Aug 28 2012
By: Jpwner First Son 3 posts

Starhawk False Advertising

5 replies 212 views Edited Aug 28, 2012
On the back of any copy of Starhawk it tells you many things including how many players.
It does say 1 player, but, it also says 2-4 co-op online? We all know that Sony dropped the 4 player idea than why would it say that on the back? Maybe there is 4 player splitscreen? I dunno anyone care to explain.
Message 1 of 6 (212 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
904 posts

Re: Starhawk False Advertising

Aug 28, 2012

Jpwner wrote:
On the back of any copy of Starhawk it tells you many things including how many players.
It does say 1 player, but, it also says 2-4 co-op online? We all know that Sony dropped the 4 player idea than why would it say that on the back? Maybe there is 4 player splitscreen? I dunno anyone care to explain.

2-4 co-op is clearly listed under network play.  Meaning the 4 of you have to be connected by a network or over the internet.

Message 2 of 6 (211 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Aug 28, 2012
If that is the case then why can you play splitscreen with two people? (when clearly the game says only one player) If what you say is true than in order to play splitcreen you need 2 PS3s. But thats not the case because the network play is 2-4 Co-op and 2-16 Online and 2-4 co-op means splitscreen online. You cant play splitscreen offline. Sony probably put it on there thinking it was going to be 4 player splitscreen (like Warhawk) but then they firgot to take it off.
Message 3 of 6 (191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 28, 2012
Remember Warhawk had 1-4 players. But not on network
Message 4 of 6 (190 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
904 posts

Aug 28, 2012

Jpwner wrote:
If that is the case then why can you play splitscreen with two people? (when clearly the game says only one player) If what you say is true than in order to play splitcreen you need 2 PS3s. But thats not the case because the network play is 2-4 Co-op and 2-16 Online and 2-4 co-op means splitscreen online. You cant play splitscreen offline. Sony probably put it on there thinking it was going to be 4 player splitscreen (like Warhawk) but then they firgot to take it off.

It says on the box you can play 2 people offline.  That is true.  If you're signed into PSN, it'll want the second player to sign iin as well under their PSN.  If you refuse to log into PSN, you can play with a friend while being offline.  Either way, start up a co-op game, press start and go to split screen.

Under Network players it says 2-4 co-op and 2-32 competitive.  That means to have that many people you have to be over a network or online.

While the instruction manual could clearly be more informative, please don't label your misunderstanding false advertising.

And I'm aware Warhawk  had up to 4 players online.  It sucks that this game doesn't.

Message 5 of 6 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
51195 posts

Aug 28, 2012

Jpwner wrote:

Prospector mode is online co-op and can have 1-4 players in it.

You are wrong this time.

Message 6 of 6 (153 Views)
0 Likes