07-08-2012 11:22 AM
I find that the best way to get land mine kills is to put one on the bottom of your sidwinder simply by flipping the sidwinder and puting a mine on this means that the mine will stick to enemy vehicles but not explode you because of enemy fire.
07-08-2012 12:29 PM
07-08-2012 02:48 PM
This is a move from Warhawk, first discovered by lookingreat, which it's named for
While being chased by three or more enemy Hawks, place Air Mines, preferably 12, in a small area in the sky, and weave in and out of them; your enemies, usually the noobs, should scatter.
Coming up with interesting Hawk tactics is a little harder (considering mining strategies but haven't tested them in the field yet), good one though.
07-08-2012 04:09 PM
I like to put 3 turrets spaced just far enough but within range to cover each other in a triangle by the flag, then I mine the back of the turret.
Turret Jammer, Low Profile, choose your poison.
Generally works best in Dust, but you can do this on any turret by the flag
I started placing mines by turrets after reading this. Works great. Also, toss a mine on directly on the area that it spawns for some cheap kills. Yea, it's cheap. But it is fun watching people fall for it. hehe
07-08-2012 06:21 PM - edited 07-08-2012 06:31 PM
07-09-2012 09:24 AM
I'd like to compile a list of some interesting tactics I and the community have come with (eventually), but for now these are some I have used/tested out recently:
- THE PSEUDO- BRUISER: while an enemy is in a turret or the like, slash it with your knife, pretending to have bruiser--works like a charm--they come out and become an easier kill.
-THE ANT-TAGONIST: While in a sidewinder, get close to a tank and try lifting/pushing it away from underneath, this is fun for trolling tanks--but more importantly, it gives support to other teammates who are trying to attack it, since the tank has difficulty aiming and becomes a sort of sitting duck.
- THE WALL of ILLUSION: (sort of specific to zones, but may be applied elsewhere) Place a wall along the sides of a zone, while still having gaps withing it, and looking sort or random--but behind it's noobish looks will lie tactically placed mines, enemies swoop in, and boom.
Share your thoughts + ideas.
COMMUNITY INSPRED IDEAS:
- TURRET BAIT: build a turret, watch enemy take it out, and then blow him up with a perfectly timed rocket.-EvilChamp
-THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE: put 3 turrets spaced just far enough but within range to cover each other in a triangle by the flag, then mine the back of the turret.Turret Jammer, Low Profile, choose your poison.- IRRES169
- HAVEN HIJACKED: Hacking bunkers with people inside it will give you nice mancake kills. The people inside the bunker won't know you have hacked it until they're dead.-Kolhu
-TURRET-PEDO: When sneaking up on a tank spawn an auto turret on its back, its spawning is almost impossible to notice yet it still kills the tznker. -UnKnOwN_FoRcE0
- POSSUM TRAP: Mine vehicles in the enemy base, self-explanatory. One sneaky trick to hide the mines is to place them where a spawned vehicles should go, then use hacker to spawn a vehicle, hiding the mines.- nukepossum
-LOOKINGREAT (Mine Cloud): While being chased by three or more enemy Hawks, place Air Mines, preferably 12, in a small area in the sky, and weave in and out of them; your enemies, usually the noobs, should scatter.-SOUTHERN_COMFORT
The Flying Tank - Get behind a tank, with a hawk, and boost it into the air, super funny
The Flying Mech- See above