Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 12 2012
By: Crazy-Maisy PlayStation MVP 3293 posts

Rift Collectively Belongs to Team (or not)

9 replies 334 views Edited Oct 12, 2012

Someone told me ingame the other day that ALL the RIFT on a team belongs to the team, not the individual. They were very rude, took down things we (other players) had built.

CFT or TDM

Yes, reported them. That's not the point. There was someone else also destroying things, but they were just a regular rude person reacting to some of us because of someone else in our clan who wasn't there at the time. FWIW

The point is, this first person, they were beyond rude. ANTI wall to the hilt, even though we had issues defending the flag without them. It is sometimes our desire to slow down flag grabs and flag flees. It works. That player says it doesn't and that he can make the decisions on what is put out ---all the while saying that rift is TEAM owned. They are saying that THEY have top dog status. Well, they were the only one like that, other's put out stuff and it was taken down by that player.

The great thing was that on another match that player was against us. Yes, our walls slowed them down. Actually that player died because of it. Then ONE time someone else "jumped" over a wall, and they said "How are those walls working for you now?!!!" which was just ludicrous since we knew at that moment how petty that player was (beyond what we already thought.)

They didn't just take down walls -- they took down anything around or next to the flag. EVERYTHING and ANYTHING.

The point of this is I'd like to know what y'all think:

Is RIFT Collectively the teams?

If so, then who is the one who decides what can be built?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (334 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Re: Rift Collectively Belongs to Team (or not)

Oct 12, 2012

walls are pretty useless and can sometimes take up valuable build space. your rift, but your playing on a team, so helps to work together.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Oct 12, 2012
I think walls are pretty useful. The help in CTF.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (323 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Oct 12, 2012

If this was a public server he didn't need to approach it in the way you describe.  The rift is earned by the individual yes, but In a team based match what is built where and how should be a effort of the collective.  Good to have someone in charge of buliding if possible. Now if this guy was just some random player that had a "we're gonna do it my way" attitude. That's unfortunate.

Walls can be useful sometimes depedning on the loadout if used correctly, often times they are pointless and it is better to strategically place turretts or towers, as walls can take up build count very quickly.

So is the Rift for the team? Sort of yeah, but people need to coordinate as well with it.  And also not just come in and be like "NO bad!"  if they have a better idea let everyone know fist before dutifully destroying everything already built.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (318 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3293 posts

Oct 12, 2012

wrappy wrote:

walls are pretty useless and can sometimes take up valuable build space. your rift, but your playing on a team, so helps to work together.

Team work, yes, I agree with that. Valuable space, I agree with that. BUT defending a space without ANY walls or beam turrets even, this is what that person was saying, that only an open space there by the flag was the right way to play, forcing us into that by destroying anything we made, and making comments with voice and also PSN messages to me about the Collective Team Rift thing and it was so very politically disgusting!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (315 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3293 posts

Oct 12, 2012

This was a public match and this person wasn't taking charge ... they were destroying everything thing we built, and told me that stupid collective thing when I PSN messaged him about why was he doing it. THEN he started mouthing off with voice. It wasn't that we were being random weird builders, this was a simple wall off the back and front of the flag area, not just me, others too, we all were helping each other.

Team effort and rift and building choices going into a collective system ... it's amazing that it does work without a designated head, almost every match we're in for the most part. TeamWork is awesome.

GOW71 wrote:

If this was a public server he didn't need to approach it in the way you describe.  The rift is earned by the individual yes, but In a team based match what is built where and how should be a effort of the collective.  Good to have someone in charge of buliding if possible. Now if this guy was just some random player that had a "we're gonna do it my way" attitude. That's unfortunate.

Walls can be useful sometimes depedning on the loadout if used correctly, often times they are pointless and it is better to strategically place turretts or towers, as walls can take up build count very quickly.

So is the Rift for the team? Sort of yeah, but people need to coordinate as well with it.  And also not just come in and be like "NO bad!"  if they have a better idea let everyone know fist before dutifully destroying everything already built.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Well in that case. He just seems like a jerk.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (307 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1026 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012

How can you understand, you are pampered western capitalist!

Just let it go, dude. He was a guy who hated walls and wanted to use you as his spare rift source, then got **bleep** because you didn't bend over and take it like he wanted you to. As long as you don't take up every building slot for your own strategy, you have nothing to feel sorry about. That said, be very careful how many walls you put, since it's easy to reach the build limit that way; people will get understandably mad if they can't build anything when their life depends on a quick bunker or corral drop to live, and so on. Then the walls will be a liability.

I'm a possum. I'm usually a nice possum, but if you show up just to spite the game, boast, or try to get the game catered to you, be warned: I bite. Have a nice day!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1319 posts

Oct 12, 2012

walls on CTF and Assualt are good, walls on TDM is either castle defense or camping uner a shield with walls+turrets.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Walls can be effective and invaluable when used correctly, or completely worthless and wasted space if used incorrectly or placed randomly, and on that note, they were not ment to keep EVERYTHING out. Sideinders, when at the correct angle and speed, can easily jump them, tanks, hawks and troops with grinders can bust right through, and grizzlies jump right over no problem.

As for Rift, IT'S BOTH! YOU collected it, and It's YOURS to use as YOU see fit, BUT you also most take into account what you build, where you build it, and that structures use, as to further your TEAMS win and not hinder them in any way, I.E.: walls around the flag can hinder enemies trying to get at it, while at the same time being a pain for a teammate running the enemy flag home IF that wall has no GATE or easy way in.
Spitting in the Wind and Arguing with the Sun, life can't get any better.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (259 Views)
0 Likes