Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The Final Countdown: ONE WEEK Until Starhawk Launches!

by Starhawk Community Manager ‎05-01-2012 08:46 AM - edited ‎07-11-2012 04:38 PM

What a year it's been! After so many months of anticipation, beta testing, and the tireless work of our friends at LightBox, there's only one week to go until Starhawk launches in North America. That means if you're planning on reserving the GameStop-exclusive Limited Edition, you only have a few days left to get all those extra goodies!

So, now that we're in the final countdown, let's talk about Starhawk's release. Who here has already pre-ordered the game? What are you most looking forward to doing after you pick it up next week? And how are you planning to spend your last Starhawk-free weekend?

After the awesome ride we've been on together, I can't wait to hear about your reactions to the final game! Hold on, just a few more days to go!

Comments
by Treasure Hunter ManlyMisfit on ‎05-01-2012 08:57 AM

HawkStarJay wrote:

So, now that we're in the final countdown, let's talk about Starhawk's release. Who here has already pre-ordered the game? What are you most looking forward to doing after you pick it up next week? And how are you planning to spend your last Starhawk-free weekend?

Who here has already pre-ordered the game? lol, not me.

What are you most looking forward to doing after you pick it up next week? I'm not.

And how are you planning to spend your last Starhawk-free weekend? This weeked I will be Poolside. But every weekend of mine will be "Starhawk-free". Unless I ever need a place to put for my drink. Then I could pick it up, but why would I pay such an outrageous price for a coaster?

by Treasure Hunter ButteredScones Treasure Hunter on ‎05-01-2012 09:08 AM

I didn't pre-order but I am hoping to get after release after hearing friends' reviews.

by Fender Bender Pentex Fender Bender on ‎05-01-2012 09:20 AM

The first thing i'll do next week wil be to spend a great amount of time watching youtube videos for Starhawk. And hopefully it'll answer some of the doubts LBI has been insisting to maintain in the dark.

For example:

Will there be real bases?

How does Zones work?

How is B&B, a purely team-oriented element, to work in DM?

Do we get more build slots?

Are the homing missiles still useless A2A?

Is Flak the same OP crutch that people will use because missiles are so weak?

How is the Grinder? Is it balanced?

Is the pistol useful?

10 maps? Are they really just 5 divided into small and large?

Can we play 32 player matches in small maps?

If not, will we be confined to 5 maps rotation for 32 player servers? Isn't that too little?

Is there a Dogfight mode?

And why is Europe's song playing in my head?!

by Sackboy Cmdr_Firezone38 on ‎05-01-2012 09:38 AM

I pre-ordered it.

The first thing I will do is explore the new MP maps and then I will start playing the SP and then Co-op and then finally the best,MP. So excited about this game.

My last Starhawk free weekend will be playing a lot of Uncharted 3 because I will probably not be playing a whole lot of it after I get Starhawk.

All you guys like ManlyMisfit, Pentex, and a lot of you other bums who are not getting the game and all you do is complain will be very sad.

I love this game. 

by Treasure Hunter batenswytch Treasure Hunter on ‎05-01-2012 09:48 AM

ManlyMisfit wrote:

HawkStarJay wrote:

Who here has already pre-ordered the game? lol, not me.

What are you most looking forward to doing after you pick it up next week? I'm not.

And how are you planning to spend your last Starhawk-free weekend? This weeked I will be Poolside.

Same here. 

Soccer, baseball, fishing, gardening, cook outs, swimming, camping, riding bikes, roller blading, mowing the yard, weedeating, leaf blowing, playing with the dogs and cats, watching the summer sunset, sipping a coldbeer, soaking away a day's hard work in the jacuzzi, sooooo much to do this time of year.  Very little desire to stay inside and camp the PS3.

Were it being released in late August or in the autumn, that'd be a different story.  I'd be all over it.

by Uncharted Territory CHAMMOND on ‎05-01-2012 09:59 AM

HawkStarJay wrote:

Who here has already pre-ordered the game?
What are you most looking forward to doing after you pick it up next week? And how are you planning to spend your last Starhawk-free weekend?

I havent pre -ordered it.

Not picking it up either so do i still answer that question?

and put me in the bum category. thanks.

by Lombax Warrior EjusAsura on ‎05-01-2012 10:17 AM

I have pre-ordered it and I'm looking forward to the 10/14 video. I plan to check out mp first earn some skills then check out the sp.

by Fender Bender Pentex Fender Bender on ‎05-01-2012 10:17 AM

All you guys like ManlyMisfit, Pentex, and a lot of you other bums who are not getting the game and all you do is complain will be very sad.

I didn't complain, did i? I said that given the amount of unknowns in this game, i'm reserving my decision until after i have answers to my doubts. I also didn't say i'm not getting it, although it is possible for that to be my decision, as much as it's possible that i'm convinced to get it. And that's the developer's job, which i consider them to be doing poorly, given the number of questions i have.

by Lombax Warrior Orca22 Lombax Warrior on ‎05-01-2012 10:24 AM

I pre-ordered and I'm looking forward to it.

The people who do nothing but come here to complain and troll will probably spend this entire weekend lurking in the Starhawk forums looking for an opportunity to tell us all over again how much they dislike the game. They have been doing that for weeks so why change now?

by Monster Hunter dmanjj2 Monster Hunter on ‎05-01-2012 10:55 AM

Ive pre ordered! Im looking forward the most to single player and co op modes! And I might just jump on Uncharted 3 this weekend.

by Uncharted Territory Wakeboarder56 Uncharted Territory on ‎05-01-2012 10:58 AM

HawkStarJay wrote:

I enjoyed the Beta enough to preorder, but a lot of the questions and concerns raised are reasonable. The Q&A video is going to be very helpful. No matter what, I'm sure I'll be able to have a good time with my friends and clan. No matter what, I'm really looking forward to it.

SP is looking fun, so I'd like to play through that first. Then it's on to MP during the weekend to learn the new maps. I'll find time for Prospector at some point.

Until next Tuesday, I'll take whatever comes my way. Probably some final clan sessions on Warhawk and Uncharted.

by Lombax Warrior Guilty_D667 on ‎05-01-2012 11:08 AM

Orca22 wrote:

I pre-ordered and I'm looking forward to it.

The people who do nothing but come here to complain and troll will probably spend this entire weekend lurking in the Starhawk forums looking for an opportunity to tell us all over again how much they dislike the game. They have been doing that for weeks so why change now?

or  see if they fixed the problems the beta had  but that's just me. As for the people that "complain"(criticism) they do that because they care about the overall finished game and if they didn't they wont be on this forum in the first place.

by I Only Post Everything wrappy I Only Post Everything on ‎05-01-2012 11:09 AM

I think all of pentax's questions are more than reasonable. I'm getting the game either way, but I would like to know the answers to those questions as well. zones should be good, there is really no reason to camp home base in zones. once the player base gets experienced it will work itself out. the question i have is what NEW game out there is  better for flying/dogfighting?

by I Only Post Everything THE_MANGAAS I Only Post Everything on ‎05-01-2012 12:56 PM

Already pre-ordered, going to spend my first time playing split-screen co-op at my friends, so I can convince him to buy it, lol.

Maybe play some online co-op with some of the new starhawk players that added me on PSN.

I know I'm going to spend a stupid amount of time tweaking my vehicle colours and decals instead of actually playing.

by PlayStation MVP PlayStation MVP on ‎05-01-2012 01:23 PM

I don't know how many people at my GameStop have pre-ordered Starhawk, but I do know I was the first... because I'm awesome!

by Lombax Warrior Greek620 on ‎05-01-2012 01:33 PM

Simple.
Yes Foward bases = me purchase game.

No   Foward bases = me no purchase.

I just going to 'wait and see' how the game turns out. If its the same repetitive two main base warfare, count me out. It was fun while it lasted, but I was already bored doing that before the beta ended. I dont want to do more of the same. I want to fight in other parts of the map instead. So unless I can do that, I wont buy the game.

by Uncharted Territory RandmJOSH Uncharted Territory on ‎05-01-2012 01:40 PM

I pre-ordered, im looking foward to the changes made in the game also im gonna use the bunker the whole campaign and kill Logan (if he's the last boss) while in a bunker shootin rockets up his mutated...

During the weekend i hope to see The Avengers or who knows ill probably go and watch it after picking up SH, until then ima keep playing U3. 

by Uncharted Territory Guardian_Bob on ‎05-01-2012 01:41 PM

sh.png

Too bad Amazon didn't have the special edition.

by Wastelander PhaTCounT Wastelander on ‎05-01-2012 02:58 PM

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

I don't know how many people at my GameStop have pre-ordered Starhawk, but I do know I was the first... because I'm awesome!

Same, had it pre-ordered the day I knew the game was real and not a myth, and that was many months ago.

by Survivor artform-fazeone Survivor on ‎05-02-2012 01:51 AM

What i'll be doing once i pick up Star Hawk, on May 8th. 2012: i will be playing story mode first.! and giving constructive feedback on this forum board.!

by Fender Bender Sushi_Pirate Fender Bender on ‎05-02-2012 05:43 AM

Hey Jay,

Now I have this song stuck in my head...

Speaking personally, I can't wait for Starhawk.  I'm looking foward to meeting up with everyone from Warhawk again, and meeting some new friends/pancakes. 

Aside from rocking like an 80's big hair band this weekend, I'll probably try and finish up ME and SH:smileyvery-happy: as I know I'll be distracted afterwards. 

-SP

by First Son jake_the_ace321 on ‎05-02-2012 05:59 AM

I already pre-ordered the game. i am definitley looking forward to playing online and co-op. i will be spending the starhawk free weekend 99.9% on looking up starhaw, and reading about it, and 0.1% playing other

by Gaming Beast mule-tool Gaming Beast on ‎05-02-2012 06:53 AM

I preordered.  I was going to go through gamestop and get the limited edition, but at check out there was no verification that I would get delivery on release date.  All the shipping options were 3-5 days, 2 days, 7-10 days, etc.  So I went over to amazon and preordered for release date delivery.  Gamestop should think about that. 

by Uncharted Territory Wakeboarder56 Uncharted Territory on ‎05-02-2012 09:31 AM

mule-tool wrote:

I preordered.  I was going to go through gamestop and get the limited edition, but at check out there was no verification that I would get delivery on release date.  All the shipping options were 3-5 days, 2 days, 7-10 days, etc.  So I went over to amazon and preordered for release date delivery.  Gamestop should think about that. 

I just went to the store to preorder. No need to pay for shipping, and you know you'll get it on release day if you pick it up then.

by Uncharted Territory RandmJOSH Uncharted Territory on ‎05-02-2012 01:35 PM

lol

by First Son N-Lytind on ‎05-02-2012 01:58 PM

Its about time! 

I pre-ordered, probably was just gonna end up buying the expansion maps anyway lol

by Splicer The_Dvs-Bstd Splicer on ‎05-02-2012 03:00 PM

Pre-orderd my copy a couple of minutes ago!

Shit man I am HYPED to test out the other maps and just enjoy the game.

First thing im going too do is playing 1-2 hours of the campaign to get used to the controls again (Have barely played on my Ps3 since I got my VITA and the beta ended). After that im going to test out the multiplayer loby with my friend and we have already decided to have a race.

This weekend will be a pain in da ass... guess I will have to continue to play Disgaea 3 ^^

by Wastelander Jackatron Wastelander on ‎05-02-2012 03:26 PM

I pre ordered it and cant wait till I get play it when it comes out! I've waited years for you guys to make a new game and I'm so looking forward to play it like I did on warhawk.

by PlayStation MVP PlayStation MVP on ‎05-03-2012 07:33 AM

HawkStarJay wrote:

What a year it's been! After so many months of anticipation, beta testing, and the tireless work of our friends at LightBox, there's only one week to go until Starhawk launches in North America. That means if you're planning on reserving the GameStop-exclusive Limited Edition, you only have a few days left to get all those extra goodies!

After the awesome ride we've been on together, I can't wait to hear about your reactions to the final game! Hold on, just a few more days to go!

I've been playing MAG to get used to gaming online again

by Survivor derek1230066 on ‎05-03-2012 07:36 AM

HawkStarJay wrote:

i cant freakn wait man college finals ended this week so i will have plenty of free time to come and play!!!!

by Splicer KidCommando Splicer on ‎05-03-2012 08:49 AM

Yes, pre-ordered from Gameslop.

First thing I will do is join an online game of Zones. I am curious to know how it will be set up. There can't be much main base camping in that mode either so I think build and battle will work great.

Then it will be onto the Single Player to see how that plays.

I am not sure that Starhawk will infect me like Warhawk did, but I know I will at least get my $60 worth of playtime.

by Fender Bender Pentex Fender Bender on ‎05-03-2012 09:06 AM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

--------------------------------------

BHD now recruiting for Starhawk - Click here to ask about us

There's enough people playing? Although i could have many other reasons to, i only stopped playing when it started taking 10 minutes to get a match going.

by Survivor derek1230066 on ‎05-03-2012 09:07 AM

Pentex wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

There's enough people playing? Although i could have many other reasons to, i only stopped playing when it started taking 10 minutes to get a match going.

Photobucket

i stopped playing because i ran out of duct tap to hold my guns together

by Fender Bender Pentex Fender Bender on ‎05-03-2012 09:11 AM

KidCommando wrote:

There can't be much main base camping in that mode either so I think build and battle will work great.

Not so sure B&B will work great. I mean, we are expected to see Zones change hands, right? So if you start building across the map, as zones change, buildings will be left in a disorganized mess, with bunkers, garages and pads of different teams in different zones. And that's if it doesn't dissolve into Zones being turret farms.

by Survivor derek1230066 on ‎05-03-2012 09:13 AM

Pentex wrote:

KidCommando wrote:

There can't be much main base camping in that mode either so I think build and battle will work great.

Not so sure B&B will work great. I mean, we are expected to see Zones change hands, right? So if you start building across the map, as zones change, buildings will be left in a disorganized mess, with bunkers, garages and pads of different teams in different zones. And that's if it doesn't dissolve into Zones being turret farms.

Photobucket

a simple solution to this issue would be if buildings of one team are up in a zone and it changes hands to the other team then all of the buildings would be destroyed

by Fender Bender Pentex Fender Bender on ‎05-03-2012 09:17 AM

Well, SVER never had any shortage of people to play. I'd see the queue fill once, twice or more times for SVER while mine wouldn't budge.

Sadly, Zipper's idea of trying something innovative carried little thought into its implementation. Couple that with the fact they made the maps with no care about balance at all and they made most player run to SVER, MAG's easy mode. I never intended of leaving my faction of choice, i had over what... 200k points when i got frustrated and did a tour of the other 2. I could win in SVER playing with a blindfold.

by Survivor derek1230066 on ‎05-03-2012 09:25 AM

Pentex wrote:

Well, SVER never had any shortage of people to play. I'd see the queue fill once, twice or more times for SVER while mine wouldn't budge.

Sadly, Zipper's idea of trying something innovative carried little thought into its implementation. Couple that with the fact they made the maps with no care about balance at all and they made most player run to SVER, MAG's easy mode. I never intended of leaving my faction of choice, i had over what... 200k points when i got frustrated and did a tour of the other 2. I could win in SVER playing with a blindfold.

Photobucket

wow people still do not get that SVER was never easy mode at all, we were "willing to work together mode". mostly  because valor and especially raven had a problem with redline sniping and people being out only for themselves. SVER was known for having suicidal medics, simply meaning come hell or high water your coming back to life. while raven and valor was known for "unless you are in a clan and your clan mates are around you might as well hit X the moment you hit the ground".

im not sure if you played MAG after they made all and i do mean all the maps in the game neutral but even after that SVER remained on top because we knew how to work together. why SVER drew in most of the people with mics and the people who were actually willing to work together regardless of if you were in a clan or not i couldnt tell you, i would like to know myself.

but at the end of the day SVER was never easy mode, we just worked together.

by PlayStation MVP PlayStation MVP on ‎05-03-2012 09:32 AM

Pentex wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Photobucket

i've played 6 games of dom in the last 2 days, and one aqui

by PlayStation MVP PlayStation MVP on ‎05-03-2012 09:34 AM

derek1230066 wrote:

Pentex wrote:

Photobucket

wow people still do not get that SVER was never easy mode at all, we were "willing to work together mode". mostly  because valor and especially raven had a problem with redline sniping and people being out only for themselves. SVER was known for having suicidal medics, simply meaning come hell or high water your coming back to life. while raven and valor was known for "unless you are in a clan and your clan mates are around you might as well hit X the moment you hit the ground".

im not sure if you played MAG after they made all and i do mean all the maps in the game neutral but even after that SVER remained on top because we knew how to work together. why SVER drew in most of the people with mics and the people who were actually willing to work together regardless of if you were in a clan or not i couldnt tell you, i would like to know myself.

but at the end of the day SVER was never easy mode, we just worked together.

you keep what you kill

Well think of it like this Derek.

When you play a game single player they have easy, normal, and hard (sometimes more).   What is the difference between the modes?  The skill level of the enemy .    SVER was easymode because Raven and Valor had no skill

by Uncharted Territory Wakeboarder56 Uncharted Territory on ‎05-03-2012 09:37 AM

I've been able to get into some games, but it is pretty difficult.

And everyone I talk to joined SVER without even knowing it. My thought is that maybe people who didn't know you could choose your PMC and instead just selected whatever the first option was. I could be wrong, but I'm just speaking from experience with my friends.

by Fender Bender Pentex Fender Bender on ‎05-03-2012 09:45 AM

Not really, SVER only ended up with all the good players because they defected to them. Also, the huge amount of map changes is proof that there was an issue with balance. I remember a very detailed thread that someone made measuring distances between structures and SVER maps were much more closed and so harder to break. It didn't show as much in the first times after the game launched, i can assure you that, but then everyone and their mother was SVER.

That alone should tell you something, what started with a somewhat equal amount of players per faction ended up with loads stacking in the "easy" faction. When that change of making the maps defended and attacked by everyone came, the damage was already made, SVER had the players to continue pounding.

But i could even resume the problem to a single word:

Boats...

by Splicer KidCommando Splicer on ‎05-03-2012 10:02 AM

Pentex wrote:

KidCommando wrote:

Photobucket

Everything you mentioned is why I am excited for zones. You can still use enemy sniper towers, bunkers, and walls.There may be a way to use enemy pads/garages in the final game also. I am not so worried about the auto turrets because it is not like CTF where all the turrets guard a single object. In any zone game, you have to be in a certain area to capture a zone. you can always find cover away from turrets....especially if there are buildings everywhere in a mess like you say.

I see build and battle working better with Zones then CTF or DM/TDM.

by Uncharted Territory Wakeboarder56 Uncharted Territory on ‎05-03-2012 10:07 AM

It will be very interesting. Building up a huge base only to have the zone captured would mean that your defense could be used against you. Any structures you put up would have to be kept to a minimum.

by Fender Bender Pentex Fender Bender on ‎05-03-2012 10:18 AM

What about the limit of 32 buildings? Zones will still have the main base and probably no rules to prevent people from building all 32 there. A few will be needed and then i'm guessing we'll have the Blitz loadouts which took around 16 structures in the beta.

Blitz aside, you still want to have a few things in your main base, so let's say main base uses 10 buildings. How many zones will the maps have for capture? 4? 5? Eitherway, in average you probably could only fit 4 or 5 buildings at each zone. Let's ponder turrets again. Place 2 of them, there goes half of what you should build in a zone. By the time you go to capture the 3rd or 4th zone you might not have any building left.

Then lose a Zone. You had a launch pad, a garage, a bunker and more there. You can't use them now, first you need to respawn either at main base or at another zone and if you're lucky, you'll have a means of transport in that zone. If not, you might become aware that the limit is full and a bunch of buildings taking up the 32 slots are in a zone you don't have control of.

I don't know... i'm waiting to see how they solved these issues but i'm more concerned about the fact that we don't have any clue how it works.

by Survivor derek1230066 on ‎05-06-2012 04:14 AM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Pentex wrote:

Not really, SVER only ended up with all the good players because they defected to them. Also, the huge amount of map changes is proof that there was an issue with balance. I remember a very detailed thread that someone made measuring distances between structures and SVER maps were much more closed and so harder to break. It didn't show as much in the first times after the game launched, i can assure you that, but then everyone and their mother was SVER.

That alone should tell you something, what started with a somewhat equal amount of players per faction ended up with loads stacking in the "easy" faction. When that change of making the maps defended and attacked by everyone came, the damage was already made, SVER had the players to continue pounding.

Boats...

Photobucket

Yeah those arguments were easliy turned on there head though.  Those distances actually made it easer to destroy the bunker line if you used a flanking tactic or a modified version of the hammer and anvil.  

When MAG made all the maps go neutral SVER's Win to Loss ratio defending actually increased.  If it was the maps SVER's WLR would have decreased with neutrality.

Boats = Excuse....especially after defending the boats first hand

the real reason why SVER one so much, people just couldnt quit stairing at our duct tape coverd guns :dance:

by PlayStation MVP PlayStation MVP on ‎05-07-2012 09:10 AM

Pentex wrote:

Boats...

Photobucket

Yeah those arguments were easliy turned on their head though.  Those distances actually made it easer to destroy the bunker line if you used a flanking tactic or a modified version of the hammer and anvil.  

When MAG made all the maps go neutral SVER's Win to Loss ratio defending actually increased.  If it was the maps SVER's WLR would have decreased with neutrality.

Boats = Excuse....especially after defending the boats first hand

by First Son xTcBlaZe on ‎01-09-2014 12:14 PM
great news I was given a PSN card code to my amazement it worked! Check out http://psn.cardcodes.net