so this is LBI only solution for the kick to the xmb problem buy another santa monica game because this is what i would have to do since i dont own any santa monica games like gow or gran tourismo
I have been patiently waiting for LBI to fix this since day 1. Patch after patch and they still have not fixed this ploblem. I wonder why??? do they not understand what the problem is and are they just completely clueless on how to fix this???
Anyone who has experienced the kick to XMB feel free to reply to this one.
- When this happens does it ask you to submit a crash report?
- What you were doing when kicked?
- Does it seem to occur more on specific maps, or when using specific vehicles?
- Were you using the new custom in-game music feature?
- What PS3 model are you using? This can be found on the sticker on the bottom of your PS3, or the last two groups of characters on the serial number sticker on the back.
Pete, I have had this happen a couple times, but not nearly as many as others have had it happen. I posted a video of it from someone else. although it had a text screen saying **bleep** or something like that during the actual kick, it happens exactly like that. just a black screen and your back at the XMB screen. but to answer your questions.
2. Flying a hawk. (although it seems like it happens when you are doing better than normal in a round, it happens only when flying from my experience.)
3. The map was never the same twice for me, I have had the experience in dust basin, as well as space. those are the only two times I remember it happening. (one time it was during tournement play)
4. NO, this has happened since day 1 and been posted multiple times, maybe when we called it XMB kick you guys didnt associate it with being kicked out to the cross media bar of the PS3.
5. I dont know the model, and dont feel like looking at the back of my PS3, if you absolutely need it let me know. but My PS3 is from launch day, 60gig model.
I wish I saw this post sooner cause I would have posted sooner, hope my info helps you guys out.
One general question to everyone, I dont remember it ever happening in the beta during any version of it since november to the end. Had anyone had this go on during the beta, or only during version 1.0 on release?? and Matt Mores vid is a prime example of what happens. in the hawk, black screen no warning, no lag, no glitchyness, just XMB bar.