Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Re: Starhawk America! VOTE!

Nov 6, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
Minimum wage is another beast altogether buy redistribution is a fallacy. Everybody is treated on a case by case basis, and if you are working and still can't survive on your own, you need real help. Last i got a friend that would help me was when i was 8... on a trivial matter.

How old are you? The economic hardships right now are very real and being felt by working class people.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 140 (145 Views)
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Nov 6, 2012
I couldn't even imagine trying to make it on just minimum wage today. The math alone for a family is devastating but this topic is not one that's ever talked about during campaigns. Not directly anyways. Its always "this will trickle down" or these policies will help the middle class in the future. Minimum wage affects them now.
Okay I'm starting rant. Its been nice having an actual discussion here and not a WH vs SH flame thread so for that thanks guys.
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 140 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 6, 2012
Excuse me. I thought butt holes could be funny. Alan Greyson would say butt holes in an argument... and I'd probably find it funny. but per your request i'll treat your srguments with the same respect you are tresting mine.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 140 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Nov 6, 2012

good convo balls     i like honest thought out disagreements      i have lost 4 jobs through no fault of my own in the last 4 years.  Im 30 years old and now have to start all over again.  So that is why the policies of this admin really upset me it affects me and my family in every way.  Under bush (whom i did not like)  i worked and got regualar raises had insurance and money to spend under obama i have no job  no extra cash higher gas prices and food costs and with less money coming in that is sad for me.    My wife makes the bread and butter in my family and she goes to school full time and works full time   we sacrifice everyday to better ourselves.  And it appalls me to think that when we are successful in 20 years all the work and sacrifice we put into getting there.  Will end up being taken away in part to help others who don't want to work. 

In my state we pay for illegals homes,  rent, electric, drivers licences, healthcare, and food    instead of helping those that don't pay taxes help those that do.   Just my opinion

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 140 (130 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 6, 2012
Sal, you boast your age, but your stupid shows harder. this time, articulacy fails you, unless the text doesn't imply i'm an advocate for the struggling families?

Or is devil's advocate your play? Cause in that case anarchism doesnt sound so bad.

"Add Mini_Sal to mu burn list. And track his movements will ya?"

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 140 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Well. If Obama wins.... I can tell you the next big market boom....

Get  a job in Health Insurance.  The HI companies are sweating bullets O might NOT win and OCare will get repealed... because they stand to lose BILLIONS in profit.

Sounds like that's the place to be if he wins.....

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 140 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Nov 6, 2012

ballsmakinze wrote:
I couldn't even imagine trying to make it on just minimum wage today. The math alone for a family is devastating but this topic is not one that's ever talked about during campaigns. Not directly anyways. Its always "this will trickle down" or these policies will help the middle class in the future. Minimum wage affects them now.
Okay I'm starting rant. Its been nice having an actual discussion here and not a WH vs SH flame thread so for that thanks guys.

eh, like I said.... this types of discussions are what builds a community, even when it may disagree about things like game balancing.  Just makes you realize not everyone here is a troll or a little kid, waiting on the next game to hit the shelves.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 140 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Nov 6, 2012

@bate     obama care is badnews for me   my wife is a nurse in a nursing home.  and obama care cuts payments to hospitals and nursing homes through medicare and medicaid.   in other words the nursing home my wife works at will get less money for providing the same care as before the law.  When that happens they have less money on hand to give raises and better benefits and are expected to do the same care with less money on hand.   

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 140 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

TX11 wrote:

@bate     obama care is badnews for me   my wife is a nurse in a nursing home.  and obama care cuts payments to hospitals and nursing homes through medicare and medicaid.   in other words the nursing home my wife works at will get less money for providing the same care as before the law.  When that happens they have less money on hand to give raises and better benefits and are expected to do the same care with less money on hand.   

Well, here's why I dislike OCare... and let me say - WE NEED MEDICAL REFORM... just not OCare...

Here's my hang up with it.

FORCING PEOPLE TO BUY INSURANCE.... does NOT... in anyway... guarantee health care for all.  It doesn't set a cap for what insurance can charge people a month, it doesn't force Insurance to get rid of the red tape bullsh it they're so fond of.  I already have insurance, and its a bloody nightmare to get them to pay for anything.  I live 20 minutes from the OK/TX border?  I can't use a Texas doctor and it pay for it.... say, a cardiologist.  I'd have to drive to Tulsa or OKC, 2.5 hours away... to use a doctor I know nothing about.

Obamacare is NOT going to guarantee healthcare for the poor - they already get that paid for.  It doesn't help the wealthy - they can afford treatement.  Its going to hurt the middle class, and hard, when they either take a tax penalty for not having insurance, or when they do get it and have to pay out the ace for it.  My parents already pay almost 2grand a month.... think everyone is going to be okay for that?  Already, hospitals will not negotiate price if you have insurance, but you pay cash, they will lower the cost AND let you pay it out.

So... yeah.  Give us medical reform. Sure.  DO NOT think buying frickin insurance is the magic bullet... its not.  Its just a redtape nightmare.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 140 (99 Views)
Sackboy
522 posts

Nov 6, 2012

well said bate   and i agree with you 100% about we need medical reform.    also another thing obama care does is    place hundreds of new taxes on financial transactions for everyone.   Like going to an atm will cost a tax.  Depositing money in the bank through direct deposit will now be taxed.   This stuff has nothing to do with healthcare but is all in the healthcare law.     banks are going to be forced to charge these new taxes for the federal govt

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 140 (93 Views)
0 Likes