Highlighted
Oct 01 2012
By: LBI_Pete Lightbox Interactive Developer 144 posts

Have connection issues? Want to help us track them down?

15 replies 613 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

We're actively investigating the scattered connection error reports we have been getting.  To move onto the next step we need assistance from players who are having the problem.

Specifically we need assistance from players who are able to connect to games while connected wirelessly to their router but who cannot connect when hardwired.  So to repeat, we need players who have connection problems while using an ethernet cable but ARE ABLE to connect when using wireless.

If you fall into this category please reply to this thread.  And I'll work with you directly on the next few steps.

Message 1 of 16 (613 Views)
Last Guardian
10546 posts

Re: Have connection issues? Want to help us track them down?

Oct 2, 2012

Not to derail your thread, but I wanted to say that what-ever you guys did in patch 1.04 seems to have worked for me.

I can play split-screen again!!!  So thanks from my son and I.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 2 of 16 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

Oct 2, 2012
I don't know what you all did, but it's working now.! Thanks.!
THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 3 of 16 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2068 posts

Oct 4, 2012

What about Wireless? I keep getting disconnected when trying to setup a server.

Message 4 of 16 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Lightbox Interactive Developer
144 posts

Oct 4, 2012

We're trying to investigate a specific case that may shed some light on some of the other connection issues that players are experiencing.  So while this test may seem to exclude the type of connection problem you are encountering, the results of the test may help us understand why other types of connection issues are occurring.

Message 5 of 16 (415 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Hi there,

I have this issue, unable to connect using an ethernet cable, but  can connect when using wireless.

When using the ethernet cable option I get the an error code -  'Error code #4 00000008 1 358'.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 16 (372 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Pretty much the same issue I'm experincing with.

Message 7 of 16 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Lightbox Interactive Developer
144 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Atdarighttime wrote:

Hi there,

I have this issue, unable to connect using an ethernet cable, but  can connect when using wireless.

When using the ethernet cable option I get the an error code -  'Error code #4 00000008 1 358'.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

I'll send you a message with some more information.

Message 8 of 16 (294 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 14, 2012

If this is real, i would like to help. My name Grimmviper. I am hardwired. I tried 20 times to play and only one success, today. Yesterday a whole lot more with 3 successes. This sucks. I love the game, but it has major issues. Its also faulty in its filter process, I block unowned content, clan battles and all others, but nothing changed. And it does not take off those who went offline. please help.

Message 9 of 16 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2012

This is my problem as well I thought I had it beat by goin into DMZ but just had my first hard freeze since 1.4 and the DMZ I have been running with a static ip please shed some light on this I would like to be able to use my Ethernet Cable instead I was hosting a full server game in a hawk and I froze it was a 12 map custom CTF load out sound was also low and cutting out. LBI_Pete I believe in you where will you send the message?

Message 10 of 16 (166 Views)
0 Likes