Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 03 2012
By: legggo First Son 21 posts

Basic things I think are wrong with this game.

17 replies 251 views Edited Aug 3, 2012

Ok hope LBI_Pete reads this.

Basic issues I think need sorting.

1: Take away the red triangle above players heads and replace with the players names, visible from any distance.
2: Players names only visible when player is active.
3: Players characters are too small, moving just a few steps away and they shrink in size too much.
4: Increase the radius of the mini map view.
5: Move large map view from centre of screen.
6: Take away skillscore on players leaderboard and base it on wins/KDR.
7: Same with clan leaderboard, also make it so there is a min amount of players in a clan before the clan shows on the clan leaderboard.
8: Take away enemies circle target when in a hawk.
9: Show players ping.
10: Show time remaining in a game before you join.
11: Find a way to stop clan stacking.
12: Build a basic map wheres theres only one route in and out on the ground, simular Northern Bridge in WH.
13. A skill should not be needed just to collect rift, all players should be collecting rift automatically, this would help new players.

Message 1 of 18 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Re: Basic things I think are wrong with this game.

Aug 3, 2012

legggo wrote:

1: Take away the red triangle above players heads and replace with the players names, visible from any distance.  I don't think this will float, there's too much junk on the screen already and LBI has expressed a desire to keep it clean.
2: Players names only visible when player is active.  Not sure what this means...

3: Players characters are too small, moving just a few steps away and they shrink in size too much.  Huh?
4: Increase the radius of the mini map view.     OK, I like that.
5: Move large map view from centre of screen.    That too.
6: Take away skillscore on players leaderboard and base it on wins/KDR.  Don't care about leaderboards, skillscores or anything else related to it.  I want a "Fun Meter" that allows me to change it to show the world how much fun I'm having at a given moment.
7: Same with clan leaderboard, also make it so there is a min amount of players in a clan before the clan shows on the clan leaderboard.  Whatever, leaderboards again.
8: Take away enemies circle target when in a hawk.  Probably a good idea once a player reaches a certain level.  At the least, it'd be nice if the circles changed in size based on proximity to the Hawk.
9: Show players ping.  YES!
10: Show time remaining in a game before you join.  OK
11: Find a way to stop clan stacking.  Make it so that players are not allowed to stand on top of each other. :smileywink:
12: Build a basic map wheres theres only one route in and out on the ground, simular Northern Bridge in WH.  No opinion.
13. A skill should not be needed just to collect rift, all players should be collecting rift automatically, this would help new players.  Um, all players already do collect rift any time they stand within a friendly zone or near a friendly outpost, as well as any time they kill an enemy, destroy a structure or destroy barrels.  How much more rift do new players need anyhow?  All they do with it is build walls and auto-turrets.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Message 2 of 18 (240 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Aug 3, 2012

legggo wrote:

1: Take away the red triangle above players heads and replace with the players names, visible from any distance.

Yay Clutter!

Contradiction? 
3: Players characters are too small, moving just a few steps away and they shrink in size too much.

I don't notice this, and it would also clutter the screen more

Maybe

Why?

Heck no! Base on KDR? You want people to Base-Ravage and boost even more?
7: Same with clan leaderboard, also make it so there is a min amount of players in a clan before the clan shows on the clan leaderboard.

The min is good...but the other just needs working on overall

Yes
12: Build a basic map wheres theres only one route in and out on the ground, simular Northern Bridge in WH.

Yay Base-Ravaging!
13. A skill should not be needed just to collect rift, all players should be collecting rift automatically, this would help new players.

Um...you already do that in your base. You do not need to be collecting all the time; imagine the ravaging from that.

Message 3 of 18 (233 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Aug 3, 2012

1: Take away the red triangle above players heads and replace with the players names, visible from any distance.  I don't think this will float, there's too much junk on the screen already and LBI has expressed a desire to keep it clean. I find it critical to have players names visible otherwise it all becomes pointless, all other games i've played have players names visible.
2: Players names only visible when player is active.  Not sure what this means...If a player is standing still, then his name disapears, players name becomes visible if he is running, flying, shooting etc.

3: Players characters are too small, moving just a few steps away and they shrink in size too much.  Huh? Have you noticed how small players are? If you stand next to another player and then move away he shrinks in size to much. Test it, make a player stand next to a amo bunker, then move away from him, the players shrinks but the amo bunker does not...not compared to the player that is.
4: Increase the radius of the mini map view.     OK, I like that. :smileyhappy:
5: Move large map view from centre of screen.    That too.
6: Take away skillscore on players leaderboard and base it on wins/KDR.  Don't care about leaderboards, skillscores or anything else related to it.  I want a "Fun Meter" that allows me to change it to show the world how much fun I'm having at a given moment. Yes I play for fun to, but the skillscore and leaderboards are wrong.
7: Same with clan leaderboard, also make it so there is a min amount of players in a clan before the clan shows on the clan leaderboard.  Whatever, leaderboards again.
8: Take away enemies circle target when in a hawk.  Probably a good idea once a player reaches a certain level.  At the least, it'd be nice if the circles changed in size based on proximity to the Hawk. Agree.
9: Show players ping.  YES!
10: Show time remaining in a game before you join.  OK
11: Find a way to stop clan stacking.  Make it so that players are not allowed to stand on top of each other. :smileywink: lol
12: Build a basic map wheres theres only one route in and out on the ground, simular Northern Bridge in WH.  No opinion.
13. A skill should not be needed just to collect rift, all players should be collecting rift automatically, this would help new players.  Um, all players already do collect rift any time they stand within a friendly zone or near a friendly outpost, as well as any time they kill an enemy, destroy a structure or destroy barrels.  How much more rift do new players need anyhow?  All they do with it is build walls and auto-turrets.

Message 4 of 18 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 3, 2012

I only agree with 9,10 all the rest are never an issue to me, and some of those other issues will be fixed in the new patch I think.

Message 5 of 18 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2068 posts

Aug 3, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

legggo wrote:

Yay Clutter!

Contradiction? 

I don't notice this, and it would also clutter the screen more

Maybe

Why?

Heck no! Base on KDR? You want people to Base-Ravage and boost even more?

The min is good...but the other just needs working on overall

Yes

Yay Base-Ravaging!

Um...you already do that in your base. You do not need to be collecting all the time; imagine the ravaging from that.

How would number 12 cause base ravaging? It wouldnt, one way in one way out, I see your point but unless your team are complete idiots there is no way a Tank could sneak across that valley or bridge. What with all 16 players on your team focused on that one entry point rather than 3 others it would combat base ravaging.

Message 6 of 18 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Braping occurs more often by Hawks than it does by Ox tanks (unless you are spending all your time in Groundpounder matches).  The hardest part of escaping and breaking a brape is the inability to build a Hawk pad and fly away because you can't get enough rift and the enemy keeps breaking them down.  If the dominant team is airborn, there is no such thing as "one way in", but the losing team is still stuck with the "only one way out" problem.  This would make a brape worse - the team is trapped on an island.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Message 7 of 18 (178 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Aug 3, 2012

But Northern Bridge in Warhawk worked, so much so, it was the most popular map, there is far more base raping in this game than in WH. If there were permanent bunkers that troops could hide in, then it would stop alot of base raping.

Message 8 of 18 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Aug 3, 2012

How would that clutter the screen, games like GT5, WH, RDR all have players names visible, why not SH?

Message 9 of 18 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3756 posts

Aug 3, 2012

I think they removed the names so people will stop targeting people. 

Message 10 of 18 (147 Views)
0 Likes