Uncharted Territory
1319 posts

Re: RIFT CANNON

Aug 24, 2012

why not a mix of philys and cro-nosm1 idea? it shoot a torpeedo (but has a range limit till it blows) if placed correctly you can also fire it at the ground but since its high cost and its destroyablilty. range limit (can`t be to far or to close) it wouldn`t destroy the BnB aspect to much so it pans out but can be VERY affective against air. or people can learn how to shoot hawks down form tanks, it works aswell and is rather satisfying :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Maybe it has 2 firing modes: one directly aimed at the air, and the other similar to the Ox's artillery. Only instead, it would be more like a Torpedo. :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (49 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Phillyblunz wrote:

CRO_NOSM1-BUBA wrote:

Firstly, it should be a ground-to-air weapon only––anything like the binoculars from Warhawk would break the ground game (make BnB useless). 

Just like the torp and clusters already do, so whats the issue?

Oh Yeah, nothing but the hawks are allowed to break the game, I forgot.

I agree with your statement, but the fact remains its already been done by the hawks, so allowing the ground troops to do it as well cant hurt too bad could it?

My answer was a fireworks type of attack.  Plant it, it shoots straight up. explodes all air vehicles in range.

That was the idea, hence I said the cannon' s fire would have a radious (I guess I should have said it's attack's radius). I still stand by the air-only approach though, it would be the most balanced. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3756 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Seriously, have you guys ever thought of manning the Beam Turrets? ^_^ '

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (42 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Aug 24, 2012

gs94 wrote:

Seriously, have you guys ever thought of manning the Beam Turrets? ^_^ '

Yes, do it all the time, and have it in the tactics thread...

However, this is an alternative, a sort of ace of the ground. Just waiting for dlc at this point...

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7992 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

CRO_NOSM1-BUBA wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

CRO_NOSM1-BUBA wrote:

Firstly, it should be a ground-to-air weapon only––anything like the binoculars from Warhawk would break the ground game (make BnB useless). 

Just like the torp and clusters already do, so whats the issue?

Oh Yeah, nothing but the hawks are allowed to break the game, I forgot.

I agree with your statement, but the fact remains its already been done by the hawks, so allowing the ground troops to do it as well cant hurt too bad could it?

My answer was a fireworks type of attack.  Plant it, it shoots straight up. explodes all air vehicles in range.

That was the idea, hence I said the cannon' s fire would have a radious (I guess I should have said it's attack's radius). I still stand by the air-only approach though, it would be the most balanced. 

My point was to remove the vehicle aspect of it.  Make it a troop pick up that must be placed somewhere.  then either triggered or a timed release.  It would spawn as often as the torp. 

Why make a dedicated anti-air vehicle?  No other vehicle has such restrictions(except maybe SW).

But the torpedo is currently only useful againt ground targets.  So I say make a new weapon just like the torp, but only useful against air targets.

Plus it would look cool shooting up and a nice big bang and some dazzle perhaps.

The torp has no rift cost at all, has no negative repercussions(Can be shot close range and not destroy yourself), and is the most powerful weapon in the game.  So why should the troops have to spend 10's of rift to have the equivalent?

Also a vehicle can be destroyed, but a pickup can never be, only those who pick it up can be destroyed.

Perhaps like the torp, when the troop is killed, this weapon would not drop to be picked up again.

Oh, and to balance the fact that the torp can be shot down, make this weapon take 2-3 seconds to plant, during this time the troop would be easy prey.  risk vs reward.  (even though the torp can be shot in ways that its impossible to shoot down, but we should know by now the risk vs reward applies to most things in most games but not the hawk)

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (22 Views)
0 Likes