Fuel Up! Download Game Balance Update 1.02

by Starhawk Community Manager ‎06-12-2012 03:34 PM - edited ‎07-11-2012 04:41 PM

Warheads around the world, support for the war in the New Frontier lives on! It's time to fuel up and download Game Balance Update 1.02.002. Just boot up Starhawk and you'll be promoted to download the update. We're listening to your feedback daily on the forums, Facebook, and all over this Internet galaxy, wherever you are Starhawk fans! Here's how your multiplayer game is changing:

• Hawk Homing Missile now harder to dodge
  • LR3 Sniper Rifle no-longer damages the OX Tank
  • Bruiser Skill damage to buildings reduced
  • Home-Base spawn regions have been increase on ALL maps
  • Re-Enabled kick player feature for game hosts
  • Reduced Flak Cannon rate of fire
  • Significantly Reduced Flak Cannon damage vs Hawks
  • Increased Flak Cannon pick-up respawn delay
  • Increased Grenade pick-up respawn delay
  • Reduced Grenade pick-up ammo from 3 grenades to 1 grenade
  • FIXED team roster imbalance for Rifter team in ZONES
  • Rift Barrels now only respawn once per round in Co-Op

Hawk Homing Missile:

In the last game balance update we made a significant improvement to the combat effectiveness of the homing missile which was something that our player community was really wanting -- but we feel we didn't go far enough! So this update makes the Homing Missile approximately 50% harder to dodge.

What this really means to our hard-core Hawk pilots is that you're now filling up your evasion bar at a slower rate when you're dodging. You still need a full evasion bar to dodge a Homing Missile but it will be harder to achieve a full evasion bar. This also resulted in us scaling the evasion required for the Swarm Laser accordingly so that it still requires the same amount of evasion "effort" to dodge as it did prior to this update.

Home-Base Spawn Region:

We have been aggressively tracking "base-ravaging" as an issue that we'll always continue to try and reduce. To help achieve this goal, we have increased the amount of "spawn-able" area for your home-base in both Capture the Flag and Team Deathmatch.

The reason for doing this is to help provide players that are respawning into their home base with more options and distance between any attacking enemy players. This now makes it more difficult for an attacking force to keep a team pinned in their home-base due to the increased surface area the attackers need to cover to induce"base-ravaging".

Bruiser Skill:

When players had the Bruiser Skill activated, they were simply tearing down the structures way too quickly. To help fix this we have reduced the amount of damage the melee attack does versus structures when the Bruiser Skill is equipped. For example, previous it required only 3 strikes to destroy a structure and now it requires 5. Please note that the small auto-turrets still only take a single strike to destroy. A further adjustment was made so that with Large Turrets (Beam & Flak) now require 3 strikes when the Bruiser Skill is equipped.

Hawk Flak Cannon:

This weapon was very over-powered and our fans agreed. This update includes a significant set of changes to the weapon's attributes. It rate-of-fire was reduced by 250ms and the damage it deals against Hawks has been cut more than in half. The respawn delay for the Flak Cannon pick-up was also increased from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.

These are some pretty massive changes but based on player feedback, our own internal review and play-testing *AND* our combat analytics, a massive change was warranted.

Troop Grenade:

There were some really degenerate situations occurring where players could essentially be come "grenade-turret" by staying in a bunker and continually throwing grenades -- never running out of them because the pick-up respawned so quickly. This drove us to change the number of grenades you get per ammo pick-up from 3 down to 1 as well as increase the respawn delay of the pick-up from 1 second to 5 seconds.

The Light Box Interactive team is also looking into a potential issue with the "Swarm Lasers" where the scrub factors are not working, unexpectadly caused by the update to the Homing Missile. In other words, the LBI team is working dilligently and fast to address. We will keep you posted on a hot fix. We are fully aware!

Support lives on in the New Frontier, you better believe it. Keep the wars raging in Starhawk, and the feedback flowing. We're listening.

Comments
by Wastelander Emi-Argentina Wastelander on ‎06-12-2012 03:48 PM

agree prime the game sucks now, 5 noobs with airmines is all, lol.

i think the lightbox combat analytics are all bunch of noobs and nerds.

you cant make the game for noobies and bcause players with 5 hours come to forums and facebook for cry

i taste 200 hours for get 0 deaths in df games vs the best pilots in this game. now thr game is trash and that is all.

by Lombax Warrior Dieg0Fdc Lombax Warrior on ‎06-12-2012 03:53 PM

Are you fucking kidding me!!! "LR3 Sniper Rifle no-longer damages the OX Tank"

by Monster Hunter dmanjj2 Monster Hunter on ‎06-12-2012 03:54 PM

I hadnt realized that LBIs fans were all douchbags. I dont even get on here much because of the ammount of negativity in these forums. Seriously. Grow up, because this isnt Warhawk. This isnt even a sequal, so quit asking to make it like Warhawk. BTW that game is terribly unbalenced anyway. I for one love the new game and appreciate all the effort LBI has put into it, and this is a great update. Keep it up guys!

by First Son black7spades on ‎06-12-2012 04:14 PM

Great work, LBI!

I can't wait to try this new update later tonight.

by Wastelander triple_cloudy on ‎06-12-2012 04:35 PM

Well, I wanted to check out the update but I see the Failed to connect issue is still there. Oh well.

by First Son saadeon on ‎06-12-2012 04:41 PM

this game is good but nothing like warhawk ^^

by Splicer Mabusi on ‎06-12-2012 04:45 PM

I appreciate the fixes you guys have done for the ground & tactical game, but the increase in dodging feels like 200-300%, not 50%. It's IMPOSSIBLE to dodge multi locks now especially homings without chaff. You guys should hire some players who actually know what they test and not just look at some stupid game data. The flak became better in my opinion, but the rest like homings, swarms & airmines are just annoying now. I was hoping not to mention it and i saw Starhawk as a different game and not as a sequal of Warhawk, but for the air weapons, especially homings and swarms, you guys should test out the warhawk codes. It was pretty well balanced there and that is what Starhawk needs asap!

Mab

by Starhawk Community Manager on ‎06-12-2012 04:45 PM

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback and would appreciate even moreso to keep it constructive. We're here to provide you incomparable support as best we can, to keep fueling your passion for Starhawk. If you have negative feedback, it would rock if you could accompany it with your specific complaints instead of just "sucks". We're here to support you, only way we can do that is understanding what doesn't feel right.

Also, the update has only been live for a mere matter of hours. As any good multiplayer game goes, things need time to settle and be tested out. If you're coming here ready to rip, make sure you've ripped it in-game A LOT first. We take your feedback seriously, just make sure you play first.

Let's do this!

-HawkStarJay

by First Son Billitrance66 on ‎06-12-2012 04:46 PM

Nice update! Im really liking this game. With this patch it should be even better. Not seeing much point in the snipers not damaging tanks...but whatever. I'll get over it. Very glad the bruiser skill has been decreased. Keep up the good work guys! (But please dont nerf the snipers anymore...)

by First Son Billitrance66 on ‎06-12-2012 04:48 PM

@HawkStarJay

Really glad you guys take the time out to listen to the community. Thanks for that

by Wastelander triple_cloudy on ‎06-12-2012 04:54 PM

HSJ, any advancements in fixing the Failed to connect problem?

by Splicer Mabusi on ‎06-12-2012 04:56 PM

@ HawkStarJay:

I appreciate the fixes you guys have done for the ground & tactical game, but the increase in dodging feels like 200-300%, not 50%. It's IMPOSSIBLE to dodge multi locks now especially homings without chaff. You guys should hire some players who actually know what they test and not just look at some stupid game data. The flak became better in my opinion, but the rest like homings, swarms & airmines are just annoying now. I was hoping not to mention it and i saw Starhawk as a different game and not as a sequal of Warhawk, but for the air weapons, especially homings and swarms, you guys should test out the warhawk codes. It was pretty well balanced there and that is what Starhawk needs asap!

Mab

EDIT// The bruiser skill is still too overpowered, replace the rambo knife with a grinder equipped @ each spawn and that skill is perfect. It just makes no sense to knife structures down.

by Fender Bender gs94 Fender Bender on ‎06-12-2012 04:59 PM

Air mines are impossible to dodge.

Reduce the difficulty of evasion by 10-15 percent.

30 feels too much. In fact, almost impossible for some people.

by First Son ethextreme on ‎06-12-2012 05:47 PM

Homing Missles which lock on and are detered by chaff should not be dodgeable at all. Otherwise why call it a homing missle. Be happy you have chaff. Use your rift to get a new starhawk and get the person that got you.

by Lombax Warrior Dieg0Fdc Lombax Warrior on ‎06-12-2012 05:47 PM

As someone who uses the sniper rifle ( LR3) I feel like now i'm at a disadvantage against an enemy tank, i'm not complaining about the other tweaks

by Lombax Warrior lDropDead Lombax Warrior on ‎06-12-2012 05:55 PM

Hawks were too good. Seen some players who got ridiculous kdr by using hawk's only.

by Splicer Mabusi on ‎06-12-2012 05:55 PM

ethextreme wrote:

Homing Missles which lock on and are detered by chaff should not be dodgeable at all. Otherwise why call it a homing missle. Be happy you have chaff. Use your rift to get a new starhawk and get the person that got you.

I see why LBI is failing with their game, it's because of players like you who post comments like this while having no idea about what they talking about.

by Hekseville Citizen iamsochill Hekseville Citizen on ‎06-12-2012 06:16 PM

As far as balance is concerned, I think this update will be perfect. Hopefully you can work on the sound dropping issues.

by Monster Hunter Hellowutsup5 on ‎06-12-2012 06:36 PM

You people need to stop crying. It seems to me every one is forggeting that just like in the beta, most of these changes are not permanent. They purposfully OP and Nerf to much back and forth until they get the "This ones Juuuuusssstt Right" Spot. They are playing Goldy Locks and spending hours of their time on this for our benefit and entertainment. So stop Bitching! better yet go play COD, cause all the good players who can learn to deal with it dont want you here.

by First Son Thee_Assassin on ‎06-12-2012 06:38 PM

Enjoying the update so far, and the game in general well done! My only problem is the current Mic issue, I spent over an hour today with my friend in my party just hopping from game to game trying to find one with the Mics working. In the end we couldn't and just ended up leaving it for the day, here's hoping that this issue gets fixed soon. Thanks again for a great game.

by First Son black7spades on ‎06-12-2012 06:41 PM

People also seem to forget (or ignore) that the Warhawk they love NOW also went through a similar process of balance/review/update.

by Fender Bender ajcadoo on ‎06-12-2012 06:44 PM

Nice update! LBI, would it be possible for the audio issue to be fixed? Idk if I am the only one experiencing it, but games longer in duration result in partial audio loss. Some sound effects don't come through, etc etc. Thanks!

by Monster Hunter Hellowutsup5 on ‎06-12-2012 06:48 PM

Ive had this also once or twice.

by I Only Post Everything CRO_NOSM1-BUBA I Only Post Everything on ‎06-12-2012 07:04 PM

This is definatily heading in the right direction, and contrary to some previous posts it is NOT impossible to dodge missiles. The air-to-air game is much more dynamic now, keep it up!

by First Son duhSplashEKS on ‎06-12-2012 09:03 PM

I absolutely loved this game until 1.02.  NOT A GOOD UPDATE!  Mainly because I constantly keep getting disconnected now, when before it was only occasionally.  Plus the fixes weren't really neccessary.  The Bruiser is all that really needed to be balanced (which I liked someone elses idea of spawning with a grinder rather than Melee damaging structures).  Everything else was just fine.

This update needs to be fixed right away, before I start getting really pissed off from being dropped.  Major fail on this one Lightbox.

The game was balanced nicely with 1.01 (with exception of the Bruiser), now it's just messed up.

Lightbox, how about a functional update.  Something that adds features, like custom loadouts, all mute, and other functional variations.  That's all this game needed before this BAD update.

by Splicer JayReality on ‎06-12-2012 09:05 PM

Sup other Jay lol @HawkStarJay Here's what I don't like about the update and a few issues and suggestions:

1. Bruiser reduction. There was no need to reducde the damage, this was my main form of offense because I could get to enemies faster that camp too much and flood their base with turrets.

I don't know why people complain about bruiser, while hawks are flying in every 2 seconds bombing and destroying your base and teammates and also doing the same with the tanks. I personally hate the tanks and leave those matches a lot because people overdose with tanks and hawks. I feel like you guys give more favor to players using hawks and tanks. sniper rifle should damage tanks, it's too hard to destroy them as it is and dodging them on a razorback or sidewinder is near impossible.  They don't even give you time to rebuild or even run somewhere and hide lol. I could say that was unfair but instead of complaining, I dealt with it by using a different strategy, I go to the enemy base and tear down their hawk and tank towers so they could stop flooding my base!! Do you know how many times i have saved my teams lives by doing this? In my opinion it was not too powerful, now it takes like 10 knife swipes to destroy beam turrets and way too many for bunkers, about 15 swipes, wayyy too long! that gives them plenty of time to sneak up and stab me.

2. Sidewinder- it blows up too easy and it's my favorite mode of transportation. It's also horribly unbalanced. It tips over too easy and i end up getting shot with a rocket launcher or something else, when i could have easily avoided had it not tipped over!! It needs better traction and should be faster and able to jump higher, too hard jumping over rocks and other structures

3. Please reduce hawk missile/pickups by 80%!!!!!!! and tank missiles by 80%!!!! Both are just extremely too powerful and like most people complain about, too many matches i'm in, that's all people do is get up in the air, get bombs and destroy everything. It makes playing the game extremely less enjoyable. The shield's still last way too long on the hawks as well, how can i use the bruiser on a hawk if he keeps landing next to me with a shield or invisible?!! That is so annoying. If you're gonna allow the hawk to have a shield and be that powerful, put a shield on the razorback and sidewinder and add some additional shooting options like rockets that shoot from the side of the sidewinder and razorback, so at least we have a secondary option if a tank or hawk is flying at us.

4. I have no other complaints lol but some suggestions:

You guys make updates on gameplay but not the look of the characters and weapons. Here's what I would like to see:

1. Female characters

2. More black characters

3. More face customization like facepaint, masks and some hats

4. More cooler looking outfits, shirts, pants, some hoodies would be hot,

im just tired of seeing the same people look alike, i want to be completely different

5. Easier way to challenge clans, I don't think the setup is easy for most people, they have to go

through all these different steps just to start a battle. Also when you do have a battle against clans, it should list it in your clan battle list, but it does not. I have had 5 different clan battles so far and it doesn't post. There should be an easy option. You should list in the main menu all the clans in our region and allow clan leaders to openly challenge clans and have an easy challenge clan option.

6. Weapons- It would be cool to add more weapons, i think they are too limited. The only one i like is the rocket launcher, i hate the shotgun because everytime i shoot people with it, they manage to survive, but whenever i'm being shot at with it, it kills me, very confusing as i have shot at people with the shotgun at point blank range. the second best weapon is the railgun. i think the other weapons suck, especially only having a knife as the only accessory, you should add a sword, baseball bat, laser gun etc.. Also you should be able to customize the weapons, add a silencer to the pistol, change the colors

by Monster Hunter Sirynx77 Monster Hunter on ‎06-12-2012 09:18 PM

OK I have to make a comment on this.  I trully appreciate that the team at LBI is willing to support the game with constant updates to it.

I believe that games just like other art forms are never finished/completed... they are basically abandoned.

We all know that even the best game out there is not 100% bug free.  There are just situations that will come along after its release that would be impossible to find in the testing phase.  LBI is willing to continue to support it not only by suppling DLC, but by addressing issues that come along. 

Now, I hope that LBI will at all times not just address issues that are reported by people that get annoyed about certain weapons or machenry.   Anyone whining about the hawks are just incapable of dealing with them.   That's why I constantly see mostly "Ground Pounder" games running.  Learn how to take them out of the sky, don't hide behind by just playing  "Ground Pounder" games.  So I hope that LBI will also listen to the rest of people playing the game, especially veterans.

With that said, I do have a complaint about this new update.  It pertains to the reduction of grenades.  Now, I have no problem with the delay of spawing of the grenades or other weapons.  I have a problem on the quantity reduction to just one.  That is just a dumb move to do.  What's next reducing rocket spawn to one per spawn, one bullet per rifle spawn.  One of each per ammo spawns.   You have to draw the line somewhere.  See my comment about whiners above. 

As far the story of people staying inside bunkers and attaking from them.  Isn't that the point of a bunker?  Its a defensive instalation. Which can be really effective against "base-ravaging" as LBI calls it. If not, then LBI should get rid of the ability of shooting weapons  from inside towards outside.   

by Gaming Beast SILVERX200 Gaming Beast on ‎06-12-2012 09:26 PM

I'm not sure why you made the LR3 useless against tanks now. The weapon itself damages next to nothing as it is, and it only has 3 bullets per loadout. You could have just lessened the damage to tanks, and you have to know that people are spamming the battlefield with a massive amount of tanks so there is one less option to lessen the damage.

I encounter major issues with the Sidewinder kicking me off the bike even on minimally coarse surfaces. It will flip completely over and you have to wait for it to re-flip. This tends to lead you to your death if you're trying to escape from being assaulted. It's weird how sometimes it seems ok and other times it seems very unstable. You should also be able to attack while moving instead of completely stopping and then having to use L1 to even access using the weapon while on the bike.

Razorbacks could use a speed increase for sure. I also agree that we need more customization options for characters and vehicles in every possible way. I'm not sure why there are no female choices when even the Facebook "Build Your Team" video featured female characters. Cover all the bases.

by First Son duhSplashEKS on ‎06-12-2012 09:27 PM

ERR!  8 times now.  I get into a room, get a couple kills, and then I'm dropped with a message saying that I must be connected to the servers to play.  No shit!  Then it gives me the list of the things addressed with this update.  The first thing on that list should be, "we made the connection issues worse". 

This is really making me mad.  I just wanna play my new favorite game, but this update screwed that up.  Can't be my favorite game anymore if I can't play it.

FIX IT NOW!  Not in a couple days, but NOW.

by First Son dokdaka on ‎06-12-2012 09:57 PM

I was on for an hour or two this evening and I have to say I think you nailed the bruiser skill.  I use it a lot and it needed a tap or two with the nerf bat.  I'm just glad you didn't go to far.  Now it is a more difficult decision if I should equip bruiser or something else.  Good job!  Keep up the nerfs on hawks - they dominate and the only way to keep them in check was to get in a hawk yourself.  Hopefully I'll notice more improvement in this regard. 

by Gaming Beast bus_driver68 Gaming Beast on ‎06-12-2012 10:15 PM

You love the new updates because you are a f*****g IDIOT!

by Gaming Beast bus_driver68 Gaming Beast on ‎06-12-2012 10:27 PM

Hellowutsup5 wrote:

You people need to stop crying. It seems to me every one is forggeting that just like in the beta, most of these changes are not permanent. They purposfully OP and Nerf to much back and forth until they get the "This ones Juuuuusssstt Right" Spot. They are playing Goldy Locks and spending hours of their time on this for our benefit and entertainment. So stop ********! better yet go play COD, cause all the good players who can learn to deal with it dont want you here.

And here is what you seem to be forgetting. Some of us spent months in the private and public beta's. We have gone over this before with LBI and they still only seem  to listen to the people that cry about this and that being overpowered because they get killed by it. LBI should have released ALL the weapons during the beta and they could have been tested then. We didn't have the clusters, torpedo or the stealth or shields. Why would you test a game for months with only half the stuff there. That would be like Chevrolet building a car and saying "drive it for a couple of months without an interior and tell us what we need to fix. Well DUH! How can i tell you what to fix without an interior? And your idea of them going too far so they can bring it back up some is the dumbest thing i have ever heard on a forum. Let's purposefully create more work for ourselves by changing it too much so we have to go back in and change it some more., Do you work in a government agency? If so i can see why you have your head so far up your ____! I am sure you can fill in the blank on your own.

by Monster Hunter Sirynx77 Monster Hunter on ‎06-12-2012 11:24 PM

dokdaka wrote:

Keep up the nerfs on hawks - they dominate and the only way to keep them in check was to get in a hawk yourself.  Hopefully I'll notice more improvement in this regard. 

Hmm... it seems you somewhat get what "Air Superiority" is supposed to be.  If you and/or no one in your team is willing to keep the other team's hawks in check. Well, its going to be tough to handle them.  Good placement of anti-hawk turrets (both flak and beam), air mines, and plenty of willing teammates to fly in hawks and doing it through out the entire round is the best way to balance a game.  Not by complaining to LBI that they are too tough to tame.

If it was up to you and others, I'm sure you would nerf the hawks so they would be destroyed by one rifle shot.   Then what's the point of having them in the game and for that matter keeping the game title?

by Monster Hunter Sirynx77 Monster Hunter on ‎06-13-2012 12:05 AM

bus_driver68 wrote:

LBI should have released ALL the weapons during the beta and they could have been tested then. We didn't have the clusters, torpedo or the stealth or shields. Why would you test a game for months with only half the stuff there

It seems that you to think that LBI and Sony didn't have their own paid testers testing this game way before and during the beta. If they didn't use them, then they kinda deserve the issues that have been reported since its release.

by Gaming Beast mule-tool Gaming Beast on ‎06-13-2012 05:42 AM

I am just curious how a "bork" happens.  Does a patch behave differently when you guys play test than it does when we get it? The wrong patch (older version) got pushed?

I will be honest, given the frustration about the game and balance that exists, it may be better to make smaller, more frequent changes, than large changes, knowing you might over-shoot things. You guys mentioned the "hotfixes" that you could push out at a moments notice. Now is the time to start using it. Word of mouth is big in video games. If everyone is complaining and hating on a game, people will shy away from it.  I never bough KZ3 because people told me it was a mess.  A lot of people consider Starhawk a mess right now. 

I have been in LBI's corner since opening warhawk, and I am still trying to be supporting, but sometimes I am left just scratching my head. 

by Gaming Beast SpaceNun on ‎06-13-2012 07:31 AM

I'll make it simple: The team making this game does not feel right.

by Monster Hunter Hellowutsup5 on ‎06-13-2012 08:28 AM

bus_driver68 wrote:

Hellowutsup5 wrote:

You people need to stop crying. It seems to me every one is forggeting that just like in the beta, most of these changes are not permanent. They purposfully OP and Nerf to much back and forth until they get the "This ones Juuuuusssstt Right" Spot. They are playing Goldy Locks and spending hours of their time on this for our benefit and entertainment. So stop ********! better yet go play COD, cause all the good players who can learn to deal with it dont want you here.

And here is what you seem to be forgetting. Some of us spent months in the private and public beta's. We have gone over this before with LBI and they still only seem  to listen to the people that cry about this and that being overpowered because they get killed by it. LBI should have released ALL the weapons during the beta and they could have been tested then. We didn't have the clusters, torpedo or the stealth or shields. Why would you test a game for months with only half the stuff there. That would be like Chevrolet building a car and saying "drive it for a couple of months without an interior and tell us what we need to fix. Well DUH! How can i tell you what to fix without an interior? And your idea of them going too far so they can bring it back up some is the dumbest thing i have ever heard on a forum. Let's purposefully create more work for ourselves by changing it too much so we have to go back in and change it some more., Do you work in a government agency? If so i can see why you have your head so far up your ____! I am sure you can fill in the blank on your own.

I was in the Private and Public from the start, neither did they have the grinder or pistol, and now nobody uses either. IF what you claim is true and you were in the Private/Public then you would know what I say is true about playing goldy locks, take a step back, calm your self down, and look at every update in Private/Public/Now ( here http://www.lightboxinteractive.com/blog/?currentPage=3) If you played at ALL in the beta's or paid the least bit attention, you would not be compleatly ignorant. Not only is what ive stated Obvious by looking at the updates, LBI has even told us that is what they are doing. So do your research before you rage. Bettet Yet Go play COD, cause.....well, you know the rest.

bus_driver68 wrote:

Let's purposefully create more work for ourselves by changing it too much so we have to go back in and change it some more

Not every one on this planet is thinking about themselves, making it perfect requires time.

And to keep this thread where it is supposed to be (not whining and trying to start a riot)
all I see thet needs to be fixed are:

Dodging of swarms
Dodging of mines
Dodging of...everything (homing a little to high)
bring Bruiser up a smidge
let snipers damage tanks

Sound problems
Conection issues

Ignore these trolls LBI an dont give up.

by Uncharted Territory habahnow on ‎06-13-2012 08:54 AM

problems with the update:

very difficult (impossible i hear without using canned dodges) to dodge homing missile, swarm missiles, MAW rounds, and mines. as of now the best way to dodge is with chaff or using the terrain.

but overall i feel the flying is actually better than it was before because you have to be very skilled to stay alive for extended periods of time. BUT the dodging must still be made simpler.

by First Son jvallee25 on ‎06-13-2012 10:09 AM

I

I applaud LBI's efforts to continue provide support to try to improve the game. I for one sucked horrible at this game when facing very skilled players when I first started. I started off using the sidewinder to build a comfort level with my solo play until I met other players, and then progressed this way through the different load outs/maps/weapons/vehicles, know I’m above avg. and a better rounded player.

The game needs to be balance by dedicating servers to help separate skill levels, I understand you(LBI) look at the charts to see what weapon or vehicle is showing OP statistics but you put skilled players vs. unskilled you’re going to get inaccurate results. I hope the changes are being made to balance the game out correctly and not try to balance unskilled players to compete against skilled player... this takes time to become skilled. Here are my concerns in more detail.

1) Sidewinder tips over sometimes like it's my first time riding a bike ever, This makes things worse  when you go to flip it over it flips upside down again and sometimes repeats 5 times before you get it upright... final result a slow tank made it 200 yards to kill you because a player couldn't get on a sidewinder. Especially frustrating when you execute a flag attempt into a base perfectly i.e jumped the wall just right, destroyed any prox mines and made it passed 6 guys guarding the flag all just to be gilled in 10 sec because your bike keeps flipping over, when you could have been in and out in 2 sec or escaping a pro pilot in a hawk just to have your bike flip over making a turn around cover…Arghhh

2) Hawks are being used as homing missiles turrets(sine the new patch), maybe decrease the range when in mech mode, the old flaks made noobs not so timid to go in the sky, now they are timid and just sit at there base. Maybe if you turn into mech mode you can't be target at first but if you re-lock on you can. This will prevent camping on the ground with mechs(I understand you go to mech to avoid missiles to not get locked on but if the enemy re-locks on,  he should be able to shoot)

3) Prestige mode.. Or something let me reset my stats or level. I would like to strive towards something every day I play, gives me a personal goal,i.e I play unti l level (2) two levels, or let’s see how long it takes me to level in this gaming session. etc. I'm OCD with competitiveness.

4) Sudden Death - when the clock runs out the game shouldn’t end until all flags are return, but maybe when the clock runs out any flag at the base can no longer be taking and if your flag is taking you must get it back before it to be a draw and you are unable to take there flag if it’s at there base your only option is, lose or get your flag back for a draw. This would make some Sudden Deaths last 2-3 minutes longer but you would have less draws.

5) Dedicated servers to separate skill level. I love playing against a team that is balance or maybe slightly unbalanced but no way should there be 14 blue stars vs. 2 blue stars and some noobs. This is the biggest issue; this is why people are complaining. It's frustrated when you are dying over and over, I was there during the first 2 weeks, and I just hate to see us losing gamers because they didn't have the right environment to increase the skills properly. Ranked and unranked servers? Somehow reward people for switching to a losing team or manually balancing out teams instead of adding a suicide to their record, might help.

6)  You should have a medal and points for a flag assist, i.e you cap a flag only to die for 4ft from capping it at your base another team grabs the flag to cap your hard effort, or it you are in a vehicle transport a person with a flag you get a flag assist.

Additional Medals- If an enemy becomes an outlaw or higher he should have a trophy and a point bounty on his head to kill him. Maybe instead of a red curser above his name when in sigh, he would have it be orange to indicate he has a bounty (different color curse could indicate different bounty levels). For the person with the bounty; you could have a trophy and points for keeping a bounty on your head for a certain amount of time (2min, 5min 10min). These last two are very petty and low on the priority list but I think if you added some small tid bits in this game it would be nice. I’m looking forward to the new hawk mode. I know your busy working on larger issues but I’m sure you have groups working on different aspects of the game. 

Game is amazing and for you new players who are frustrated, practice, practice, practice and don’t get discouraged. I hope to see you noob’s owning me on the field and making me feel like a noob:smileysurprised:)

by Lombax Warrior TooTall19 Lombax Warrior on ‎06-13-2012 10:46 AM

Warhawk fans are getting on my nerves.  

by First Son dirtrunner21 on ‎06-13-2012 11:05 AM

Dude check your network connection. Have you ruled that out yet? are you on satellite or something with a very high Ping? Im almost sure its your network connection, possibly a bad network switch or funky router. Reset all your network devices.

by Lombax Warrior Helquin on ‎06-13-2012 11:35 AM

I really don't understand why spawning with a grinder is not being considered an option as a replacement for the Bruiser skill - when you use this for every other type of weapon based skill. Why is there this love for creating an uber knife that replaces other weapons and skills? I just don't get it. I had posted that Bruiser should be more of a beefed up dismantling skill that would only work on vehicles and not structures at all, especially since you can destroy enemy buildings using a hacker skill.

There's a lot of complaints on the forums that things are just to hard to dodge now - but can still be auto scrubbed pretty easily. The advanced pilots don't want to use auto scrub and there are a lot of players that want to see it gone. Personally I don't want to see it gone, since it's great for new flyers to learn the mechanics of flying and still pose a chance, but why not an auto scrub charge meter to allow only a certain number of times a pilot can do it before they no longer can. It almost seems to be that the pilots that learned how to manually scrub are being punished for learning the way to do it, while giving an advantage to those that do not.

Perhaps a better solution to the homing problem would be a countdown on how long you are actually locking on before firing - which in turn would effect how difficult it would be to dodge the missile in the first place.

All in all I'm really glad that LBI is making some changes to the game and are wanting to make it better. Please keep it up.

by First Son roddy281 First Son on ‎06-13-2012 11:55 AM

if the homers where at about 40% theres a 50/50% chance it would even everything else thanks for the update but dodging is impossible at the moment

by First Son Coyskurk on ‎06-13-2012 01:49 PM

There is still a huge problem with tank spam.  I believe it would be best to limit how many are allowed on the battlefield at one time (And possibly all the other vehicles depending on the outcome)

Other than that great work you guys, don't let these CoD and Warhawkaboos (idk xD... AND IM NOT SAYING I DON'T LIKE WARHAWK D:smileyhappy: get to you (not like they ever will in the first place)

by First Son Coyskurk on ‎06-13-2012 01:52 PM

Well said, brother.

by Monster Hunter dmanjj2 Monster Hunter on ‎06-13-2012 02:22 PM

lol did i say this game was balenced? Dont pull crap out of the air.

by First Son ihateLightBox on ‎06-13-2012 04:56 PM

Are you fucking kidding me LightBox? The tank in this game is beyond oppressvie, ask any person that had been on the losing team in a Ground Pounder. All people do is use and camp with tanks. So thanks for making them even harder to fucking kill now! That really fucking helps out everyone. Jesus Christ, with this last update you have lost half of your fans, all of my firends that PLAYED Starhawk aren't going back to it until this patch is reversed. Here's shit you actually need to fix: Range on the Flak Turrets, Increase the limit of buildings, give back the Flak Guns power, make the ARM not repair tanks, don't allow the host to kick people, increase the length of cloak, and widen the limit of the maps. I want to be able to do shit freely among the outskirts of the map, without being pushed back by the boundary line.

by First Son Shanksfeare on ‎06-13-2012 05:14 PM

Quit complaining. What's wrong? Angry that you'll can't spawn-camp anymore? Poor noobs.

by Hekseville Citizen platanasos Hekseville Citizen on ‎06-13-2012 07:01 PM

no, not like warhawk but a little similar! instead of a undodgeable missile make missiles faster.take the need to press X for dodging missiles off.

by Monster Hunter goodiechewshoes Monster Hunter on ‎06-13-2012 07:02 PM

Great Update.

The game feels so much more rounded and fun.

The missiles might be a little too hard to shake, but to me it makes sense...it has deffinately made the air combat alot more fun and fast paced...and it feels good when the MAW actually hits!!!

Yeah no real complaints tho great job! and the new spawn areas are fantastic!!