Re: We got a Starhawk Fan Bonus Kit Giveaway for North America

Apr 7, 2012

Message 31 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 10, 2012

2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at March 25, 2012, 4:07 a.m. (UTC) and ends at April 7, 2012, midnight (UTC) (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Sweepstakes Period.

The above date has passed!!

Prize winner must be available for promotional display and presentation between April 7, 2012, midnight (UTC) to April 8, 2012, midnight (UTC) or will forfeit prize to next winning entrant.

5. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS/ODDS: The potential Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held after April 7, 2012, midnight (UTC). Winners will be selected from entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.

The above date has passed!!!

This website that held this contest has nothing to do with SONY, LBI, or Starhawk. They have 2 threads in their forums talking about something that there is no information to talk about. This site looks like  a gimmic to get traffic to make money. There are ad's at the bottom, ad's on the saide, ad's on the top, as'd inside threads, and as'd on the blog. I have not seen one ad here in this Sony Associated, Sony Owned Starhawk forum.

All the above time perieods have eneded and this Urgent Fury has not congratulated the winner or made a statement announcing who the winner was. AS per the rules thety have full legal right to announce Name, Address, PSN ID, and such. I can't believe they would take items they got FREE while being a spectator at SXSW and use to gain a monetary profile by having visitors impressions on ads generating a revenue.

I also can not understand why the foum staff here would allow this post as it violates Sony Forum Rules.

-Spam. No advertising, solicitations or promotional material (that includes petitions, arranging boycotts, asking others to vote on a poll, and advertising your personal website or other forum). No making off-topic or redundant threads, no posting multiple times in a row with nothing new, and no:

• Bumping: making a new post solely to bring it to the top of the thread listing and push down legitimate discussions.
  • In Before the Lock: Posting “I.B.T.L" or something offensive just before we lock a thread doesn’t add anything to the discussion and isn’t welcome.
  • Quote for Truth (QFT): This applies when you quote someone you agree with, but only contribute a one or two word comment yourself. Try to add something relevant.
  • Poll Threads: Polls can be a good way to jumpstart a discussion, but poll threads that don’t encourage any kind of discussion may be edited, locked or deleted.

So with all that said it is time for this thread to be unstuck or defeatured and possibly removed for violation of Sony Forum Rules. It has served no purpose other than generating traffic for this person who created it, and offends me and may have offended others as well.

Please Starhawk forum staff remove this thread or unstick/defeature it. If it is a freinds thing than I guess forum rules go out the door when people are freinds, but policies need to be establishsed and rules followed. This thread was and is not condusive to this forum or the game of STarhawk. It is purely a method for a website not related to Sony to make money from traffic empressions.

Message 32 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 17, 2012

Still no announced winner on that heavily advertised filled site nor on this Sony owend Starhawk community forum or thread. Seems to be more a gimmick then a giveaway!

Message 33 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Apr 18, 2012

DJHaole wrote:

The Winner has been notified and as soon as he completes his tasks, we will then start the next contest for those of you who are not in the States. T Shirt Only

Um, seems the contest is over and a winner has been notified.  What else do you want?  Do you really expect them to publicly name the person without their consent?

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Message 34 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1768 posts

Apr 18, 2012

Darkabsol wrote:

2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at March 25, 2012, 4:07 a.m. (UTC) and ends at April 7, 2012, midnight (UTC) (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Sweepstakes Period.

Prize winner must be available for promotional display and presentation between April 7, 2012, midnight (UTC) to April 8, 2012, midnight (UTC) or will forfeit prize to next winning entrant.

5. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS/ODDS: The potential Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held after April 7, 2012, midnight (UTC). Winners will be selected from entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.

The above date has passed!!!

This website that held this contest has nothing to do with SONY, LBI, or Starhawk. They have 2 threads in their forums talking about something that there is no information to talk about. This site looks like  a gimmic to get traffic to make money. There are ad's at the bottom, ad's on the saide, ad's on the top, as'd inside threads, and as'd on the blog. I have not seen one ad here in this Sony Associated, Sony Owned Starhawk forum.

All the above time perieods have eneded and this Urgent Fury has not congratulated the winner or made a statement announcing who the winner was. AS per the rules thety have full legal right to announce Name, Address, PSN ID, and such. I can't believe they would take items they got FREE while being a spectator at SXSW and use to gain a monetary profile by having visitors impressions on ads generating a revenue.

I also can not understand why the foum staff here would allow this post as it violates Sony Forum Rules.

-Spam. No advertising, solicitations or promotional material (that includes petitions, arranging boycotts, asking others to vote on a poll, and advertising your personal website or other forum). No making off-topic or redundant threads, no posting multiple times in a row with nothing new, and no:

• Bumping: making a new post solely to bring it to the top of the thread listing and push down legitimate discussions.
  • In Before the Lock: Posting “I.B.T.L" or something offensive just before we lock a thread doesn’t add anything to the discussion and isn’t welcome.
  • Quote for Truth (QFT): This applies when you quote someone you agree with, but only contribute a one or two word comment yourself. Try to add something relevant.
  • Poll Threads: Polls can be a good way to jumpstart a discussion, but poll threads that don’t encourage any kind of discussion may be edited, locked or deleted.

So with all that said it is time for this thread to be unstuck or defeatured and possibly removed for violation of Sony Forum Rules. It has served no purpose other than generating traffic for this person who created it, and offends me and may have offended others as well.

Please Starhawk forum staff remove this thread or unstick/defeature it. If it is a freinds thing than I guess forum rules go out the door when people are freinds, but policies need to be establishsed and rules followed. This thread was and is not condusive to this forum or the game of STarhawk. It is purely a method for a website not related to Sony to make money from traffic empressions.

To make a long story short, most of what you posted is false in regards to violating rules, etc, and we were waiting for Jason to receive his shirt so he could take a Pic and then let him show off his prize.

But to each his own, sorry we have not announced the winner yet so Jaons_ac congrats on winning the contest and your shirt should be there any day now, it did get sent from CA not TX as this person seems to think.

Ohh and just to clarify Urgent Fury is a PlayStation Home Community Theater Partner with Sony PlayStation ie the PlayStation Home Co Branded Logo at the top of the site. So we do have a little something to do with Sony not to mention what else is going on behind the scenes.

My question to you Mr. Darkabsol is why are all 6 of your posts that you have made since you registered on these forums on Feb 2012 have been replies like this on our posts. Is there a motive behind it, are you using an alias because your true username is one we may already know?

Interesting I must say.

Message 35 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1768 posts

Apr 18, 2012

StubbornPuppet wrote:

DJHaole wrote:

The Winner has been notified and as soon as he completes his tasks, we will then start the next contest for those of you who are not in the States. T Shirt Only

Um, seems the contest is over and a winner has been notified.  What else do you want?  Do you really expect them to publicly name the person without their consent?

Photobucket Photobucket

Part of the issue with these forums is I do not receive email notices because for some reason everytime the update my email for me it reverts back to the old one... so sorry I missed your replies

Message 36 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1381 posts

Apr 18, 2012

I've had this problem too DJ. Been working with the mods twice on updating my email and they've said both times it was changed but it wasn't. Don't know what their issue is but it is an issue.

"I never said I supported what I said....... That said, I never said I didn't support it"
Message 37 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1768 posts

Apr 18, 2012

They are well aware, it's the software... blah on this software just say'n

Message 38 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
6738 posts

Apr 18, 2012

DukeDrizzt wrote:

I've had this problem too DJ. Been working with the mods twice on updating my email and they've said both times it was changed but it wasn't. Don't know what their issue is but it is an issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "I never said I supported what I said....... That said, I never said I didn't support it"

Yeah - it's a bug we're trying to get sorted out.

I'll try changing your e-mail  again Duke - and if you guys wanna send over your e-mail addresses to get changed (via PM) I'll see if I can just get them changed all at once!

traWnza

Message 39 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1768 posts

Apr 18, 2012

Thanks traWnza... poor sushi, it was almost weekly he would update mine, I finally just gave up haha

Message 40 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes