Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/17/2012
Offline
3293 posts
 

Re: Enuf of this who's to blame...?

Oct 20, 2012
In the end it probably wasn't Jobe's decision to make the game go gold. Even he seemed dubious in an interview with IGN's Up @ Noon's Start show host superman jello fandango Greg "The Thriller" Miller.

It's been 2 years, SONY needs a game. They've been beta testing for 6 months. We'll patch it later, go!


this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 62 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/20/2010
Offline
793 posts
 

Re: Enuf of this who's to blame...?

Oct 20, 2012

Bad sales are to blame.  Why bad sales?  Clan stacking @ beginning sucked and idiots trolling the forums people read to help make their decision sucked.  

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 62 (149 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 02/22/2011
Offline
42 posts
 

Re: Enuf of this who's to blame...?

Oct 21, 2012

It takes skill to play Warhawk. Yet you have auto aim -_-

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 62 (135 Views)
Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/07/2007
Offline
1090 posts
 

Re: Enuf of this who's to blame...?

Oct 22, 2012

 

With six months of beta testing without fully testing ALL of the weapons and vehicles in the game publicly before the release was simply stupid!

 

Maybe they were not done yet, but still, why release such an untested game that will live or die on how well the multiplayer played?

 

Had we had time to test everything in "real life" games, not in-house tests, maybe more than balance issues could have been found and corrected before the release.

 

I don't even know how this game got such good reviews unless all the reviewers was at LBI playing the game against the developers on closed in-house servers.

 

I don't complain about how different Starhawk was to Warhawk like so many do but I expect a game to one, work when I try to play it, and two, be a bit more balanced than Warhawk was since LBI knew Warhawk was left with some ongoing balance issues.

 

Had LBI copied Warhawk more in the balance department with some needed tweaks and not tried so hard to start completely over, I think the game would have been more enjoyable right from the beginning and less frustrating to both WH vets and newbie's alike.


I have asked about this along with a few others, every review ignored the issues with the B&B limits, the BRing, the void at the center of the maps. All I coud figure is that the devs played on one side and controlled the game to hide these errors.

As for the Advertising, there was tons! I am not sure how people claim there was not much but it was all over. The issues I had with it was it was wayyy too corndog. They also seemed to spend sooooooooo many hours on those stupid viral ads and not one second responding to the beta testers. I remember the 10 questions that was lowered to 5 or whatever, and then never was done until post release. The whole time we waited we kept seeing tons of new DJ interviews and ads directed to the new players (as in none of the interviews talked about anything new, and most of it was look at how awsome it is to work at LBI and play pool at work.

 

The only way Warhawkers hurt this game was not in forcing others to play it.  I for one preordered it, spent hours on crafted suggestions, did not play the early beta to save space for others (not sure if that really was a logical idea), and I even tried to build models to show my ideas.

 

I am sad LBI lost out, getting laid off sucks. Perhaps they can use this time to get some funding to go back to school and increase their portfolios (I did once). THere were some talented graphics artists there, but whomever decided to ignore the white whale that was following them messed up big time.

 

I am sad that Warhawk 2 (that they had told so many of us Warhawk players on the board that Starhawk basically was) may never be made, but I am having fun on Warhawk again. To the generals, I understand not wanting to go back and play it, but I am not one yet, and I spend a lot of time in unranked with split screen so I think the game will keep me going for some years to come.

Welcome to Craibwoud

LBP2: U.S.S. OK
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 62 (108 Views)
Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/07/2007
Offline
1090 posts
 

Re: Enuf of this who's to blame...?

Oct 22, 2012

Lord_Voldermort1 wrote:

Bad sales are to blame.  Why bad sales?  Clan stacking @ beginning sucked and idiots trolling the forums people read to help make their decision sucked.  

 

 



Well if the forums really had power like that, there would be soooooooooooooo much advertising and fake profiles posting here. I have never meeet a person that decided to get a game based on this. Half the time people post here to get more info, but they usually say got it anyways or got something else. I posted here once to see if I should pickl up my copy yet because I knew some of the players that could tell me if they fixed the glitches yet, or if they added the dropship. There were fanbois of this game from the very start, when ever people posted to deal with clusters they would get flamed by the fanbois, posts about the worthless sheilds were flamed, posts about the arren maps were flamed...all I could say is this game was damaged by fanbois in denial about the cluster farming they had been doing making the devs not realize they were building a game for clan stacking spawn killing fanbois. With that said...I am pretty sure that the forum has little power on the game since LBI spent very little time here...like they did on Warhawk...oh wait Warhawk did not fail, so maybe if the LBI team did not ignore the regular fans and gamers then it would have worked.

 

I just wanted a &*%$ing game they had advertised prior to warhawk with thos amazing battleship fights in the air! :smileysad:

Welcome to Craibwoud

LBP2: U.S.S. OK
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 62 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/20/2010
Offline
793 posts
 

Re: Enuf of this who's to blame...?

Nov 1, 2012

LBI shouldn't have listend to ANYONE and just made the game their way like they did with warhawk...............

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 62 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
501 posts
 

Re: Enuf of this who's to blame...?

Nov 1, 2012

Blame me. My parents say its all my fault most of the time anyway. At least thats what they told me about the divorce.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 62 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/01/2010
Offline
5809 posts
 

Re: Enuf of this who's to blame...?

Nov 1, 2012

Celsus wrote:

Lord_Voldermort1 wrote:

Bad sales are to blame.  Why bad sales?  Clan stacking @ beginning sucked and idiots trolling the forums people read to help make their decision sucked.  

 

 



Well if the forums really had power like that, there would be soooooooooooooo much advertising and fake profiles posting here. I have never meeet a person that decided to get a game based on this. Half the time people post here to get more info, but they usually say got it anyways or got something else. I posted here once to see if I should pickl up my copy yet because I knew some of the players that could tell me if they fixed the glitches yet, or if they added the dropship. There were fanbois of this game from the very start, when ever people posted to deal with clusters they would get flamed by the fanbois, posts about the worthless sheilds were flamed, posts about the arren maps were flamed...all I could say is this game was damaged by fanbois in denial about the cluster farming they had been doing making the devs not realize they were building a game for clan stacking spawn killing fanbois. With that said...I am pretty sure that the forum has little power on the game since LBI spent very little time here...like they did on Warhawk...oh wait Warhawk did not fail, so maybe if the LBI team did not ignore the regular fans and gamers then it would have worked.

 

I just wanted a &*%$ing game they had advertised prior to warhawk with thos amazing battleship fights in the air! :smileysad:


I seriously doubt anyone with any sense about them make a purchase based purely on the internet forums alone.  

 

IF that were true, NO ONE would buy a cot dam thing off Craigslist.  Ever need to use their 'help forums'?  The trolling there makes this forum look like child's play.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 62 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/01/2010
Offline
5809 posts
 

Re: Enuf of this who's to blame...?

Nov 1, 2012

Celsus wrote:

 

With six months of beta testing without fully testing ALL of the weapons and vehicles in the game publicly before the release was simply stupid!

 

Maybe they were not done yet, but still, why release such an untested game that will live or die on how well the multiplayer played?

 

Had we had time to test everything in "real life" games, not in-house tests, maybe more than balance issues could have been found and corrected before the release.

 

I don't even know how this game got such good reviews unless all the reviewers was at LBI playing the game against the developers on closed in-house servers.

 

I don't complain about how different Starhawk was to Warhawk like so many do but I expect a game to one, work when I try to play it, and two, be a bit more balanced than Warhawk was since LBI knew Warhawk was left with some ongoing balance issues.

 

Had LBI copied Warhawk more in the balance department with some needed tweaks and not tried so hard to start completely over, I think the game would have been more enjoyable right from the beginning and less frustrating to both WH vets and newbie's alike.


I have asked about this along with a few others, every review ignored the issues with the B&B limits, the BRing, the void at the center of the maps. All I coud figure is that the devs played on one side and controlled the game to hide these errors.

As for the Advertising, there was tons! I am not sure how people claim there was not much but it was all over. The issues I had with it was it was wayyy too corndog. They also seemed to spend sooooooooo many hours on those stupid viral ads and not one second responding to the beta testers. I remember the 10 questions that was lowered to 5 or whatever, and then never was done until post release. The whole time we waited we kept seeing tons of new DJ interviews and ads directed to the new players (as in none of the interviews talked about anything new, and most of it was look at how awsome it is to work at LBI and play pool at work.

 

The only way Warhawkers hurt this game was not in forcing others to play it.  I for one preordered it, spent hours on crafted suggestions, did not play the early beta to save space for others (not sure if that really was a logical idea), and I even tried to build models to show my ideas.

 

I am sad LBI lost out, getting laid off sucks. Perhaps they can use this time to get some funding to go back to school and increase their portfolios (I did once). THere were some talented graphics artists there, but whomever decided to ignore the white whale that was following them messed up big time.

 

I am sad that Warhawk 2 (that they had told so many of us Warhawk players on the board that Starhawk basically was) may never be made, but I am having fun on Warhawk again. To the generals, I understand not wanting to go back and play it, but I am not one yet, and I spend a lot of time in unranked with split screen so I think the game will keep me going for some years to come.


All of this ^

 

As to the first quote, what I highlighted in gold:  That's all the WH vets ever really wanted in large part.  But most people wouldn't know this because they weren't a part of the private beta forums or testing.  They just assume we hated SH from the get go.  They forget we spent many weeks of beta testing, documenting problems by video, offering solutions to balancing issues, asking why they deviated so far from the Warhawk pattern of balancing, and begging them to fix the balancing problems and the ease of baserapes.

 

All for naught.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 62 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/17/2012
Offline
3293 posts
 

Re: Enuf of this who's to blame...?

Nov 1, 2012
Nono... Child's play is for charity! And anybody eho trolls craigslist should just off themselves... really. these people should not reproduce. and their parents should be ashamed of themselves


this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 62 (63 Views)
Reply
0 Likes