Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 28 2012
By: Arron_Rift Uncharted Territory 1307 posts

{Community Survey} Do we like Teamwork?

6 replies 125 views Edited Sep 28, 2012

Hello everyone.

This varies from game to game, so I thought I'd make a survey: Do you want teamwork and cooperation between players in Starhawk, or would you prefer for Starhawk to be a game where everyone acts independently and more or less does their own thing? Would we like LBI to add optional features and mechanisms to encourage players to do either of these more often?

(You can go ahead and answer this in the comments)

I ask because I recently posted two ideas that aim to boost teamwork (Wingman and Command Tower) but people didn't seem too eager to encourage such things.

I find this game much more fun when even just a few people travel together and act like a squad of sorts. Something's just inherently cool about running alongside a tank or two in my mech while a jeep speeds past as we all go off the swarm an enemy base. I still remember one moment back in the Beta where an enemy was running off with our flag on a sidewinder, and apparently half my team decided to try and stop him. I was chasing after him in my sidewinder with other sidewinders alongside me as two hawks swooped back and forth through the air with their machine guns blaring. This was one of the first moments that I just sat back with a smile and thought "...This game is AWESOME..."

I'm wondering how many people share my sentiment, or how many of you prefer something else.

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 7 (125 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Re: {Community Survey} Do we like Teamwork?

Sep 28, 2012

it's nice when everybody's on the same page, but I like it to happen organically, more than a forced mechanism of the game.  more team work will happen, the longer this game is out and certain strategies become standardized(where everybody knows what needs to be done). that's why i loved zones in warhawk, you could always jump in solo &  play w/ people that were employing the same strategies. same thing is happening in starhawk, just fresherer.  

Message 2 of 7 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1026 posts

Sep 28, 2012

I think it would work best for something to be useful for the individual, but has greater potential when used with teammates. Let me give you two examples of this:

http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/archives/images/2008/08/warhawk_apcs_from_ign.pnghttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmbjUyWBk1WDlquk718X57z6JGfWtbiN_lcKfdeaKq-iYOx3ei-Q

Also what he said: as players are learning the game, they will start working together naturally in order to accomplish their goals.

I'm a possum. I'm usually a nice possum, but if you show up just to spite the game, boast, or try to get the game catered to you, be warned: I bite. Have a nice day!
Message 3 of 7 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Sep 28, 2012
I have that APC picture as a wallpaper,nuke.

As for teamwork, i love the expierience. This is the main reason i love to play Assult, Zones, and Gatekeeper. Because these games can be played with teamwork. And with these game modes, there is a natural team based gameplay that, eventhough a player might be playing solo, they encounter their team and the team becomes one.
Message 4 of 7 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

I personally think teamwork idea gets overblown.  There is no way to have truly organized assaults in multiplayer online game where half the players are 8 years old and the other half are high.  

At best, you have a group of players who understand the objective and recognize patterns or situations when something in particular should be done.  For example, they have our flag, we need to all try to kill this guy and return our flag. If several pilots go after the flag runner and kill him then land and return the flag, that is team work in my opinion.  Or if a player is on foot with the flag and someone picks him up or drops a sidewinder for him, that is teamwork.  Beyond that, teamwork (e.g., a strategic assault of torpedos and clusters, followed by ground forces infiltrating the enemy base to take out the enemy turrets and establish a spawn point, followed by the building of a sidewinder by one player while another rushes the flag) just doesn't seem to happen.  

Photobucket
Message 5 of 7 (77 Views)
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Sep 28, 2012

I like the team work but more in small squads as opposed to an entire team that way a single hawk can't torpedo you or closter bomb you all.

Message 6 of 7 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Team work is good.!
THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 7 of 7 (64 Views)
0 Likes