Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 08 2012
By: bending_sinister Lombax Warrior 84 posts

Idea for 1.04! M.A.W. flight mode! LBI Please Read!

7 replies 153 views Edited Aug 8, 2012

Okay I think this will be right up your alley LBI. Introducing the ability to choose how your rocket flies against airborne enemies for 1.04! There are three choices the player can select:

1. Normal Rocket Flight: Your rocket will only hit cliff-sides or friendlies - never enemies. This flight mode possesses no advantages, making it essentially useless - it should never ever be chosen under any circumstances. Normal Rocket Flight is the default setting for your launcher.

2. Classic Arcade Rocket Flight: Lock on and shoot. It's as easy as pie. You fire, and the rocket weaves through obstacles to hit your target nearly every time. Seriously, why are you still reading?

3. Pro Rocket Flight: For those expert players looking for an extra handica.. erm... challenge. First, you get to construct your own rockets! Each rocket requires 30 seconds of careful preparation - they may even explode in your face - so find a safe location while you perform this delicate assembly. Once asembled, it's ready to fire. There are no lock-ons in this mode - you guide the rocket towards hawks and jetpacks! Be careful though: keep a close eye on wind, rocket fuel, and yaw or you'll miss. It's extremely hard to hit anything, but when you do you'll feel like a champion! Also you'll now be able to assume a smug superiority to CARF rocketeers because their mode requires no skill - satisfying! Keep in mind, your trooper is prone while you pilot your rocket - better be wearing your knife-proof vest!

Message 1 of 8 (153 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Re: Idea for 1.04! M.A.W. flight mode! LBI Please Read!

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2012

Lol, I'd choose Pro Rocket flight, nothing beats controlling my missile in first person.:smileytongue:

Seriously though, LBI released all the STATS yo, and they can't lie, Normal flight is on par with both other flight modes.  So everything is settled.

Message 2 of 8 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Aug 8, 2012

Pro Rocket Flight will be the best. You get to have all this control and stuff, making it super advanced and stuff, and only for elite rocketeers and stuff. Those CARF noobs are just gonna be pressing the R1 button all day, they got no finesse like us future PRFers.

Message 3 of 8 (141 Views)
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Aug 8, 2012

Exactly! **bleep** noob CARF'rs using that mode simply because it's effective! Screw them! PRF all the way!

Message 4 of 8 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Aug 8, 2012

Yea boi, tell em! Effectiveness and utility can suck a fat....cigar! Advanced=better, right? It means an earned advantage through more rigorous efforts at mastery right???? RIGHT??????

right?..

Message 5 of 8 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
904 posts

Aug 8, 2012

I think I'll use NRF so I can do something about teammates spamming worthless **bleep**.

Message 6 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Aug 8, 2012

I think everything needs 3 control modes. like normal/classic arcade/pro:

run, drive, shoot, hide, build, rage quit, pod drop, base rape, unbalance, skill equip, jet pack, camp on top of a mountain, .... and so on mode.

did i miss something? ;-) 

Message 7 of 8 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Aug 8, 2012
Watch this be the only good idea that's implemented..
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 8 of 8 (65 Views)
0 Likes