Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 05 2012
By: Undead-MonkeyGuy Hekseville Citizen 290 posts
Accepted Solution

Why can't we...

12 replies 208 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

...have buildings like Huxleys garage in a competitive multiplayer map? 

You can go up stairs to the roof and buildings like this would add a whole new dimension to competitive multiplayer, you'd be able to hold down positions much better and it generally would be more fun. Plus if you had a small town with buildings like these it would make ground troops the dominant ones in that area, as it would be harder to just role up in a tank or hawk & obliterate everyone and everything. 

Please LBI, create a competitive multiplayer map with complex buildings like Huxleys garage, it will make the game even more enjoyable. 

Also if these buildings take up to much processing power just make the map smaller. I dislike HUGE maps. *coughfacturecough*

This is my signature, FEAR IT!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (208 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Re: Why can't we...

Oct 5, 2012
This would be cool!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (200 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13627 posts

Oct 5, 2012
If you hate large maps don't play on them. There are more options for small maps then there are large now. And don't complain there are no servers available...you can always make your own room.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2066 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Yea, what Pheonix said, if you ever see my Small Maps Zones Server, feel free to join, the maps are Glade, Junction and Relay I might add Orbital in there too.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

Although I do agree with armyluke and Phoenix.. I think you guys missed the major point he was trying to make... wasn't about big maps so much as he was looking for more buildings to play on that are different. Not  the big maps, just that he doesn't prefer them.

EDIT: In addition I don't think he complained anywhere about lack of servers.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13627 posts

Oct 5, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

Although I do agree with armyluke and Phoenix.. I think you guys missed the major point he was trying to make... wasn't about big maps so much as he was looking for more buildings to play on that are different. Not  the big maps, just that he doesn't prefer them.

I know what he was trying to say. However, the game is centered around B&B. You need space in order to build. Adding buildings may help in DM...but for all the other modes it would bring camping and hiding, which would mean the objective isn't being completed and/or people aren't really keeping their base up, which brings about base-ravaging. Cypress and Dust have buildings; Cypress has some in your bases on the Medium and Large maps, and there are others scattered around. Basin has buildings around the crater, and Outlands has some scattered around.

His post also feels like he wants a place to hide from Hawks and other vehicles too...which means he need to play with the Trooper loadout more (which seems to be designed for the smaller maps anyway). And his last comment was a dig at the larger maps; if he had to state that it means he's not finding servers playing the smaller maps a lot. Make your own server then.

Also, from what I remember the garage wasn't really that much better then the buildings on Basin, except it had an opening for vehicles to go through...it wasn't something I'd call "complex" anyway...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Holy over analysis Batman!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (153 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13627 posts

Oct 5, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

Very boring today.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Oct 5, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Very boring today.

yes it is.. but the poor guy just thought the garage was cool! Give him a break. Love you Phoenix.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

I know what he was trying to say. However, the game is centered around B&B. You need space in order to build. Adding buildings may help in DM...but for all the other modes it would bring camping and hiding, which would mean the objective isn't being completed and/or people aren't really keeping their base up, which brings about base-ravaging. Cypress and Dust have buildings; Cypress has some in your bases on the Medium and Large maps, and there are others scattered around. Basin has buildings around the crater, and Outlands has some scattered around.

His post also feels like he wants a place to hide from Hawks and other vehicles too...which means he need to play with the Trooper loadout more (which seems to be designed for the smaller maps anyway). And his last comment was a dig at the larger maps; if he had to state that it means he's not finding servers playing the smaller maps a lot. Make your own server then.

Also, from what I remember the garage wasn't really that much better then the buildings on Basin, except it had an opening for vehicles to go through...it wasn't something I'd call "complex" anyway...

First of, all the buildings on the current maps (excluding a few on cypress) cannot be entered, the buildings on basin are basically squares with a ladder on the side, Huxleys garage has some stairs leading through the centre and to the roof. It's not complex but its much MORE complex than any other building in the multiplayer maps. 

Also I am fully aware about all the mumbo jumbo you named, I've been around since the beta and I've also followed the forums since the beta. You talk to me as if I've only just bought the game.

Buildings may be used to hide in, but it will also give playrs a firmer grip on keeping there base up. Plus what game doesn't have somewhere to hide?

This is my signature, FEAR IT!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (125 Views)
0 Likes