Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
542 posts

Re: 1.04 Inspired Idea: Sidewinder Chaff

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

it wasn't a major nerf.   It was an addition to the game.  For better or for worse.   i think its a good addition to the game and people who wanna sit on a mesa and blow them away.  in my opinion is no different then a hawk with clusters pounding people who spawn.  its a cheap lame tactic to use.   But i believe it was worse before patch when sw were driving through the home base like its a drive thru mowing people down who just spawn.  Sw wasn't overpowered before it was abused in a way it wasnt intended to be.   This in my opinion is why the lock on is needed and is a very welcomed addition.

Message 21 of 234 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

Sep 26, 2012

i didn't look at a SW yesterday since i was on the grizzly but i didn't lock onto any SW either.

rndmjosh.png
Message 22 of 234 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Sep 26, 2012
Oh a shot at me TX. Ouch. Lmfao. I'll sit on a mesa all day because I'm following the objective. In TDM my goal is to stop you from killing my teammates. In CTF my goal is to keep you from my side of the map. If you choose the sw and risk your life running towards my base then you've made your choice to die lol.
Message 23 of 234 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1319 posts

Sep 26, 2012

I didn`t find getting charged at by a SW an issue, I commenly them with my MAW or placed a proxy. if it was a base ravage bunkers do fine. so far I`ve blocked sevral MAW rockets (on Glade) and gotten sevral MAW 2 SW kills.

I would want more time testing it though ebfore saying tis needs to be changed

Message 24 of 234 (173 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Sep 26, 2012

I would suggest having a dodge mechanic instead of chaff. This requires that the driver has more skill and is paying attention.

I think that simply adding chaff makes it too easy to dodge a rocket.

http://www.youtube.com/xSuperCargo
Message 25 of 234 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48860 posts

Sep 26, 2012

ballsmakinze wrote:
or just no lock on seeing how the grizzly makes quick work of a sw anyways now.

Well this is obviously my preference if you read the SW lock on thread however I do not think LBI is going to undo the SW lock on so I'm looking for other reasonable ways to maybe come partway between the 1.03 and earlier no-lock on and the 1.04 lock on.

Message 26 of 234 (165 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48860 posts

Sep 26, 2012

SuperCargo- wrote:

I would suggest having a dodge mechanic instead of chaff. This requires that the driver has more skill and is paying attention.

I got a PM suggesting the same thing, check out my comment about 6 posts down on the last page for my opinion.

Message 27 of 234 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48860 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

TX11 wrote:

it wasn't a major nerf.   It was an addition to the game.  For better or for worse.   i think its a good addition to the game and people who wanna sit on a mesa and blow them away.  in my opinion is no different then a hawk with clusters pounding people who spawn.  its a cheap lame tactic to use.   But i believe it was worse before patch when sw were driving through the home base like its a drive thru mowing people down who just spawn.  Sw wasn't overpowered before it was abused in a way it wasnt intended to be.   This in my opinion is why the lock on is needed and is a very welcomed addition.

You and I have talked about this on a few occasions and our opinion does differ on the lock but we don't differ on sharing the opinion that it was too easy to abuse the SW for runovers before, especially in CTF games where people would go for kills and not objectives.  

I just was bothered that I couldn't get off my SW and get far enough away to not die.  I reacted fast enough to get off, even started running, but the splash damage still got me (hence my motivation here with saying just give me one chance to break a lock every 30 seconds or so). 

Thanks for the good post.

Message 28 of 234 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Sep 26, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

SuperCargo- wrote:

I got a PM suggesting the same thing, check out my comment about 6 posts down on the last page for my opinion.

It's a good point. Maybe if the dodge feature had a cooldown? I still like dodge (or evade) better than chaff simply because it requires that players be more aware of their surruoundings instead of just punching chaff all the time.

Although if sidewinders had only 1 or 2 chaff uses, it could also work.

http://www.youtube.com/xSuperCargo
Message 29 of 234 (155 Views)
Sackboy
542 posts

Sep 26, 2012

wasnt really a shot at you i just preferred to use the image you had already presented to us.  i have more of an issue with it being called a nerf.  it wasn't and that is grossly overstating it.   you want to get on a sw and drive accross the map really fast you need to have a drawback   weak armor put with maw lock on is just that.    also with ctf game mode the way it is   you need a way to get a sw who is running away.   Im all for the lock on sw and on tanks.   but in the end most will disagree      i was killed more by hawks with flak while driving my sw last night then i was by maw lock ons.    in fact i played for 8 hours and never got killed by sw lock on  but did get killed at least 5 times with flak and a couple of times by cluster bombing pilots

Message 30 of 234 (145 Views)
0 Likes