Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Re: FLAK to TROOP?!

Oct 1, 2012
The thing is flak is anti air weapon and it does to much dmg to troops and grizzlies i understand jp and other hawks also you don't see the flak turret one hiting any ground units the same should go for the hawk flak which if fixed would only leave the spin to win problem with hawks they are near prefect
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 65 (147 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I think the simplest "Flak vs. Troop" solution doesn't require any nerf or buff.  They just need to have specific pieces of shot (the flak is much like a sawed-off shotgun, but really big) actually have independent hit damage and independent collision detection.

What is happening is that a weapon that realistically should be pretty inaccurate, especially against a small target.  If you fire it from further away, the spread should really make it less likely that any of the individual bits of flak actually hit the target (in this case the trooper).  Instead, it does the same amount of damage to anything within that spread, regardless of the visuals of what piece actually hits what.

Another way to say it:  If the flak were working realistically - If you fire it up close to something, all of the little bits of flak will hit the target and do all of the combined damage.  If the flak were working realistically - If you fire it from far away, the target would only take damage from those few bits of flak that actually hit it.  As it works in the game now, it doesn't matter how many bits of flak hit the target, one piece does the same damage as 12 pieces.

So, no buff, no nerf, just more realistic damage would, in my opinion, settle this debate and make everything fair.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 65 (141 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I think flak was added because evading is too easy.  Its possible to evade any and all locked weapons, and can be very easy depending on if you use the easy mode.

So they made Flak to fix what they broke with evading.

In the beta hawk dogfights were long and hard fought battles.  You would chip each other down with swarms then see who was the first to go for health, that wa the guy who usually died.

Now if you can learn to evade locks or being locked they can just spray at you with up to 9 Flak and hope the two required to kill you connect.  Its a bad joke IMO.

You should be able to hold enough Flak to kill 1.5 hawks at any one time.  Thats 3 shots I believe.  Then the skill would give you 4.  

Who do you think is a good pilot that uses Flak?  Now check their stats for Flak.  I seen some guys with 30-40 thousand Flak fired, and 2-3 thousand kills with it, LOL.  Seems to be another fix for one problem has become its own problem.  It gets spammed constantly and has turned into the equivalent of the Hawk Noob Tube.  (We have this great fix for your Morphine addiction sir, 100% success rate!  Great what is it?  We call her our "Heroin")

If it had less ammo perhaps it would be conserved more often and not spammed all the time.

I have an idea of a true A2G weapon for the hawks, perhaps it needs its own thread.

think of a glue gob shooter, stick them to the ground then use MG to finish off.  Then make torps and clusters only effect structures, and Flak only effect vehicles.  Fixed.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 65 (135 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Oct 1, 2012

StubbornPuppet wrote:

I think the simplest "Flak vs. Troop" solution doesn't require any nerf or buff.  They just need to have specific pieces of shot (the flak is much like a sawed-off shotgun, but really big) actually have independent hit damage and independent collision detection.

What is happening is that a weapon that realistically should be pretty inaccurate, especially against a small target.  If you fire it from further away, the spread should really make it less likely that any of the individual bits of flak actually hit the target (in this case the trooper).  Instead, it does the same amount of damage to anything within that spread, regardless of the visuals of what piece actually hits what.

Another way to say it:  If the flak were working realistically - If you fire it up close to something, all of the little bits of flak will hit the target and do all of the combined damage.  If the flak were working realistically - If you fire it from far away, the target would only take damage from those few bits of flak that actually hit it.  As it works in the game now, it doesn't matter how many bits of flak hit the target, one piece does the same damage as 12 pieces.

So, no buff, no nerf, just more realistic damage would, in my opinion, settle this debate and make everything fair.

That would be a great start, and possible finish to this debate.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 65 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Oct 1, 2012

If you guys don't like the use of flak against ground troops, you need to learn to run faster.  

Spoiler
:smileyhappy::heart::robotlol:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 65 (129 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Oct 4, 2012
I've got the solution guys. There needs to be a mushroom power up for troops, making them huge. After that, you get the feather powerful allowing you to fly. Then you equip the union shotgun AND UR SET! Now, you too can fly around mowing everything down in a nondiscriminatory fashion! Best part: IT AFFECTS EVERYTHING.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 65 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Sorry for double post, mobile version doesn't let you edit posts.

Flak was meant to counter the spin-2-win problem, which it does pretty well, but that kind of means that that's what a lot of dogfights boil down to: who's the most proficient with the flak. Not saying that's necessarily a problem, but it does make the game a certain way (up to you whether that's a good or bad change). I personally lean a little more towards the bad side, but I generally don't have too much of a problem with it since it does require SOME skill to use, making it fairly fair in my mind.

That being said, I think Phillyblunz brought up a bunch of really valid points, and I think StubbornPuppets solution is the fairest. That way, for people who INSIST on having flak work A2G, they simply have to be skilled with it (no complaints from me there), and for people who don't think it should work at all A2G (like me) they won't see it abused on such a wide scale. I consider it a solid compromise, what say you naysayers? Whaddya think LBI?
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 65 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47952 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Flak and cluster bomb to lone ground troop annoys me because I feel like they are both skilless, chicken noobie, maneuvers.

HOWEVER I'm not going to ask LBI to adjust how either work as I think the weapons are working as inteneded.  Have you seen what a flak gun does?  

Bad video but you can get an idea :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 65 (83 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Wow, Four pages and nobody told this noob to get good......standards are slipping around here folks

To OP here is how you counter flak to troop : play Arena :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 65 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Oct 4, 2012

If flak did not work against ground troops I would just use homers more.  They are just as easy as flak.  You guys on the ground need to get good or get a vehicle/jetpack (how was that?).  

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 65 (68 Views)
0 Likes