Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Re: Couple Of Quick Notes Regarding the Air Game in Starhawk.

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

Briefly:

Most of the 'vets' that lobbied for the return of NF/CAF expected and advised the dodging be more difficult and the camera breaking be fixed.

Instead, they just copy pasta'd the code and didn't fix any of the problem inherent with WH's NF.  :smileyindifferent:

But they made sure we can't hawk joust... because - y'know - EVERYONE complained about that.

Just more fixing what ain't broke, and being too lazy or incompetent to fix what is.

Message 31 of 39 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Nov 5, 2012

I disagree with everything in general.

Message 32 of 39 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Nov 5, 2012

I disagree that you are really that disagreeable.

Message 33 of 39 (138 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Nov 5, 2012
This is how I solved the air combat problems. Took out Starhawk, threw it outside the window(went back to get it). After that I put in Warhawk. Solved my air combat problems ^_^.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 34 of 39 (129 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Nov 5, 2012

ITSTIMETOGOPRIME wrote:
This is how I solved the air combat problems. Took out Starhawk, threw it outside the window(went back to get it). After that I put in Warhawk. Solved my air combat problems ^_^.

Why did you go back to get it?:smileytongue:

Message 35 of 39 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Nov 5, 2012
whenever we asked for missile adjustments, they made small changes to the delay time, so small they assured us that it wasn't even noticeable. bunch of geniuses over there at lightbox.
Message 36 of 39 (109 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Agreed, especially about the shield and gatekeeper.

The shield in general is unbalanced.  New pilots are not going to use it to their advantage against better pilots, because better pilots will already have the air, and have the pick-ups.  It's another one of those things that makes it harder for newbies to succesfully kill anything in the air.

The game also suffers from having no thought behind where the weapon pick-ups are around the map (some maps are ok, other's mind numbingly bad).  It seems LBI had no clue how to setup the air game.  They were trying to copy and paste Warhawk's flight into Starhawk, but without an understanding of how the game actually works or plays.  How did we expect these guys to design and balance a game that they don't understand?  I'm guessing the guys at LBI were about as good in the air as the worst player you can imagine.  Yet these guys were calling the shots about balance... meh

Anyways, Starhawk is stuck the way it is.  With a slim chance of 1 more future update... maybe

Message 37 of 39 (85 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Nov 5, 2012

CHAMMOND wrote:
whenever we asked for missile adjustments, they made small changes to the delay time, so small they assured us that it wasn't even noticeable. bunch of geniuses over there at lightbox.

My first realization that the guys at LBI had no clue what was goign on , was right after release,. Their "fix" to improve the homers everyone was compalining about, was to raise the damage from 50% to 75%... (sounds good no?) but then also make the homers SLOWER and EASIER to dodge than they were in the beta....  1 wiggle, or a canned doge shook them off.  It was near impossible to get a hit with a homer at release.  So the change ended up only punishing the most inexperienced pilots, people who were getting up in the air for the first time.  Everyone else didn't even bother using homers, they weren't worth the time it took to fly towards the pick-up.  Homers were like the pistol, it was a joke weapon you'd use for laughs.

After that "fix" I started to realize all the people complaining during the Beta were right, and LBI really had no clue what they were doing.

Message 38 of 39 (75 Views)
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

The whole point is that these guys never ever understood what made the Warhawk base love that game. They were oblivious to it all even though we had many of the leading guys right there telling them for months that this wasn't going to end well. All they could see was more popularity and streamlined options and easy mode flight (tho we told them unless you teach these kids to fly it will never work the vets will simply dominate your awful flight mode even more) and somewhere in their hipster world they thought what they were doing was going to resonate well.

People like this don't deserve jobs and studios making bank. It sickens me to think these idiots got paid good money for three years to ruin a franchise. The shield was just another idiotic attempt at streamlining flight so noobs could have fun too. Bunch of talentless hacks with absolutely no vision.

Seriously, Sony deserves all the criticism it has gotten. Their company is run by a bunch of monkeys on one end and geniuses on the other. I hope they get their **** together because they will at some point run out of franchises to ruin online.

Message 39 of 39 (65 Views)