Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
6 posts

May 22, 2012

I have Charter and I am experiencing problems with gameplay DeadSpider, so I might need someone to come out here and adjust my modem. To the LBI guys, I had tried to call Charter and ask them to unlock these ports for me and they didn't even know how to do it. I was so pissed off at the fact that they hire someone and they can barely do their job. I have tried setting it to a DMZ, unlocking the ports mentioned, and still nothing works. I am constantly getting failed to connect and when I get into a game it seems to be only filled with about 4 people usually. Also, I have online been able to get into a game during the night, I don't know if that makes a difference. During the day I get lucky if I make it into a match at all. I am using a Cisco DPC3825 and if anyone can help me out with it I would truly appreciate it!

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 98 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 22, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 98 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 22, 2012

@Keviathan Gameplay connectivity fixes are part of the patch, this FAQ is for the extreme case of not being able to create or join a Starhawk game - ever. But based on what you described, "it does not work during the day, but works at night" - if you setup a DMZ, do you have a static IP assigned from your PS3 XMB? (Or is your PS3 still getting a dynamic IP address assigned by DHCP?) (Sorry for throwing out this network acronyms, but we have to do it sometimes ) Setting up a DMZ requires a static IP (or the network IP address may shift around on you - back to a state behind the router's firewall). Also note, if you are using a DMZ - there are no ports to unlock, as your are bypassing all of your rotuer's firewall protections.

http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/modem_DPC3825.html

The DPC3825 documentation says it has UPnP support, have you verified that it is on? Try UPnP before DMZ - DMZ is only a temp solution to verify that your network connectivity can and will work if you bypass your firewall. If UPnP did not take effect (hopefully very rarely for most people), that is when you manually configure port forwarding - but port forwarding is a waste of time if your local ISP has port restrictions in effect.

Here is a thread where a Black Ops player was trying to get network connectivity working via setting up a DMZ with their DPC3825 (there may be a step in there that may help or at least more information about the DPC3825 in general):

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25986583-Assign-DMZ-for-ps3-ultimate-internet-cisco

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 98 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 22, 2012

Hey Guys, I have to say I really love the game BUT I am having major connection problems and this is the reason I actually am posting here for the first time!

My background is as an IT engineer and I work with Cisco Firewalls/Switches and Routers though I will admit this is not my main focus.

I have been able to connect on and off over the last while but yesterday and today I just could not connect at all and I cannot understand why. There has been no changes on my side and my problem is I believe the problem is BOTH Starhawk and my ISP but I cannot knock your two heads together! Leaving me with an issue.

Unfortunately my ISP's designated modem is a Cisco EPC3925 which is quite locked down so I cannot make all the changes I would like to but I've been able to play with Port Forwarding, DMZ and UPnP as well as certain IP address stuff. But when I switch on my iPhone as a hotspot and connect via the PS3 to that worked fine! How frustrating.

Can I make a suggestion though because the problem is between you guys and my ISP. Why don't you have some sort of decent network diagnostics? If I could prove it was a NATing issue or a blocked port then I could blame my ISP and get them to deal with it, I have also said the same to my ISP that if they had proper diagnostic tools that I had access to I could see what was happening and blame you guys!

If you need any help diagnosing connection please feel free to contact me. I would have no problem helping out getting this resolved.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 98 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 22, 2012

Thanks a lot Maserati, this all looks incredibly helpful so hopefully I have more luck with it! I appreciate you taking out the time to make your post, thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 98 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 23, 2012

Hi lbi team,  let me start off by saying i have supported you guys by preordering starhawk months before release. Since launch day i have not been able to connect to a multiplayer game mode ever. This has been very frustrating as we all know Starhawk is primarily meant to be experienced as a multiplayer title. i and many others are not getting the experience that we have spent our hard earned cash on. This trouble shooting guide means nothing to me.  i have upnp enabled and supported on my new router/cable modem with NAT 2. I have no issues with countless other mutiplayer games including other sony titles such as killzone 2&3, socom, uncharted 2&3, twisted metal etc. i'm able to see games listed in lobby server, but not able to join or create a game in Starhawk. A friend of mine tried inviting me to a coop game but all i ever seem to receive is "Failed to connect" every single time. this is totally unacceptable. we need a fix not this guide. there is nothing wrong on my end. How could you release such a broken game?. feeling ripped off right now... please address this issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 98 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 23, 2012

This was the exact problem I had GezForce, my connection has improved since I posted I can now get into games after getting about 2 or 3 failed to connect errors. I messed a lot with the TDP/UDP ports so try that solution, good luck!

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 98 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 25, 2012

THIS IS PATHETIC! Does Lightbox even read these comments are they doing ANYTHING about it? Has ANY patches been released? I've never had this many problems with a game EVER! It's broken that's all it is. Yeah connection issues are bad as well. Try being stuck with a blank slate screen for 10-20 minutes after every time you die, or in some cases unable to deploy AT ALL. Or even some cases not being able to go into multiplayer because you need to pull up that retarded slate screen to begin with. BROKEN!

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 98 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 25, 2012

Well, after a few days my connection has went back to the way it was. I finally came to the conclusion that it's the game or it's servers, I just bought Ghost Recon and I have had absolutely no problems with it at all. Good luck on fixing this guys, until then Starhawk will be gathering dust until I hear about a patch.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 98 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

May 25, 2012

My connection to everything works properly, the only problem I'm facing at the moment is that after a match ends, when it attempts to load the next game on that server ( or w/e, I don't completely understand the room system in Starhawk ) it never succeeds. I can leave and connect to another game fine, but I can never play the NEXT match in the same room/server.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 98 (517 Views)
0 Likes