and how good they are cuz they've done this and that and what they have to say, but if i DID... i'd go by what daigo umehara, nuki, nemo and ricky ortiz have to say.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Aug 25, 2010

Kanu_Uncho wrote:

Every character has to work in this game to be useful and get wins, if you get caught up in the same easy flow-charts that ken and ryu have than you deserve the loss, as for justin wong's opinion i wouldn't go around jocking other people and how good they are cuz they've done this and that and what they have to say, but if i DID... i'd go by what daigo umehara, nuki, nemo and ricky ortiz have to say.

And you missed the point of what this thread was even about. I'm going to give you a quick rundown of what happened. Match was very laggy, I lost, and accepted defeat though none of my tactics to stop what he had to do worked. I left the room and he took things to the next level.

I'm still saying Ryu and Ken are especially broken on online matches when the latency is bad because their air to grounds have priority then on top of that lagging makes it hard to judge when its actually going to hit.

Reason why I threw Justin Wong's name in there is watch the EVO 2009 matchup between him and Daigo. Justin doesn't think to highly of shotos, and neither do I.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (38 Views)
0 Likes