Nov 13 2012
By: Mini_Sal Treasure Hunter 8187 posts

Thoughts From a Gamer ---

58 replies 236 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

I have changed my opinion on Starhawk community, and I just wanted to say, I wish you guys were afforded a better game than this. Warhawk was an experience, and while I don't see this game providing the experience for you that you may have wanted or deserved, or the experience that Warhawk was FOR ME, I see the formings of a foundation that could have built a similar community down the road. Again, to reitterate, you guys deserved better, but it is nice to see that the forum goers are at least not as ignorant as they appear to be at first glance.

Message 1 of 59 (236 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Re: Thoughts From a Gamer ---

Nov 13, 2012

1 other thing --- the comparison of WH to SH is not unwarrented IMO, but coming from my point of view, the comparisons of WH to SH is solely because I wanted to experience something like that again. Not because I wanted the game to be the same, or similar at all, just wanted the same feel man.

Message 2 of 59 (221 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Starhawk is not the game we deserve, its the game we need.

Kudos if you got the batman quote!!
Message 3 of 59 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Apology excepted. I think i know where the WH feelings come from though. It sucks that it came out so long ago. But what we're doing here is the lifestream of yhe game. We may give this game a real shot. And its not naievity, the fact that we're here after MoH is proof.

this is me helping
Message 4 of 59 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Mini_Sal wrote:

but it is nice to see that the forum goers are at least not as ignorant as they appear to be at first glance.

Smiley LOL He doesn't know me yet.  Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 59 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
10704 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
Apology excepted. I think i know where the WH feelings come from though. It sucks that it came out so long ago. But what we're doing here is the lifestream of yhe game. We may give this game a real shot. And its not naievity, the fact that we're here after MoH is proof.

Blops 2 will be the real test and I know a lot of the community will leave for anything Activision touches.

After what that hobbit Bobby K said about the PS3 and its users I will never buy another Activision game again if I can help it.  (More what he implied)

Only thing I have liked about COD since #4 was the zombie maps, and those get old real fast.

They should sell the Zombie maps as a stand alone game, then I would not feel bad about buying it.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 6 of 59 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Phillyblunz wrote:

Samokoske wrote:

Blops 2 will be the real test and I know a lot of the community will leave for anything Activision touches.

After what that hobbit Bobby K said about the PS3 and its users I will never buy another Activision game again if I can help it.  (More what he implied)

Only thing I have liked about COD since #4 was the zombie maps, and those get old real fast.

They should sell the Zombie maps as a stand alone game, then I would not feel bad about buying it.

What did Bobby K say about the PS3? That we don't all think we are going MLG/ have a life outside of the game?

Message 7 of 59 (200 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Warhawk was the introduction to multiplayer gaming for a couple of hundred thousand people.

No budget and no game company in the world was ever going too be able to create the episodic melodrama that warhawk managed to provoke from you every time you booted it up.

Message 8 of 59 (196 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Also, if you guys are ever interested in what CAN arise from a game, go over to www.bombsquadkittens.com (not a plug just want to show what was made from warhawk, and encourage you all to do the same from starhawk)

Message 9 of 59 (194 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 13, 2012
I think it came up in my thread, Sal. Something about lacking in the quality of PS3 titles. Because Xbox sold better they were going to concentrate on xbox, and the ps3 isnt really worth their time.

That's really been the issue with console parity this generation and its pretty sad. I heard Dark souls was a downgrade from demon's souls in this regard because of console parity. What made Oblivion well done? The fact that it came out a year after the xbox version? I dont care if i have to wait for the ps3 version to be better, but as long as its better!

this is me helping
Message 10 of 59 (178 Views)
0 Likes