Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
1768 posts

Re: Feature Request: Ability to Save Server Rotations

May 21, 2012

LBI_Ron wrote:

Really what it comes down to is time - there are a million things we wanted to keep adjusting, adding, tweaking, fixing etc but at some point you have to stop all of that and just get the game out of the door.  No game is ever *done* in the minds of those creating it.

Many will probably say that saving the server list save is such a small and easy thing to do - yes it is, and there were a lot of small and easy things we wanted to do.  But every time you change/add something it adds exponentially to testing time.

So long answer is yes, this is something we talked about and we are considering for a future update. 

Ron,

I know exactly what you are talking about... can't wait to see this added, it will sure help with our LiveStreamed Community Nights

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 96 (135 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48555 posts

May 21, 2012

Yeah DJ I used to take great care to try and make good, fun, and interesting server rotations in warhawk.  With the larger amount of possible map variations in starhawk saving it will help with my clan's servers a lot too as I typically make 10-15 different games in each rotation.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 96 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1594 posts

May 22, 2012

LBI_Ron wrote:

Really what it comes down to is time - there are a million things we wanted to keep adjusting, adding, tweaking, fixing etc but at some point you have to stop all of that and just get the game out of the door.  No game is ever *done* in the minds of those creating it.

Many will probably say that saving the server list save is such a small and easy thing to do - yes it is, and there were a lot of small and easy things we wanted to do.  But every time you change/add something it adds exponentially to testing time.

So long answer is yes, this is something we talked about and we are considering for a future update. 

but there 24 hours in a day, more than enough time for you guys to work and get things done! lol, jk.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 96 (135 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48555 posts

May 22, 2012

While the squeeky wheel gets the oil sometimes if you squeek too much you just get replaced

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 96 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2805 posts

Jun 4, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

While the squeeky wheel gets the oil sometimes if you squeek too much you just get replaced

----------------------------------------------

BHD now recruiting for Starhawk - Click here

i would like to see the return of ranked severs like they had in warhawk. luckily i havent really seen anyone do this but being able to fly with the flag in a rnaked game seems like a recipe for disaster if  hosts do start throwing that around

i guess i forgot to care
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 96 (135 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48555 posts

Jul 13, 2012

derek1230066 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

----------------------------------------------

BHD now recruiting for Starhawk - Click here

i would like to see the return of ranked severs like they had in warhawk. luckily i havent really seen anyone do this but being able to fly with the flag in a rnaked game seems like a recipe for disaster if  hosts do start throwing that around

When i'm hosting a mixed server i will usually toss one Fly with the flag in there but I don't tell anyone, then I am flying with the flag and people are like "What, that dude is flying with a flag!"    :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 96 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
803 posts

Aug 4, 2012

Was this in the 1.3 patch notes?  I don't think i noticed it.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 96 (124 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48555 posts

Aug 6, 2012

Lord_Voldermort1 wrote:

Was this in the 1.3 patch notes?  I don't think i noticed it.

I didn't see it either but maybe its there....I hope :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 96 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Aug 6, 2012

Not in the patch notes for 1.03, but I can't wait for them to take notice and implement this.  I'd be far more likely to make my own servers if it didn't take 10 minutes to set it up right every time.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 96 (114 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48555 posts

Aug 6, 2012

StubbornPuppet wrote:

Not in the patch notes for 1.03, but I can't wait for them to take notice and implement this.  I'd be far more likely to make my own servers if it didn't take 10 minutes to set it up right every time.

I've gotten pretty good at it taking me only 5 minutes now...but when I rush I end up with a zones match with a 500 point limit :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 96 (111 Views)