Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
257 posts

Re: BEST GAME ON PS3 = STARHAWK

Aug 14, 2012

EliRootZ wrote:

I just bought Starhawk yesterday after doing extensive research on looking for a new game. I played a couple of hours last night and I **bleep** LOVE THIS GAME is a huge understatement. After doing further research it seems like the developers are on top of meeting the communities needs and its more organized than other games in terms of clan management and tournaments. If I didnt do my own research I probably would of never heard of this game. I guess my point is, this games NEEDS more advertisement, Im sure there would be a hell of a lot more new players and once they see how commited the makers are it makes them want to do the same. Add me to play, elirootz.

It's among there with Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, and Resistance 2.   

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 54 (213 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Aug 15, 2012
The best multiplayer? Hmm...you just may be right. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 54 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Aug 15, 2012
Simply awesome! BB sets it out from the pack by being different and the vehicles are also a great addition. The variety of weapons freely available also make it fun for players of all levels and not just those who are the highest level and can get the best weapons. It is a game for all players and all game play styles.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 54 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9699 posts

Aug 15, 2012
They gave this game good coverage on the playstation blog. But what Sony doesn't realize is the people that go to the playstation blog are playstation die-hard fans anyway. Sony needs to push their games outside the playstation blog where the not-so die-hard in-the-know playstation fans live.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 54 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Aug 15, 2012

Actually I thought this over some, and objectively

if it did not cost $119 a year to play

BEST MP game on ps3 is

DC Universe Online.

That $119 goes towards having those great servers....I just don't want to pay it, I played it for about what 6 months?

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 54 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47334 posts

Aug 15, 2012

cobrafang wrote:
They gave this game good coverage on the playstation blog. But what Sony doesn't realize is the people that go to the playstation blog are playstation die-hard fans anyway. Sony needs to push their games outside the playstation blog where the not-so die-hard in-the-know playstation fans live.

Watch USA @ 9pm central tonight and you will see some advertising, product placement in a show (check the stickied thread)

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 54 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Aug 15, 2012

cobrafang wrote:

Very very true.  I'm not about to make judgement calls on what type of budget Sony has for marketing their games, specifically SH, but as someone who has worked in marketing for 15 years, having to sell out stadiums and arenas with 30,000+ spectators, dvds, games, and tons of merch...THERE HAS TO BE MARKETING!!!  I went ans saw The Dark Knight Rises, and during the trailers, there was a 5min. montage of behind the scenes of the making of the next Halo game.  This is the kinda stuff I'd love to see for these exclusive Playstation games..because they are some of my favorite games of all time...spanning all the way back to the Atari 2600.  But market, market, market!!

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 54 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47334 posts

Aug 15, 2012

jacobdintsv wrote:
Simply awesome! BB sets it out from the pack by being different and the vehicles are also a great addition. The variety of weapons freely available also make it fun for players of all levels and not just those who are the highest level and can get the best weapons. It is a game for all players and all game play styles.

You sound like the level 1 guys who joined my server last night.  I met them with a greeting "Oh man this is your first online game of starhawk, its going to be rough you are playing against a bunch of 100+ hour starhawkers"

About 3 games later I hear the same guys saying "What is wrong with the people who post on the forum, this game is awesome I'm glad I bought it"

So all you negative nancies should feel accomplished, people ready your skullduggery and you have helped hurt LBI! 

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 54 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Aug 18, 2012
Elirootz. Good to have ya. And a good choice. If I can say anything to start off, learn to snap aim, and talk to freakyevil or bus driver bout learning how to fly. I believe they both use different flying styles(one advanced flight and the other uses classic arcade flight) if you need to learn how to snap aim, press the l1 button to zoom your rifle, it will automatically focus on the player if they were in the aiming circle before the zoom. Do not use your aiming stick because it will just move your reticule of your target, so only use your movement stick. Anyway once you press l1 and the reticule focuses on the player, shoot a burst of 3-6 shots depending on how much the player is moving, let go of the l1 button and repeat from the beginning. If you need practice against someone i can teach you, but you would probably need a mic. Good luck and build smart, don't build the same structures that are nearby unless it's turrets or beam cannons, there are exceptions to this rule. Also if you find yourself out in the middle of nowhere, and you build a random structure that you need for the moment, tear it down after youre done. That way you won't use up the 32 limit. Also, prepare to die a lot at the beginning. You'll get used to it. Get to work on that snap aim. I think I'm done haha.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 54 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Aug 18, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

Actually I thought this over some, and objectively

if it did not cost $119 a year to play

BEST MP game on ps3 is

DC Universe Online.

That $119 goes towards having those great servers....I just don't want to pay it, I played it for about what 6 months?

I dunno, isn't that a Free game with Free to play online now?  I know that I'm not PS+ and I downloaded and played it for free.  I didn't like it as much as I wanted to... so I stopped playing it.  Maybe that changed a while ago and now it's pay to play again.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 54 (81 Views)
0 Likes