Feb 17 2012
By: Blue6Max Wastelander 911 posts

Collection game mode?

11 replies 5 views Edited Feb 17, 2012

Collections was my and many of my friends' favorite game mode. It makes perfect sense to have it for Starhawk, because in Warhawk it was about collecting energy and Starhawk is all about rift energy. Collections promoted a great deal of team work, and you did not have to dominate the air, but hold your own to win a match. The teams that ignored the ground game usaually lost the match. Everyone could play a roll in collection, and you all were an important part in winning the match. So please LBI make sure we have a collection mode to play, like the very popular server we had in Warhawk. This mode is the reason the SUGA clan was formed. Markjayw even had a great time in this server, and RMT gained his fame here.

blue6maxeucadian.jpg

Message 1 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Re: Collection game mode?

Feb 17, 2012

So true.  I've been playing collections with prox-mines just to get my fix!

These two small maps even have serious collections possibilities.  Thx

for bringing it up... some of the best WH times ever.

Message 2 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2124 posts

Feb 17, 2012

agreed. Definitely the most original well implemented game mode in Warhawk that should definitely be brought back

Message 3 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3595 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Yeah, one would think the rift energy background scenario would provide a good setting for the mode, and seeing as it was such a original mode, it would make sense to put it in Starhawk from the get go. Warhawk had Zones initially setting it apart from other games but Starhawk should have a Collection mode to make it distinguishable among online shooters.

Also, Blue6max really is one of the most notable Collection players. I know i loved the mode too, but even if Zones was always my thing, when i did find a good Collection server going, i'd hop in it and have a ton of fun. The game surely flowed in a completely different way, i noticed that in kills, score and behavior. Skill aside, i know i was at some point in the top 30 Collection players.

So yeah, bring it! I'll play it after i get a chance at Starhawk Zones. Don't let me down, Lightbox, if Zones sucks i won't be responsible for my actions.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Collection would be fun to play. Bring back all game modes from warhawk plus some new ones never seen before.

GIfreakyevil
Message 5 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Feb 17, 2012

While on the topic of game modes i have an idea for a brand new game mode.

Rift energy is an important part of the life on the Space Frontier. Rifters seek to use it as a power source, and Outcast seek to protect and praise it.

Rifters begin to find a way to extract rift energy and then some become exposed turning into the mutant outcast that in turn try to drive the rifters out of planets and away from the rift energy.

The Rift Wars start.

Rift War

Each team owns a Rift Collector in which has massive ammount of health. These Rift Collectors are the objective.

Rifters seek to destroy the Outcast Rift Collector, while Outcast seek to destroy the Rifters collectors. Each team must defend the Rifter and destroy the others Rifter. Rifters can be repaired via repair tools, but it takes time.

Bases will spring up around the Rifters in hopes of defence.

And so goes the Rift War that would continue for years.

imagesCA3ZL1OM.jpg

Message 6 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3595 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I think that actually a mode based upon destroying the enemy's rift extractor in the main base would work well. Of course it would need to take a great amount of damage and maybe it could have a permanent shield that you could disable for a few moments, but it should be fun.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2778 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I played the role of victim in Collection, but I would love to play that role again.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3595 posts

Feb 17, 2012

menso1981 wrote:

I played the role of victim in Collection, but I would love to play that role again.

Mag

Haha, i actually remember your role in Collection. You sacrificed a lot by trying to carry the cores at all times.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Feb 17, 2012

http://randomoverload.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/afd546fa68t-that.jpg.jpg

More modes the better

Message 10 of 12 (5 Views)
0 Likes