Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Re: CAF dodging should be nerfed

Sep 26, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

RandmJOSH wrote:

I've killed him and can hit him with a homer but then i give up when uses the shield because its too much work.

I can kill him too, but he generally beats me still.  And yes I don't bother chasing him or any other CAf pilot either, except bus_driver...it's personal :smileytongue:

My first kill of last evening was hitting IRRES169 with a drop pod. GG

http://www.youtube.com/xSuperCargo
Message 81 of 212 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Sep 26, 2012

glad I could help.  :smileylol:

Those servers last night were all pretty chaotic though, seems like too many people for those game types, especially the troop DM.

I played the same maps in the morning with like 6 people and it was more fun, because you actually had to work, it wasn't just turn and shoot and hit someone.

Message 82 of 212 (121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Sep 26, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

glad I could help.  :smileylol:

Those servers last night were all pretty chaotic though, seems like too many people for those game types, especially the troop DM.

I played the same maps in the morning with like 6 people and it was more fun, because you actually had to work, it wasn't just turn and shoot and hit someone.

fr srs. Yea it was so hectic I didn't even know what was going on half the time. It will get a bit more reasonable in a week I suspect.

http://www.youtube.com/xSuperCargo
Message 83 of 212 (115 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Sep 26, 2012

BellyRanks wrote:

ArVaDa- wrote:

BellyRanks wrote:

Time to break out the wall-o-text:

Firstly:

KaptainEpik, I use AF cause that is what I have gotten used to and enjoy flying ever since Warhawk. and with the 400 hours flown in both games combined its a bit too late to go back now though I do have many a tutor who could help that being said, its no so much as the flight mode itself being OP, its the missile mechanics that make it seem that way. Its plain and simple that in CAF you can dodge while keeping on target while AF you can't, those few fractions of second make a major difference. And with missiles generally taking quite a bit of effort to dodge whoever can break the lock faster and get back to maneuvering will win.

ArVaDa-, I'm not special I'm an average AF pilot there are tons of guys way better than me, even so I've flown against you what once? Cali once and I think sora once. 2 being full DF servers and one in a TDM game(TDM was sora I believe, another HELZ dude was there forgot his name). DF is all about sidebusting in this game, rarely does individual skill come into play unless you are showing your ability to fly outnumbered ASSUMING you are being targeted, which all rolls back to how easily can you dodge missiles. My skill isn't even a big deal for Starhawk I rarely play it, I only know the basics and when I do log onto to play it is to share what little knowledge I have with others, hence my flight school. That being said my knowledge does derive from Warhawk and the flight though vastly similar has quite a few key differences, so even what I do know the guys I do help get better than I do, due to practice. So being good in Starhawk isn't a thing that bothers me, my rep for being good mainly comes from Warhawk if you actually note the people who say it minus the few SH pilots still in training wheels who think I'm good due to my teaching.
And here we go: that was a DF server ArVaDa- sidebusting aka attacking someone who isn't even engaged with you reigns supreme. The fact you rant on about homers hitting me is retarded half way across the map or not in a DF my priority isn't to shake everything its to get kills I'll gladly take a homer and die if I know it will land me a kill, CTF is a whole different story, but even so I play the game on average 4 hours a month at max, so guys like you better have a better mastery of SH's flight than I do, I'm not even lvl 50, I'm only 40 atm just to show how much pracitce opposed to guys like you I am lacking.. But go on to brag about your 430 hours in noobhawk, cause when people like Emi can say he's one of the best and has a line of people following him? There is a problem somewhere.
As for a 1v1 with Cali, eh I would but I don't like 1v1's, and 1v1's aren't a good test of pilot skill as it handles 1v1 competence as opposed to flying in a team game, which is what is going to be the air situation the heavy majority of the time, much less on SH, I'd do one on warhawk but nobody wants to play that old game, much less to hear anything of it, as per your post.

flak_driver68
That's the case, it usually moves from the main point of the topic at hand and onto "How Good Are You", My main gripe is simply that the missile mechanics make CAF seem OP, CAF itself isn't what made it OP in warhawk and early Beta has been long fixed, I've personally only had a real problem with CAF since the big missile patch, the air game prior to that path was fine by me, despite it being flak to win.

Enthusiast

lol please, dude wasn't even adressing the topic at hand he loses the debate by default :smileyhappy:

And lastly IRRES

That's what happens when you come on PSU to incite reactions out of people, turns into a crap storm and sooner or later lulz to be had.

I don't really even care who is better then who in starhawk. I just am getting sick and tired of people ranting on about why this game is so bad and bashing anyone who actually enjoys this game. The way you talk and word things makes it really easy for me to conclude that you think you are anything but a mediocre pilot. You started the attack on me, remember that (go back to your original post directed at me.) All i said is there are a handful of pilots that are better then the rest, I know who they are and they know me; whether you like it or not there is a difference in skill in this "noobahawk" that seperate the "elite pilots and ground guys" from the rest." I guess that pisses you off because you think the air game is broken, which I can totally understand. What i don't understand is i've had more then a couple people tell me how the air game is just as bad in warhawk (backwords lockons, lightning gun spam, etc.) and even moreso people told me it is easier to dodge missiles in warhawk then starhawk. I don't know if all that is true but these are just things that i've heard from warhawk veterans in my clan and across the community. Why you got so touchy because I mentioned that there are elite pilots in this game.. well i don't know. 

Look I've got nothing personal against you but I've played with you more than once and each time I was a little disappointed for the lack of challenge. Darksora also said the same thing that he had expected you to be a complete beast due to how you word things on the forums and make it appear that you think you are the best pilot in the game. You also confused me a little bit: first you say DF is all about sidebusting so that doesn't take skill, then you say 1 v 1's arent the best gauge of skill either so how in the hell are we suppose to compare skill levels, playing zones?

Anyways I returned the favor sense you gave me a wall of text to read through. 

Cause the flight in this game is easy far easier, anyone who put enough hours up in Warhawk will say it. And its like a slap to the face when one says there are elitle pilots in this game, when the heavy majority of the best pilots don't play this anymore. And they guys who are "good" contains guys like Emi. That is laughable. And my post wasn't directed at you either, if you felt it applied to you, I don't know and I don't care. It is what it is and anyone worth a dang knows it, hence why its still Flak to win in the air game. Warhawks flight with CAF aka NF pilots was really bad, but it wasn't spin to win you could hit with missiles if they were close enough and shot at certain angles. The backlock was less than what people make it out to be, all it really is getting a lockon and fly backwards using the NF camera while holding the lock and when the time was right just flip back and release, it was easy to notice a back locker and are one of the easiet pilots to deal with once you know they do it. The only real nasty one was Extended range lightening gun, that was retarded. And even so was easy to detect. The gripes about warhawk flight most times are hilarious, when the best pilots in the game didn't use any of those. And even with AF, sure the skill transfers over to an extent, but AF is limited compared to PF of warhawk, so you won't be doing as good as you did there regardless. Guys like Freaky can fly 8v1 over there against good pilots, but once it gets to two hawks in this game not happening. That's why it sounds like I know how to fly, but with the dumbed down Starhawk flight can't do most of what I could, or any AF for that matter.

When you played me it was a learning server, I have no inclination to try especially considering there isn't anyone in my Starhawk servers who I want to go full on against, save for FinalBreak in our pre game before the room got full, cause he wanted to 1v1 me for some time. I have no need to go try hard in a server like that, half the time I grab air mines only just to see if I can rack up air mine kills, or target flak_driver :smileyhappy:. Even my ground maps for breaks I encourage TKing then to be serious. You clearly do not know how CCX rolls, never ever serious, all for the lulz.

darksora now, I was flying 3v1 and 4v1, none of my team wouldn't get in the air on Collider, can't remember the host. Sure I could shake missles all day, but that doesn't kill any of the hawks. Half the time couldn't get any weapon pickups with 3 hawks flying over base at al times. Think there was another HELZ guy there, but forgot his name he was a silver star if I remember right. So its nice to know you can discern someones skill by basically spawn killing with the air advantage. But that didn't bother me, I don't think I managed to kill sora he didn't die the whole game, cause he was flying like Emi scrubbing all your missiles and would fire missiles and flip half way across the map to not get in close. But I did manage to kill the other HELZ dude and the 3rd pilot a bit, and I had a 0.6(think I went 7 and 12? or was it 7 and 15? can't remember) kdr in that base rape of a game. But this was over a month ago, and I haven't played since then, and don't plan to as I plan to polish up my skills in warhawk as I go for general, still have 1 year or so of playing to reach it. And by that time, I'll hope LBI does something about the flight in this game.

Alright well I guess the only real thing I'm trying to say is that there are people who like this game and people like me who like to fly in this game. I know the air isn't perfect, I'd be a moron if I thought it was, I'm just saying that you shouldn't call people trash in this game beause they fly a certain flight mode. I also know there are a lot of warhawk pros who don't play starhawk because they simply didn't like it. The point is that there are pilots and ground guys who find enjoyment out of this game and stuck with it, through all its flaws, and have gotten good at THIS game. Whether you think that is meaningless or not it is what I think and we are both entitled to our own opinions. 

Message 84 of 212 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Sep 26, 2012

EzraMajor wrote:
^I think you miss the point. You're right though, it doesn't matter till someone fires a missile, then AF pilots have to move at the speed on light to scrub, CAF just does a little wiggle and a spin and they're out of it

I think the issue with you guys, is how you make it seem impossible to dodge in AF, when both flight mode dodging systems can be just as good. You guys need more practice, basically.

Message 85 of 212 (101 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Sep 26, 2012
It's the fact that CAF can spin constantly while aiming still, basically.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 86 of 212 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Because in AF you can't? How the hell do you guys dodge?

Message 87 of 212 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Sep 26, 2012

KaptainEpik wrote:

EzraMajor wrote:
^I think you miss the point. You're right though, it doesn't matter till someone fires a missile, then AF pilots have to move at the speed on light to scrub, CAF just does a little wiggle and a spin and they're out of it

I think the issue with you guys, is how you make it seem impossible to dodge in AF, when both flight mode dodging systems can be just as good. You guys need more practice, basically.

Dodging is EASY!!! I can get all the gatekeeper gates with no shield and homers on my a$$ and it still isnt hard to dodge. BUT there is no way in hell that i could attack while doing this, whereas CAF can attack. Theres the flaw.

Message 88 of 212 (94 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Sep 26, 2012
If your camera was forced behind your hawk while dodging this wouldn't be an issue. You can lock on to things your hawk isn't facing. They could keep the horizon steady while forcing your camera to the hawks backside each time you spin, that would be balance. But the fact that you can spin and lock at the same time is ridiculous.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 89 of 212 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Patoman4 wrote:

KaptainEpik wrote:

EzraMajor wrote:

Dodging is EASY!!! I can get all the gatekeeper gates with no shield and homers on my a$$ and it still isnt hard to dodge. BUT there is no way in hell that i could attack while doing this, whereas CAF can attack. Theres the flaw.

I just don't get it. I'm probably sounding like a total **bleep** here but I'm just not grasping your concepts. Unless you're playing with only the index fingers for the shoulder buttons, dodging while attacking in AF should be very easy, since you stay on track while dodging.

Message 90 of 212 (83 Views)
0 Likes