Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Re: A Few Interesting Tactics

Jul 8, 2012
Updated, keep em' ideas rolling folks (as well as feedback on specific strategies)!
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 266 (765 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Jul 8, 2012
I did this from a hawk and the turret landed on the guy with my flag :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 266 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Jul 8, 2012

I find that the best way to get land mine kills is to put one on the bottom of your sidwinder simply by flipping the sidwinder and puting a mine on this means that the mine will stick to enemy vehicles but not explode you because of enemy fire.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 266 (755 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7294 posts

Jul 8, 2012
This is a move from Warhawk, first discovered by lookingreat, which it's named for :smileytongue:

LOOKINGREAT
While being chased by three or more enemy Hawks, place Air Mines, preferably 12, in a small area in the sky, and weave in and out of them; your enemies, usually the noobs, should scatter.
soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 266 (742 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Jul 8, 2012

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:
This is a move from Warhawk, first discovered by lookingreat, which it's named for :smileytongue:

LOOKINGREAT
While being chased by three or more enemy Hawks, place Air Mines, preferably 12, in a small area in the sky, and weave in and out of them; your enemies, usually the noobs, should scatter.

Coming up with interesting Hawk tactics is a little harder (considering mining strategies but haven't tested them in the field yet), good one though. 

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 266 (717 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 266 (709 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Jul 8, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

Bermuda-Triangle

I like to put 3 turrets spaced just far enough but within range to cover each other in a triangle by the flag, then I mine the back of the turret.

Turret Jammer, Low Profile, choose your poison.

Generally works best in Dust, but you can do this on any turret by the flag

I started placing mines by turrets after reading this. Works great. Also, toss a mine on directly on the area that it spawns for some cheap kills. Yea, it's cheap. But it is fun watching people fall for it. hehe

"Best fun you'll ever have for $8. Next!" - What my drill sergeant said after I threw my first grenade.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 266 (689 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2012
I like to join baserapes and just Forrest Gump it in a straight line too the other side of the map randomly swinging my knife.
Granted it's not much of a tactic but when I do get a lucky shank on you unsuspecting noobies I call it the " you bloody shanker "
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 266 (668 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2012

BEST TACTIC EVER

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 266 (658 Views)
PlayStation MVP
47821 posts

Jul 9, 2012

CRO_NOSM1-BUBA wrote:

I'd like to compile a list of some interesting tactics I and the community have come with (eventually), but for now these are some I have used/tested out recently:

- THE PSEUDO- BRUISER: while an enemy is in a turret or the like, slash it with your knife, pretending to have bruiser--works like a charm--they come out and become an easier kill.

-THE ANT-TAGONIST: While in a sidewinder, get close to a tank and try lifting/pushing it away from underneath, this is fun for trolling tanks--but more importantly, it gives support to other teammates who are trying to attack it, since the tank has difficulty aiming and becomes a sort of sitting duck.

- THE WALL of ILLUSION: (sort of specific to zones, but may be applied elsewhere) Place a wall along the sides of a zone, while still having gaps withing it, and looking sort or random--but behind it's noobish looks will lie tactically placed mines, enemies swoop in, and boom. 

Share your thoughts + ideas. 

COMMUNITY INSPRED IDEAS:

- TURRET BAIT: build a turret, watch enemy take it out, and then blow him up with a perfectly timed rocket.-EvilChamp

-THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE: put 3 turrets spaced just far enough but within range to cover each other in a triangle by the flag, then mine the back of the turret.Turret Jammer, Low Profile, choose your poison.- IRRES169

- HAVEN HIJACKED: Hacking bunkers with people inside it will give you nice mancake kills. The people inside the bunker won't know you have hacked it until they're dead.-Kolhu

-TURRET-PEDO:   When sneaking up on a tank spawn an auto turret on its back, its spawning is almost impossible to notice yet it still kills the tznker. -UnKnOwN_FoRcE0

- POSSUM TRAP: Mine vehicles in the enemy base, self-explanatory. One sneaky trick to hide the mines is to place them where a spawned vehicles should go, then use hacker to spawn a vehicle, hiding the mines.- nukepossum

-LOOKINGREAT (Mine Cloud): While being chased by three or more enemy Hawks, place Air Mines, preferably 12, in a small area in the sky, and weave in and out of them; your enemies, usually the noobs, should scatter.-SOUTHERN_COMFORT

The Flying Tank -    Get behind a tank, with a hawk, and boost it into the air, super funny

The Flying Mech-    See above :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 266 (660 Views)
0 Likes