Splicer
88 posts

Re: Bunker needs wall connecters

Oct 9, 2012

I can definitely get on board with this idea and the idea to make walls taller. I'm more for making walls higher because as it is, they don't do their job of successfully keeping people out. All they do is encourage the enemy to use other vehicles to just jump over the wall. It's one thing for the enemy to have to go through the wall, but it something completely different when they can just effortlessly go over the wall with a sidewinder or grizzly.

Message 11 of 28 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9534 posts

Oct 9, 2012

CyVirus wrote:
Walls feel kinda useless right now cause of the grizzley can jump over them and the SW can jump over them.

How high would you need to make them so Hawks and jetpacks cant get over them?

Really the only thing walls stop is troops that have no rift and razorbacks.  Tanks chew them down in 2 seconds.

Troops with rift can build to get over the walls or use grinders, etc.

For me walls are to slow down flag runners, and make cover to survive dive bombing clusters/flak, etc.

They do their job well, but I would not mind some upgradability.  I suggest they allow us to stack walls on top of each other.

And place roofs on top of areas enclosed by walls, and it would be nice to be able to connect walls to bunkers again like we did in the beta.  The whole room to build thing should only apply to turrets and vehicle depots.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 12 of 28 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9534 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Certified-Ebo wrote:

I can definitely get on board with this idea and the idea to make walls taller. I'm more for making walls higher because as it is, they don't do their job of successfully keeping people out. All they do is encourage the enemy to use other vehicles to just jump over the wall. It's one thing for the enemy to have to go through the wall, but it something completely different when they can just effortlessly go over the wall with a sidewinder or grizzly.

So its ok to destroy a wall in two hits with a tank, but not for other vehicles to go over it?

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 13 of 28 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Phillyblunz wrote:
For me walls are to slow down flag runners, and make cover to survive dive bombing clusters/flak, etc.

As it is now, with sidewinders and grizzlies, walls do nothing to even slow down the flagrunners. It makes sense for a tank to bust through a concrete wall with two shots - it's a friggin' tank. All I'm asking is that walls be slightly tall to prevent wall jumpers with sidewinders and grizzlies. Those two vehicles don't even jump that high, but it's enough to go over a wall with no worry.

I've literally made a run to a base in CTF and upon seeing the walls surrounding the base, I laughed and jumped over the wall, grabbed the flag, and jumped back out in less than a half minute. 

Message 14 of 28 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9534 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Certified-Ebo wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

As it is now, with sidewinders and grizzlies, walls do nothing to even slow down the flagrunners. It makes sense for a tank to bust through a concrete wall with two shots - it's a friggin' tank. All I'm asking is that walls be slightly tall to prevent wall jumpers with sidewinders and grizzlies. Those two vehicles don't even jump that high, but it's enough to go over a wall with no worry.

I've literally made a run to a base in CTF and upon seeing the walls surrounding the base, I laughed and jumped over the wall, grabbed the flag, and jumped back out in less than a half minute. 

But then you need to make it high enough that hawk mechs can not jump over it too.

Also remember the pod shooter?  It makes the entire map useless in CTF, especially in small maps.

I think a new loadout is required if you want a no way over walls CTF match.

-It would be only troops and razorbacks.  No grinders/hawk/tanks/grizzlies/JP's/MAW's/SW's/pod shooters/repair tools or grenades.

the only way past a wall would be to build something.  I'm pretty sure I would not play this loadout ever though, except maybe race servers.

I'm not against taller walls(Or my solution of stacking walls on top of each other), but I realise there are a hundred ways to get over a wall, so jumping over seems like a fine option to me.  At least the team gets to keep their cover and you dont need to reduce their base to ashes everytime you do a flag run.

People dont want their bases demolished 20 times per round, going around/over walls prevents this.

The only time I see bases getting completely destroyed now is from dive bombing torps and clusters, and its not based on strategy or the objective, its just easy kills and points.

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Message 15 of 28 (93 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Oct 9, 2012

CyVirus wrote:
Also make the walls a bit higher.

No thanks, I like being able to jump walls with a bike.

Wall connectors on bunkers would be nice though. +1

http://www.youtube.com/xSuperCargo
Message 16 of 28 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 9, 2012

SuperCargo- wrote:

No thanks, I like being able to jump walls with a bike.

You don't even need a bike, when the walls are on a slope you can just jump right over the connectors. 

This is my signature, FEAR IT!
Message 17 of 28 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1319 posts

Oct 9, 2012

well I mentioned this in another thread yestrday but I`ll repeat (sorry for sounding like a broken record). bunkers and towers should have wall connectors aswell as the pod cannon.

Message 18 of 28 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Walls have become a lot less useful, yet they aren't being used any less. They still work well as a means to hide mines and turrets from anyone trying to rush the flag, and they are good at protecting you against people and vehicles that are far away, but walls are no longer a means to physically restrict someone from your base, which may not be a bad thing.

We don't want anything that makes the enemy just turn around and leave, you want them to come to you so you can kill them easily.

Bunkers have also lost their use since all weapons can be picked up, and rocket launchers are everywhere now. I wrote in another thread that we should either combine the bunker with the outpost or add a heavy machine gun (like from the Razor Back) to the inside or top of the bunker. Wall connectors however would also add to the bunker's defensive power as it is much harder to just circle a wider bunker.

Message 19 of 28 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Oct 10, 2012
I use walls to place mini turrets and connect big turrets
Message 20 of 28 (53 Views)
0 Likes