Jun 02 2012
By: survbigc Sackboy 500 posts

Bruiser Perk Is Out of Control

37 replies 198 views Edited Jun 2, 2012

In nearly every game I've been in lately, a large proportion of players were doing nothing more than as follows:

1. Get in Hawk or sidewinder
  2. Fly/Ride fast as possible into enemy base
  3. Hack, Hack, Hack, Hack, Hack... Do more damage than pre-nerf clusters, torpedo, tank ever have.
  4. Mech/tank tries to take care of you?  Hack. Problem solved.
  5. At some point (usually after there is nowhere else to hide because you've destroyed every building) get killed
  6. Repeat

Hurry up with that fix, LB.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 38 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1781 posts

Re: Bruiser Perk Is Out of Control

Jun 2, 2012

If they make it too weak it would be easier to be base ravaged..

thr isn't much need fr balancing.. in my opinion.. i think they should

jst not allow a playr to see what is in the enemies base.. thn it would nt be

so easy for bruisers to come into the base..

What I hate is how sometimes I have to stomp on someone 4 times

with a starhawk jst to kill them whn thr on foot.. its a real annoyin glitch

but i look like  an @$ss sittin thr goin in a circle stompin .. like thr was

a sombrero on the ground ya knw...

I'm on Twitter

Check it
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 38 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
500 posts

Jun 2, 2012

EkuquoL wrote:

No.  It is not the solution to base ravaging.  As discussed ad nauseum in other posts, it needs to either be taken out of the game or made to be a "spawn-with grinder" perk.  As I mentioned in my OP, it is being heavily abused and needs to be fixed in the next update.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 38 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Jun 2, 2012

No.  It is not the solution to base ravaging.  As discussed ad nauseum in other posts, it needs to either be taken out of the game or made to be a "spawn-with grinder" perk.  As I mentioned in my OP, it is being heavily abused and needs to be fixed in the next update.

exactly... i dont see the reason it was implemented anyway.... they have made a cool weapon like the grinder and fok it up with an silly skill that is a lot stronger....

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 38 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jun 2, 2012

i agree with captain hatemail, it's ridonculous.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 38 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 2, 2012

I liked the bruiser perk when tanks were still able to target infantry from a million miles away and kill with one near hit, but with the current changes to tank damage versus infantry, I think bruiser spawning with the grinder is a great solution - as long as there is ammo available or ammo slowly recharges once it's used up. With the lower cost of outposts, a guy with a grinder could be a true asset to the team!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 38 (198 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46811 posts

Jun 2, 2012

survbigc wrote:

EkuquoL wrote:

The more time goes on the more I like this idea as a "solution" to the current bruiser situation.  Nothing worse than getting base stomped and having the base stompers decide to use the bruiser to finish off whatever you might struggle to build.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 38 (198 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46811 posts

Jun 2, 2012

Squirrel_bane wrote:

I liked the bruiser perk when tanks were still able to target infantry from a million miles away and kill with one near hit, but with the current changes to tank damage versus infantry, I think bruiser spawning with the grinder is a great solution - as long as there is ammo available or ammo slowly recharges once it's used up. With the lower cost of outposts, a guy with a grinder could be a true asset to the team!

and maybe it starts working faster, possibly instantly

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 38 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

Buncha of **** ******* the game up and took the bruiser perk away. You guys are just whiny sissies with zero skills. This game has lost its dynamics that's why they're practically giving it away on the network. I'm **bleep** I've been mastering my bruiser technique since beta

Edit: profanity removed

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 38 (183 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1026 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

NhaleZalez wrote:
Buncha of **** **** the game up and took the bruiser perk away. You guys are just whiny sissies with zero skills. This game has lost its dynamics that's why they're practically giving it away on the network. I'm **bleep** I've been mastering my bruiser technique since beta
Edit: profanity removed

Wait, so pressing R3 to destroy everything takes skill?

I'm a possum. I'm usually a nice possum, but if you show up just to spite the game, boast, or try to get the game catered to you, be warned: I bite. Have a nice day!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 38 (173 Views)