Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Starhawk goes gold, plus bonuses for our Beta & Warhawk players!

by Starhawk Community Manager ‎05-01-2012 12:21 PM - edited ‎07-11-2012 04:39 PM

Good news, Starhawk fans!  We're pleased to announce that Starhawk has gone gold and is being pressed and shipped to retailers now!  The game hits retail shelves next week in North America, Europe, and Japan, and we're so excited to share the final release of the game with you.

In addition, we're proud to offer some bonus perks to all the wonderful community members that have supported us since our announcement last May. Can you believe it's almost been a year since we unveiled the game? 

If you played in the Starhawk beta at any point, you'll automatically be receiving "The Hand of the Founder", a limited edition character accessory that will attach to the right hand of your player character and let you show off your status as one of the founding members of Starhawk.

If you've played the beta and you were also one of our Warhawk players, you'll also be gifted with the Warhawk Paint Set.  This gives you two exclusive vehicle paint schemes that can be applied to any of the vehicles in Starhawk, turning them into the olive Eucadian style visual or the black Chernovan gunmetal appearance.

These items are intended specifically to thank our beta players and the fans that have supported us since Warhawk.  We have no plans to re-release or sell these.

Starhawk is just one week away, but there's still time to pre-order if you haven't already!  Just head over to GameStop and reserve the Limited Edition of the game.  We're really excited to give you the full, rich experience of Starhawk next week!  And welcome... to the new frontier.

Comments
by Gaming Beast SSlarg Gaming Beast on ‎05-01-2012 12:57 PM

I was already happy with the Gamestop preorder content but this extra

thank you is absolutely awesome! Doubly glad I'm buying it now.

and thrilled I got to beta test it!! woot!

by First Son FrostyID on ‎05-01-2012 01:31 PM

Umm, do I need to necessarily play the Warhawk's Multiplayer to get the exclusive vehicle skins?

by Wastelander PhaTCounT Wastelander on ‎05-01-2012 02:54 PM

I like, very nice, high five!

Ummm, though how would they know who the Warhawk/SHbeta players are, and how do we get these rewards? I assume, the game detects the SHbeta and WH save files on ones PS3, and unlocks the rewards????????????????????

by Hekseville Citizen TROLOLOL94 on ‎05-01-2012 02:56 PM

*Sniff*

You guys do really care about us...

*Sniff*

by Wastelander PhaTCounT Wastelander on ‎05-01-2012 03:00 PM

TROLOLOL94 wrote:

*Sniff*

You guys do really care about us...

*Sniff*

lol +1

by PlayStation MVP PlayStation MVP on ‎05-01-2012 05:41 PM

So how do we recieve the goodies?

by First Son jake_the_ace321 on ‎05-01-2012 06:55 PM

Yes, it probably will use the save data. if you look at uncharted, you can get bonus for completing un1.

this is sweet! i am happy i played for sure!

by First Son JUNIORX3 on ‎05-01-2012 10:17 PM

My ps3 was broking during the beta but i bought a new one but i own warhawk so is there anyway i could get some of those beta slash warhawk bonuses .

by First Son JUNIORX3 on ‎05-01-2012 10:23 PM

By theway i also ownthe uncharted 3 and it came wit the beta code . Also have the sweetooth dlc for the game. Im a huge warhawk fan so thats why i would love the have the bonuses. But like i said couldnt play nd i wish that the devs can see my comment and at least trynand help me out so i could get the bonuses

by I Only Post Everything wrappy on ‎05-02-2012 05:05 AM

the new frontier, I'm ready   thanks DJ the skins look great

by I Only Post Everything CrummySaint I Only Post Everything on ‎05-02-2012 05:46 AM

I always thought the "hand of the founder" was when your hand falls asleep and you

by Wastelander Jackatron Wastelander on ‎05-02-2012 03:21 PM

oh wow i hope i get that too! can't wait!

by First Son skelz on ‎05-02-2012 04:40 PM

NOOOOO!!!!

I deleted my beta game save file!!

How is this suppose to work, somebody please explain?!!

by First Son M37h3w3 First Son on ‎05-03-2012 10:50 AM

Is there a time frame for having played Warhawk to get the Warhawk skins? Or can I buy and play it now and get them?

Warhawk was before my time and given how Gamestop is going to be giving me a free copy of it, I didn't see any reason to buy it.

by First Son jake_the_ace321 on ‎05-03-2012 11:38 AM

They dont mean the warhawk that they are giving you, they mean the 2007 version by incognito and santa monica, there was one back in the '90s that they are giving you, no timeframe for the skins, because you have to have warhawk and starhawk beta save data for it to work, so in a word, you have to have starhawk beta and warhawk save data to get the skins

by First Son M37h3w3 First Son on ‎05-03-2012 10:02 PM

So it's a no go if I buy, download, and play Warhawk off PSN right now?

by Wastelander Jackatron Wastelander on ‎05-04-2012 12:20 AM

skelz wrote:

NOOOOO!!!!

I deleted my beta game save file!!

How is this suppose to work, somebody please explain?!!

Wait you have to have the beta in order to get it!? saved on your ps3?

by First Son jake_the_ace321 on ‎05-04-2012 07:14 AM

you do not have to have the beta on your PS3, just the save game for it, and then you 1/2 qualify for the skins, because you only get hand of the founder if you only have starhawk beta save files, while if you have both save files (WH and SH) then you get the hand and skins.

by First Son M37h3w3 First Son on ‎05-07-2012 04:34 PM

So, I can buy and play Warhawk off PSN right now and get the skins? Sadly I still can't figure out if you're saying yes or no to that.

by First Son skelz on ‎05-07-2012 05:37 PM

Welp! that appears to count me out. I deleted the Starhawk Beta game save file in anticipation of the full game.

I am presently not a happy camper.

by Splicer llrm2121 Splicer on ‎05-08-2012 02:21 PM

Well it says you have to be in the warhawk beta and played it to get skins.  I didnt even have a ps3(the one with 74 GB ) when the beta was out but it was one of my first games for ps3. well that sucks. o well it is just a skin at least i get the the hand of founder!!!!! if i dont need the beta on my ps3.i already deleted it.

by First Son skelz on ‎05-08-2012 04:33 PM

No, it says if you played in the Starhawk beta at any point you will get "The hand of the founder". If you played the beta at any point and you are a Warhawk player you will get "The hand of the founder" and the Warhawk skins for your vehicles. I qualified for both.

But since I deleted the Beta game save file to early, it appears that I don't qualify for anything.

*Sniff, tear rolls down face*

by First Son Drastik82 on ‎05-08-2012 05:23 PM

I have both the beta files for starhawk and warhawk files on my ps3 and did not get any of this. Maybe they changed their minds? i would like to know what i need to do to get them?

by Lombax Warrior ninpo78 Lombax Warrior on ‎05-09-2012 09:02 AM

I removed the saved Beta file from my PS3, but still have the Online Saved info from the Beta. Will that work?

by First Son KingTygerVII on ‎05-09-2012 05:43 PM

Skelz, I dont think its going to be by save file, maybe the sheer fact that you played it, and was reigstered in the BETA, maybe, JUST maybe you get the hand of the founder, cause if they had plans for the BETA tester, they should've said so, people do delete stuff from their PS3... anyways, still waiting for these freebies... >.> I want the skins and the glowy hand thingy hahaha.

by Lombax Warrior kungfuchikken on ‎05-13-2012 01:51 PM

When were we supposed to get the extras?

by First Son josefpl on ‎05-13-2012 08:10 PM

I still have the beta and there was no notification about the extra content that you guys offer

Why?    

by Monster Hunter JohnnyNorCal on ‎05-15-2012 09:53 AM

Supposedly the beta and Warhawk bonuses went out yesterday but I never got my codes. I had my account settings to accept messages too.

I'm a little bummed out cause I was looking forward to getting those. I was in the beta and own Warhawk as well.

by Lombax Warrior kungfuchikken on ‎05-15-2012 10:04 AM

Me too, I wonder why so many people who played the beta and warhawk didnt get them.

by First Son Drastik82 on ‎05-15-2012 10:09 AM

Maybe we will get it sometime today... Still waiting on mine also. Both hand and paint.  Possibly sending them out in order of beta sign up? I didn't do beta until it went public. But they said all players that participated in beta at any point. So guess we just wait. People started to get em just this morning around midnight, so ill wait to really panic until tomorrow...

by Lombax Warrior ninpo78 Lombax Warrior on ‎05-15-2012 10:44 AM

Check your PSN Mailbox, I got it this morning. You will get an e-mail with an attachment, DL the attachment. Then, in game, go to Customize -> Accessories, there you will see Hand of the Founder

by First Son Drastik82 on ‎05-15-2012 10:49 AM

Nothing in there except message about going to gamestop for my PS+ code.