Highlighted
Oct 06 2012
By: wrappy I Only Post Everything 1012 posts
Accepted Solution

STILL NO ROOKIE SERVERS

12 replies 199 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

I don't know how lbi/sony expects this game to grow. they bring in a ton of new people w/ a great deal on the multi player and basically feed them to the wolves. most of the new players, didn't get the campaign, and are pretty much starting at basic learning levels. these people have no place to learn the basic mechanics let alone how to deal w/ a server full of experienced players. on top of that there are no skill icons in the server list, so stand up players can't avoid the lower levels. team balance STILL does not work. I have played many, many, many games w/ blue rift stars on one side only.

I understand we are not going to see official servers, but how about an option when setting up a server that limits higher level skill score players from entering. examples would be no blue rift stars, nothing above silver circles, gold squares, or platinum stars.(they're magically delicious). this suggestion has been made many times, I'm not sure why they wouldn't want new players to have a chance to learn the game and enjoy themselves by playing w/in the appropriate skill level.

Message 1 of 13 (199 Views)
Wastelander
656 posts

Re: STILL NO ROOKIE SERVERS

Oct 6, 2012
True, but they should learn from the better people killing them, because you won't learn to really be good from anything else.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 13 (190 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Oct 6, 2012
This is what Co-Op is for Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 13 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
656 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Co-op is surprisingly harder than anything else. Those rifleman have perfect aim.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 13 (180 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Oct 6, 2012

wrappy wrote:

I don't know how lbi/sony expects this game to grow. they bring in a ton of new people w/ a great deal on the multi player and basically feed them to the wolves. most of the new players, didn't get the campaign, and are pretty much starting at basic learning levels. these people have no place to learn the basic mechanics let alone how to deal w/ a server full of experienced players. on top of that there are no skill icons in the server list, so stand up players can't avoid the lower levels. team balance STILL does not work. I have played many, many, many games w/ blue rift stars on one side only.

I understand we are not going to see official servers, but how about an option when setting up a server that limits higher level skill score players from entering. examples would be no blue rift stars, nothing above silver circles, gold squares, or platinum stars.(they're magically delicious). this suggestion has been made many times, I'm not sure why they wouldn't want new players to have a chance to learn the game and enjoy themselves by playing w/in the appropriate skill level.

I agree. Maybe when people create servers they can have "Pros only" or "high levels," something like that. 

Message 5 of 13 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

I agree. Just give us an option to set server limits on skillscore or rank, and I think the problem will be solved. And the person making the server should only be able to set the limit as low of a level/skillscore as they themselves are.

I think the problem with that might be that it fractures the community a bit though...but is that necessarily a bad thing when its fractured by ability and skill? There would be constant flow between the division lines, because as people get better and rank up/ skil-up they would migrate to the next level of server difficulty. It would do great for balancing, since blue-stars would be facing mostly other blue-stars, while lower skillscore players would be able to build their skills and stats in a fair setting. Also, with an added incentive for newer players to try and "graduate" to the higher level/skillscore servers, you'll see a longer lasting interest among NEW players to keep playing the game.

Please LBI, make this happen! It would really streamline the game a lot and do wonders for its lasting replayability.

Message 6 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Oct 6, 2012

lnsidious1 wrote:
True, but they should learn from the better people killing them, because you won't learn to really be good from anything else.

after you get to certain ability this is true, new players against advanceed players is stupid and frustrating for the good and the new players.

Message 7 of 13 (161 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Oct 6, 2012

CyVirus wrote:
This is what Co-Op is for Smiley Tongue

this is what I've been recommending to new players, but still they bought the multi player, why not be able to play it w/ people at their skill level.

Message 8 of 13 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2778 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Any server you are in IS a rokkie server! Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 9 of 13 (147 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

I support this idea.

First off, I'm so glad to see this game is still alive... I just hope Sony promotes it more. We *NEED* new players, doesn't matter if they are noobs for a while - that's how the game grows and continues to thrive.

ANYTHING which gives the new players a smoother, easier learning curve is a welcome addition. I know how frustrating it is to get into a multiplayer game late and get  pwned, that's expected... but new players is what will keep this game alive.

I dream of the day where people instead of raging at noob players actually try to help them out. 

The one's we should be hostile about are the *beep*'s using a turbo-fire/modded controller who are the cancer of online gaming.

k.. i don't k now why i wrote so much lol.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 10 of 13 (134 Views)
0 Likes