Sackboy
423 posts

Re: I would like your thoughts on....

Oct 25, 2012
Using the rift affinity skill + outpost spam is almost unstoppable. Who can't survive long enough to gather 1 rift bar? I can usually build another outpost as soon as I land *cough* on the back of your neck with my pod.

I'm actually not proud of this tactic, but it's too effective to pass up. Being on the receiving end really sucks.

I wish SMS cared enough to increase the outpost cost to 6 rift. Highly unlikely, I know :-(
Message 51 of 117 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Oct 25, 2012
I really preferred the 8 rift outposts more, it was more strategic then, now it's just spam spam spam ham.
Message 52 of 117 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Oct 25, 2012

ballsmakinze wrote:

Starhawk now and then Like the new maps and modes, not so sure about the DLC. Also I miss being new to the game.
Grizzlies being op More like the Razorback and Sidewinder are underpowered.
Forum mods Eh
The MLG contest Never been that into the competitive scene
Future DLC's At least give us a discount for buying in packs, I don't feel like renewing PS Plus
1.05 I want Razorbacks and Sidewinders to be better. Stronger gun on the razorback and pistol while riding the sidewinder.
LBI Reminds me of Eat, Sleep, Play. Anyone else?
Spammed outposts Spammed everything you mean? Either way, I don't mind as long my team isn't just wasting resources.
Warhawk ideas left out ideas of starhawk I miss you non-jeep turrets ;_;

I genuinely want to know what everyone thinks on the above topics and I'd like to keep this thread on topic so that we don't overload the mods in their busy schedule.

Oh and please try and keep the answers short because long winded threads never get read.

Message 53 of 117 (145 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Finn187 wrote:
Using the rift affinity skill + outpost spam is almost unstoppable. Who can't survive long enough to gather 1 rift bar? I can usually build another outpost as soon as I land *cough* on the back of your neck with my pod.

I'm actually not proud of this tactic, but it's too effective to pass up. Being on the receiving end really sucks.

I wish SMS cared enough to increase the outpost cost to 6 rift. Highly unlikely, I know :-(

Our team won tonight during the Wednesday community game becasue of this.  As soon as I see assault coming up, I put on Rift affinity and provide spawn points next to the bases.  If the enemy team takes one down, I put 2 back up.  And they have a less defended base for their troubles.

Too easy.

Message 54 of 117 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

THE_MANGAAS wrote:

Finn187 wrote:

Our team won tonight during the Wednesday community game becasue of this.  As soon as I see assault coming up, I put on Rift affinity and provide spawn points next to the bases.  If the enemy team takes one down, I put 2 back up.  And they have a less defended base for their troubles.

Too easy.

It's easily countered in Assault if theres only 1 or 2 players doing it, all you need is 1 or 2 guys with a grinder going round taking them out while 15 other player move around the circle with MAWs and Shotguns. :smileytongue:

This is my signature, FEAR IT!
Message 55 of 117 (117 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Oct 25, 2012

ballsmakinze wrote:

Starhawk now and then -much better now

Grizzlies being op- I don't think so, they're pretty easy to kill.
Forum mods  -STOP MERGING THREADS

The MLG contest - hahahahahaha
Future DLC's -that would be nice, but yea, probably not
1.05 -last update IMO
LBI  -I'll follow Dylan in any game he does
Spammed outposts - annoying necessity
Warhawk ideas left out ideas of starhawk -mistake not having capturable bases & better flight

also skills were a terrible idea

I genuinely want to know what everyone thinks on the above topics and I'd like to keep this thread on topic so that we don't overload the mods in their busy schedule.

Oh and please try and keep the answers short because long winded threads never get read.

Message 56 of 117 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 25, 2012
Yeah, more like half the team... while the other half uses squad leader. Smart attackers build the beacons far enough away and spread them out, which draws the defenders away from their circle. And you need at least two grinder defenders for every attacker using rift affinity and spamming beacons. Do the math... you just can't defend against this.
Message 57 of 117 (93 Views)
PlayStation MVP
50144 posts

Oct 25, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

So basically you are trying to teach me strategy I knew yesterday, clearly you have not played today's game anywhere outside your controlled environment of the BHD/Forums server.

I'll tell you what let's set up a server and balls and I will show you what today's game looks like like.  Then you will understand that you are not seeing the whole picture. 

I play in optimus' and whatever other server I see a clanmate in when I hop on.  

I wasn't trying to teach you a strategy at all, just telling you how I handle the situation you described so it isn't as big of a problem for me while playing as you made it sound like it was for you.

No need to be snarky.

Message 58 of 117 (80 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50144 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
Can your team counter that?

spawn with grinders..............they take about 3 or 4 seconds to ravage a spawn beacon.

Message 59 of 117 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50144 posts

Oct 25, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

I think he needs to see it in full effect before he will believe.

especially since he keeps saying he knows how to counter it by spawning with grinder, tells me he really has not seen this.  :smileylol:

and the game is broken because it should not happen on any server, it's not fine just because it doesn't happen on your's.

enough with the strawman argument that I ONLY play in one server irres.  Lets try and keep it civil shall we?

Message 60 of 117 (77 Views)
0 Likes