Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The 1.01.001 patch is now available (plus, an update on what's next)

by Starhawk Community Manager ‎05-31-2012 01:00 PM - edited ‎07-11-2012 03:03 PM

Hello there Starhawk fans!  We're pleased to let you know that the 1.01.001 patch is now available for the game, and you'll be promoted to download it the next time you play.  This is the patch we talked about on the blog last week, which includes a number of gameplay balance adjustments based on the feedback we've received from you.  Here's a link to the full patch notes in case you haven't had a chance to see what's included yet.

The 1.01.001 patch also includes the new region flag, which lets you see where a host is located before you enter the game.  Here's a peek at what the new region flag looks like in the server list:

We're also happy to announce that we've got another patch tentatively scheduled for TOMORROW which will address some of the stability issues in the game.  We've heard that the game is crashing/freezing for some people, and tomorrow's patch will address those issues in particular.  We're also implementing a set of tools to better address network stability and isolate connection issues, which is a big step towards eradicating the disconnection/not found errors.

Beyond that, we're still working on new content and gameplay balances.  The first of our free map packs is still coming and we're going to have more information on that soon.  We're also planning new gameplay tweaks to help with the balance of the Flak Cannon and bring the Bruiser skill into better line with the rest of the game.  In addition, we're working extensively with Sony's network infrastructure to help isolate the issue some people are seeing with mics cutting out in order to resolve that as soon as possible.

Thank you everyone for your support of Starhawk.  We'll see you on the battlefield!

Comments
by Fender Bender D-Squad3 Fender Bender on ‎05-31-2012 01:19 PM

Sweet! Contiued support is great!

by Lombax Warrior theDemolisher13 on ‎05-31-2012 02:48 PM

It's nice to see the creaters take care of their game and maybe in the neer futer they will be improving it.

by Fender Bender highlydangerous9 on ‎05-31-2012 06:24 PM

Awesome to see this the 2 things I really think starhawk could benifit from is if you could costomize in multiplayer that would be great I find it really anoying to go through the sign out sign in prossess just to see what I've unlocked. and also I heard that a starhawk app would be made is that still in the works or scrapped?

by Lombax Warrior Helquin on ‎05-31-2012 06:28 PM

Just want to give a big THANK YOU for listening to what the players would like to see. It's nice to see that our suggestions are not falling on deaf ears, and that you are really concerned with making this game better.

by Splicer Two00IbofBooty on ‎05-31-2012 07:50 PM

I luv u lightbox. Just one question. How many ppl play on a daily basis? Just curious.

by Lombax Warrior DuCkyLAT on ‎06-01-2012 01:23 AM

Well done on this patch! Playing Starhawk for me is much more enjoyable now! The gameplay feels nicer, faster and more balanced. Stability patch is coming out too!!! Nice Nice Nice Nice

I Love this game! Respect!

by Monster Hunter goodiechewshoes Monster Hunter on ‎06-01-2012 05:22 AM

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do!

Love the game!

by First Son tylerswimNW500 First Son on ‎06-01-2012 08:41 AM

Patch is good, but Tanks are now to weak to be tanks. I like the delay between shots that's better but now there just isn't enough power. Tanks were good to stop sidewinders, especially when that is the main transportation to get the flag to your base. Now it's going to make the Sidewinders nearly invulnerable.   If I was you guys I would but power back to what it was. It is now imbalanced. People will not fear entering a base on foot with Rocket launcher or on Sidewinder and dealing with a tank. They should always have that little bit of fear in the back of there mind

by First Son scrappydoosnack on ‎06-01-2012 11:09 AM

tanks are garbage now . I cant hit some guys when Im off a couple of centimeteres. away. It has to be dead on.  Like If an Abrams tank misses a soldier a couple of inches he wouldnt feel the impact and die? Also same thing for cluster bombs Im literally standing below a soldier and i cluster bomb him and he survives.

by Monster Hunter BigCee_N_TX1 Monster Hunter on ‎06-01-2012 02:32 PM

@ HawkStarJay....Am I being "Promoted" or "Prompted?" Cause I'll take the promotion please and thank you....lol

by First Son LEGGSvader on ‎06-02-2012 07:32 AM

Great update, to start. Swarms could use a boost though. Cluster nerf was fair, homing fix was great. Can you guys put up the names of who is talking like in WarHawk? Can't tell who is talking unless I know them. Again, great job.

by First Son Raonull on ‎06-02-2012 11:37 AM

Yes! Thank-you Lightbox. The slate screen bug is fixed and the game is running very smoothly. I can finally play this awesome game again!

by First Son rcfreak247 on ‎06-02-2012 12:10 PM

Well I must say this update is utter crap .Reduction of damage and accuracy with the tank and hawk weapons and calling it a fix to an inbalance issue is a lie its to shut up noobs that cant or wont learn the hawks tanks or counter them which is where the real problem is because the rift management system is the flaw hurry up race over blow up everything at the start and keep that way while they can never gather enough energy to do anything about it.  So you see its not about overpowered weapons its about not being able to build a defence or offence against it when your backed against the wall. They need to add some type of power plays like uncharted has to help break up such things .Adding things to balance out gameplay is a much better way to approach things rather than taking away or crippling others just to satisfy complainers.I will make an example I hate getting in matches guys set up of ground pounder where all they do is spawn on the tallest unclimbable peak of the map spawn a sheild and snipe.(next p

by First Son rcfreak247 on ‎06-02-2012 12:31 PM

continuing on from last post . Now I could say this needs to be addressed specificly since they crippled the tank making it even more of huge slow rolling target . But no I would rather ask for a true matchmaking system instead of this jump in jump out set up like u want system. Gives us a true system with set parimaters and leave the anything goes stuff to the custum match system we have now. And co-op needs to be implemented also.

by First Son rcfreak247 on ‎06-02-2012 12:55 PM

I will say thx for addresseing the lockup issues it started happening to me so much I traded  my system in thought it was the prob . O well as many times as it happened couldnt have been good for constantly resetting and checking for errors

by First Son jake_the_ace321 on ‎06-05-2012 09:03 AM

Lightbox, i have just 1 non-patch related question, were is the mission that we were shown at e3, the one were he drops in, sneaks up and takes out the sniper, and you have "Official Playstation Water"?

by First Son Dr4gonBender on ‎06-07-2012 11:24 AM

keep up with the amazing updates

by Splicer Inferior_Beast Splicer on ‎06-09-2012 12:53 AM

I am not sure where to post bug problems. But Here it is. We need more fixes. 1. Game connection errors keep popping up. 2. Failed to connect 3. There are still bugs. I was able to capture this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tJxCZ8RLUo  - Sidewinder flying in the air
and
the razorback flying in the air - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf1ApIgEQFg&feature=relmfu