Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Re: Flying Modes - please fix

Jun 14, 2011

jason_ac wrote:

batenswytch wrote:

KDR means nothing because it is so easily padded/faked - as is rank, I guess - but Rank would be the easier 'dividing' line, IMO.

Really, there's no perfect solution, because KDR people would just pad to keep NF, if it were by Rank, people would just create alt after alt account.

WarhawkCenter.net  By serious Warhawkers, for serious Warhawkers.

>KDR people would just pad to keep NF

You misunderstand...if you pad KDR and it goes ridiculously high, you LOSE NF. If you abuse NF and have a high KDR against pro-flighter's, you lose NF. etc. Until you start playing fairly and dying at a more "normal" rate.

"Normal" is perhaps based on the KDR of the best pro-flighter's KDR against other PF'ers in official servers.

>> I should have said Sandbag their KDR.  Pad, Sandbag, either way its manipulation with a dishonest intent.

>Rank would be the easier 'dividing' line, IMO.

Yes, but then those who prefer NF and don't abuse it, but rise to a high rank, can no longer use it, even if they haven't been abusing it.

>> As I said, there's no way to fix it and make everyone happy. My point was is if it was THE DEVELOPERS intent that more experienced players step up to Proflight and leave NF to the n o 0 bs, NF could simply no longer be an option after Rank X.  I myself prefer having either option available, based on the map and who I am forced into the air with.

Or just make sure all flight modes are bug-free! Which, Sony will probably be willing to have more time/money spent on Starhawk before & after release, as compared to Warhawk, so hopefully we get all bugs corrected.

>> It is here we both agree, entirely.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Jun 14, 2011

batenswytch wrote:

>I should have said Sandbag their KDR.  Pad, Sandbag, either way its manipulation with a dishonest intent.

WarhawkCenter.net  By serious Warhawkers, for serious Warhawkers.

I thought that's what you might have meant. Doesn't change my idea though. If a cheater is willing to trash his stats and give-up the kill-points, that's fine, the KDR test has thwarted his attempt to abuse the system to climb the leaderboards.

The Warhawk wiki is here
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Jun 15, 2011

Sounds like you need to get good at flying,

less moaning and groaning about flight modes.

068 Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jun 16, 2011

Soundafek wrote:

Sounds like you need to get good at flying,

less moaning and groaning about flight modes.

Photobucket

This can be said about the entire game of Wh, and next SH.  Just insert topic at 'Get good at________" and "...about _______."

Get good or get out.  Its harsh, but true.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Jun 18, 2011

HAHAHA the game isnt even out for like another year. and theres already Nubs crying about flight modes. have you ever tried to ohhh idk.. get good?

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (76 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48582 posts

Jul 8, 2011

Veringetorix wrote:

I read on the ps blog today that they are going to include what my friend and I call, "b**** mode," for flying.  What really ruined the flying for me in warhawk was this mode, because people flop and spin all over the place when this mode is enabled.  It is way too easy for them to shake missle locks, let alone get a lock on them since they are all over the freaking place.  It is just flat out stupid and ridiculous.I feel that this mode was totally exploited.  On the other hand, pro flight mode is much more realistic and actually made it challenging and fun.

There was nothing wrong with noob flight mode.   If you were good at pro flight it didn't matter how many noob spins they would do, you will shoot them down eventually.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jul 8, 2011

I gotta say that the flight was the most unbalanced piece on WH. It should one control standard, just like all the other vehicles. The rest is skill.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (76 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48582 posts

Jul 8, 2011

RPhero wrote:

I gotta say that the flight was the most unbalanced piece on WH. It should one control standard, just like all the other vehicles. The rest is skill.

I get what your saying.  Make only one type of flight mode available to all and get rid of any controversy, right?

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

yup

Thread cleaned up and locked. :smileyhappy: -space_cape!!

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (76 Views)
0 Likes