Dec 05 2012
By: PLYMCO_PILGRIM PlayStation MVP 47908 posts

That's Correct Zones IS the Best Mode

85 replies 232 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

:smileytongue:  Don't agree, then vote in the poll ----->   :smileytongue:

ZONES
ZONES
ZONES

I like zones because there is always action somewhere and lots of objectives on the map.  Fighting over the zone and its ability to let you spawn in there, for me, is the most fun in starhawk.   You have drop pods flying down, spawn beacons going up, hawks bombing the circle, turrets going wild, dudes hiding in bunkers, and just epic action.....thats why I love zones!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 86 (232 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Re: That's Correct Zones IS the Best Mode

Dec 5, 2012
DM is better :smileytongue: You don't have to worry about all the A2G "pilots" trying to prove they're better by getting non-essential kills in an objective mode rather than play the mode correctly or go back to TDM.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 86 (226 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8168 posts

Dec 5, 2012

IDK,

I really like Assault and Arena and CTF too.

G.G's last night by the way, you guys showed up and everyone on my team quit, I was looking around and seemed to be all alone then like 5 of you guys raid my base and steal my flag, LOL.

Thanks for switching teams and balancing the 3 (Me and 2 levels 10's or something)vs 7(Alphas and level 50's)

I will say Zones is my favorite mode for dust I think, that map is really bad for most other modes IMO.  (Depends slightly on loadout though)

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 86 (223 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Yep zones is the best and how is tdm not an objective mode?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 86 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 5, 2012

SoccerStud- wrote:

I believe an objective mode usually consists of caputuring or defending a flag, base, zone, area, item, whatnot.  TDM you can argueable say "well the objective is to kill them all" but it just doesn't really fit the popular consensue of what an "objective mode" is.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 86 (212 Views)
Gaming Beast
1991 posts

Dec 5, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:
DM is better :smileytongue: You don't have to worry about all the A2G "pilots" trying to prove they're better by getting non-essential kills in an objective mode rather than play the mode correctly or go back to TDM.

Were you speaking of anyone in particular or just yourself?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 86 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Oh for the love of all that is good and right in the universe.  Can we stop spelling Assault as Assult?

Please fix the darn poll, it has "Assult".

There's an A in there people.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 86 (202 Views)
Gaming Beast
1991 posts

Dec 5, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

SoccerStud- wrote:

I believe an objective mode usually consists of caputuring or defending a flag, base, zone, area, item, whatnot.  TDM you can argueable say "well the objective is to kill them all" but it just doesn't really fit the popular consensue of what an "objective mode" is.

Every mode has an "objctive" or it wouldn't be sides. If there was no objective then we could all just chat with each other and be on the same team with nothing to do.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 86 (199 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Dec 5, 2012

SoccerStud- wrote:

An objective mode has something unique about it that needs to be accomplished in order to win; CTF (including Gatekeeper) has flags that need to be captured, Zones has points that need to be held, Assault has bases that need to be attacked/defended. There is almost always an attacking side (or part of the team), and a defending side (or part of the team), and you need both to win (although that can be argued in the current CTF, where you often just need to have a better attacking side than the other team). You do not need to get a kill in order to win.

TDM and DM aren't objective modes because there is no "objective" added to the game to accomplish to win. All you do is kill other players, which is present in all modes. Yes, the object of the game is to kit the score limit, but that is all you have to do. There is no real attacking or defending side (how in DM...?); everyone has the same role (although Starhawk, with its RTS aspects, does blur that a bit in TDM, you still do not see real attacking and defending sides of the team in TDM, as bases can always be rebuilt and are not necessary to win)

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 86 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Don't forget zones is pretty much anti-camper.

But you do get those intense last stands, especially on the lateral islands on conduit, cove, and junction (only way in and out, besides the air, is the 2 bridges).

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 86 (193 Views)
0 Likes