Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Re: Dodging Tutorial?

Nov 25, 2012

MandaNights wrote:

I guess Some things never change lol

Anyways here is an AF one if you want to try that:

Personally, I learned from this video. And yes, it still does apply, for the most part

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 79 (158 Views)
Gaming Beast
2176 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

So, I "abuse" a pick-up (which is useless when not being hit anyway) against pilots who "abuse" broken game mechanics and I'm the bad person...yeah...

Spin-to-win and backwards locking aren't broken, no way...neither is the field-of-view increase you get, and being able to lock onto enemies easily while dodging (forwards, backwards, side-to-side)...

No, nothing wrong there. Nothing at all...

Like balls said just spinning will get you killed fast by anyone who has a clue what there doing.

Flying the CAF mode and being good at it is one thing.Use it dominate with it in SH and than say how easy it is.

Yes, they may be some exploits after you reach a certain level,and I could say the same about AF..CALI.smartest move, can dodge all day long against me and many others.

Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f photo Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f-1_zps1e55fc20.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii bowling : dream 4 Arvada 2 GG Arvada

Wii tennis : dream 3 Stash 1 GG that last shot rite on the line.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 79 (154 Views)
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Saying spin to win doesn't affect us CAF pilots phoenix because we all know what dream said....wiggle wiggle. And again if you think that's all a GOOD CAF pilot does then you're playing with the wrong people. Spinning alone won't do shiet to get you pick ups or go on the attack.

Not being hit anyway?! Seriously? You're good Phoenix but you're not half as good as you think you are. I've personally been behind you more than a few times and seen you have to use shield. Not to mention its the first place you run when you get up. Seen that in your own video.

Backwards lock. Its a trade off. You can fly the same with the torpedo as you do without it. We have next to no control once we engage it and like I always hear you say you have 500+ torpedo kills so should I witch and moan because I can't do that? Hell I've never killed 7 hawks at once with flak.

Oh and unless there's some secret trick I've not been told about you can't lock a homer on backwards. Pretty sure that was WH.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 79 (153 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

Actually, the first thing I go after is the Torpedo, then the Clusters and Shield (and I pick up everything else on the way). Why? So enemies can't get it.

Oh, wait...that can't be right...no CAF pilot would ever dream of using either of those! Especially not the Clusters or Torp...no, they HATE A2G...they hate it so much they want the flight ceiling lowered so its harder to do!

EDIT: And I know several pilots who can backwards lock without trying in SH...some of whom are AF pilots...so yeah...nice try, but oh well...

One more thing...I'd expect any of you WH "vets" to be better pilots then me. Why? I don't know...<70 hours in the air vs 500+ hours in the air? 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 79 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47532 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 79 (141 Views)
Gaming Beast
2176 posts

Nov 25, 2012

I rarely use the torpedo I see some one pick it up on the other team I just follow and kill them, Like balls was saying no control and with the flak turrets everywhere I don't bother not woth it unless they are few turrets. I can do more damage with Flak.

AF BL exploit that was a secret that that flight mode was being hush,hush I have already heard about it.No I don't know any CAF pilot that can do it with a homer and I don't see what good it would do anyway unless it's some new guy floating behind you.

Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f photo Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f-1_zps1e55fc20.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii bowling : dream 4 Arvada 2 GG Arvada

Wii tennis : dream 3 Stash 1 GG that last shot rite on the line.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 79 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Back lock with flak sure. Homers no.

I'm not talking about the start of a round.

Everyone goes for what you just said when the round starts. Difference is I go for shield so people like you can't get it. Then I put it on fly over some beam turrets and steal it again. :smileyhappy:

Bottom line is CAF is easier to dodge with but harder to control. If you don't get that control then regardless you're done and that takes skill and time. AF can maneuver way better and has a way sharper turn if you know how to do it.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 79 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

Oh **** I almost forgot dream the AF homer glitch. Ask around. You'll find out and its not possible (yet) with CAF.

If you don't know what I'm talking about.....Ever been hit with a homer from across the map that you couldn't get away from?.....yea.

Edit: profanity

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 79 (131 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

So much hostility....

Anyways: I'd like to think of myself of a more balanced player, able to switch off between air and ground, but something weird happened after 1.04––For the first time my ground proficiency went higher than my air. I think it's due to having less time to play, and the ground being a lot more fun post-1.04 (DM and stuff).

Oh yeah, going back to the thread, while I guess I've been becoming more of a "ground" player recently, I was getting pretty good in the air pre-1.04 using AF. I never used the AF "wiggle", because well I didn't really fly in WH and the "wiggle" felt too weird. I just tried to never go in a straight line, throw in some "canned-dodges", and use both analog sticks to turn (a lot) and it seemed to work pretty good. At one point I was able to dodge most of the homers.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 79 (122 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

I'm sorry but i don't believe people when they say they can just pick up CAF and be good with it. Have killed many pilots who liked to say how easy CAF is. Sure it might be easier to dodge **bleep** but doesn't mean you are getting more kills then you would if you flew AF. Pointlessly spinning around dodging doesn't accomplish anything if you can't be offensive while doing it. 

Only a limited people have mastered CAF like a lot of people seem to claim on these forums. Even fewer are any good without sheild.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 79 (117 Views)