Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 06 2012
By: cnikem_ First Son 21 posts
Accepted Solution

What do you guys think about the jet-packs on deathmatch?

9 replies 220 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

I'm not comparing starhawk with warhawk but deathmatches in WH were more competitive because I had to worry about having life since it did not came back unless I had to get life. Well here in SH, you can comeback to fight after waiting for a couple of seconds in a safe place. The issue is that while you are in a jetpack, there is a lot of gap of recovering time between a player on a jetpack and a player on the ground. Also it does not really show who has the skill in G2G arena. 

If you remember in WH, the famous energetic G2G, such as 1v1 are all over youtube (I miss monkeyboi3 montages). While SH, it is rarely to find. 

I believe if the jetpack was out of the deathmatch, the gamemode would actually be about skill and challenging. But I do not want to affect other players so I would like to read people's point of view :smileyvery-happy:

-

Message 1 of 10 (220 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Re: What do you guys think about the jet-packs on deathmatch?

Oct 6, 2012
Also in warhawk riffle auto locked to jp and jp also had 50% hp of a ground troop they should atleast do that, I mean its not like flying over someones head is an advantage enough right.
Message 2 of 10 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I like jet packs in just about any mode. They make the gameplay more diverse and allow for moving to different levels vertically (top of structures).
Photobucket
Message 3 of 10 (162 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Oct 6, 2012
The KR actually still auto-locks to JP's for about a second. If you properly burst and auto-lock, you too can take advantage of this awesome feature against those pesky jetpackers :smileyhappy:
Message 4 of 10 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Even without the jetpacks, it would still be grenades and rockets flying everywhere without skill.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 5 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
656 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I like when I use the Jetpack because I feel like a priority threat, and everyone is working together to kill me
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 10 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Oct 8, 2012

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I'd love a DM with NO VEHICLES. Take out the jetpack/sidewinder and I'll love it even more :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 10 (101 Views)
Sackboy
517 posts

Oct 8, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I'd love a DM with NO VEHICLES. Take out the jetpack/sidewinder and I'll love it even more :smileyhappy:

^this 

Message 8 of 10 (96 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Soar2344 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

^this 

woot woot! 

I still want this, I'd love a tiny CTF map with no vehicles either....epic teamwork time :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 10 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1319 posts

Oct 9, 2012

lnsidious1 wrote:
I like when I use the Jetpack because I feel like a priority threat, and everyone is working together to kill me

I have to agree, JPs make me a bit concered and have to target them before going back to grinding :smileyhappy:

a no vehicle load-out and a wolf pack load-out would be nice (wolf pack is any vehcile with 2 or more passengers, I can see this when we get APCs Jugglenouats and dropships).

Message 10 of 10 (64 Views)
0 Likes