WOW.. let me get this right.. im a bad sport because i hit quick join and stayed for one game with this guy who made the room and he is a level 38??? he sends me hatemail... calls me names, and obviously was trying to noob bash, but wasnt good at it... my fault right??? And now the supposed VP of gaming is calling me out and blacklisting me... LMAO my only regret is you were not in that room.
According to the post, as it read, you stayed for a 2nd game after he had explained to you (yes rudely) that the server was for new players only. Staying for that 2nd game and continuing to pound on the less skilled players for the rest of the game you were in was a bit unsportsmanlike in my opinion. That is like michael jordan going one on one with corky .
sorry for the confusion i only stayed 1 game the next map was dogfight, i went to go smoke after the first game came back and i was dead lmao... then i left,apperently this guy dosent know whats going on in his server....but if im going to get accused i wish i would have stayed now.so basically i joined for 10 minutes of one match... went to smoke and left ... i didnt even play 1 full game, and as others stated i would have left if this guy would not been such an a##h##e
i seen nothing in the rules from sony that i did anything wrong, what i stated was true and accurate and if someone does it again then i will do the same thing again, ....i don't even see the term blacklisting used.
- 1. General Rules
- While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure the site is not disrupted or abused in any way.#
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any user-generated content at any time on the site. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these rules is up to staff and not users. In addition, we reserve the right to ban (temporarily or permanently) anyone who willfully violates the board rules, as access to the site is a privilege and not a right.#
- No Abuse of SRF messaging systems (PM's, IM's, and email form)- Personal Messaging is provided to the members of the Sony Reader Forum as a service intended to enhance the Community experience. The purpose of personal messaging is to allow for discreet conversations to take place between members. This privilege is not to be abused! Solicitation, spamming, or harassment of any kind is strictly forbidden. Any member receiving an inappropriate personal message should forward that message to an Administrator or Moderator right away. Although PM's are normally only accessible by those who send and receive them, they are part of the database and as such, property of The Sony Reader Forum. An Administrator, if so inclined, could locate the Private Messages in the database and read them. They are private, but not necessarily secret. In addition, Private Messages are not intended to deprive the Community of valuable information or experiences which could benefit the entire group. Please do not use private messages if the content of the message can be helpful to others.#
- We do not allow anyone younger than 13 on this site. If you are younger than 13 then you are not allowed to become a registered member of the Sony Reader message Board.#
- 2. Forum Etiquette
- Members are not to violate the privacy of other members by publicly posting identifiable personal information about them; e.g. full names, addresses, e-mail addresses or telephone numbers. This includes reposting the contents of private messages or e-mails without the prior permission of the sender. Exceptions may include notifying a staff member of a violation through private channels such as the board private message system. #
- Members are asked not to constantly post using l33t speak, txt speak, posting in ALL CAPS in posts or topics. #
- Members are advised to not share accounts, as the owner of the account is ultimately responsible for any actions performed using their account. #
- Back seat moderating is not allowed on these boards. If you notice an issue which may be against board policy, please use the Report Post Feature located on every post and a Moderator will address the issue. Members who constantly act as moderators will be warned. #
- 3. User Contents
- Sony Reader Forum members may edit their own posts for up to 24 hours after submission. After that, the post is locked and cannot be edited. Sony Reader Forums offers a preview feature that allows you to review your message before it posts on the message board. The "Preview" button is next to the "Submit" button on the post page. Only a board moderator or administrator can delete a post. Note: Time limit does not apply to Sony Reader Forums moderators and administrators who can edit or delete posts at any time. #
- User acknowledges that any submissions (e.g., Letter to the Administrator, articles, post in forums) may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted and displayed in our Website. In addition User warrants that all moral rights in any uploaded materials have been waived. #
- All comments are the property of the respective writers. If you choose to reproduce views from our Message Boards in part or whole you MUST credit the writers and place a clearly visible link to the post on the Message Board. #
- 4. Signature Specific
- You will NOT be able to set-up a signature until after the 10th posts! No images are allowed in signatures. #
- Text sizes must not be larger than a font-size of 100%, 5 lines of text are allowed. Random text signature script counts as a single line. #
- Links in signatures are limited to 5 links and must be unique pages or sites (i.e. 5 links pointing to the same external page/site are not allowed); linked sites may not be overly commercial in nature. Subtle self-promotion is allowed in signatures. #
- Signature content must adhere to normal board rules with respect to decency. Signatures may NOT contain any of the following: Obscene, Racist, Sexually Explicit, Graven / Graphic, Offensive, Illegal or anything deemed Not family friendly. Offensive content will be removed and the user PMed or warned as necessary. #
- Signature content may be removed and/or signature permissions revoked if a user dismisses requests by staff to change or remove content. #
- 5. Avatar Specific
- User defined avatars may contain mild animation. But must not be flashy or attract attention with the animation. #
- Avatars must NOT contain an image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status on this site or forums (such a mimicking ranks or copying avatars of staff). #
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, and so forth. Avatars may NOT contain any of the following: Obscene, Racist, Sexually Explicit, Graven / Graphic, Offensive, Illegal or anything deemed Not family friendly. Offensive Avatars will be removed and the user PMed or warned as necessary.#
- Avatars may be removed and/or avatar permissions revoked if a user dismisses requests by staff to change or remove content. #
- 6. Spamming
- For Authors & Sony Reader Product vendors - We ask that you not excessively advertise here at Sony Reader Forum. Excessive advertising goes beyond casually mentioning your site and into the realm of cramming your site down the throats of others. Posting new topics regarding your site and sending other members unsolicited Private Messages regarding your site is considered excessive advertising and will not be tolerated. Authors, please feel free to advertise your book in the Authors Boudoir Forum. Vendors, please feel free to post your product in the PRS Accessories Forum.#
- If you don't fall under spamming rule #1 - Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. #
- Competing Sites - The internet is a big place, and it's no surprise that from time to time a site will come along whose mission is to occupy the same niche as SRF. We have no issue with that. However, it would be against our best interests, and therefore the best interests of our members, for us to allow such sites to build upon our popularity by promoting themselves on SRF. Therefore, no competing site may attempt to gain traffic from SRF in any way, including but not limited to, links in posts, signatures, profile information, PM's, emails, or IM's.#
- 7. Minor_level Offenses
- Minor Spamming contains but is not limited to: posting +1 posts; quoting members without saying anything; one word answers like "lol" and "this". If you happen to agree with someone, try to do more than just quote them. #
- While we understand that sometimes a member may want to bump a topic or need to quickly make a reply regarding something they just wrote, we ask that members refrain from triple-posting and beyond. If you need to say something beyond your double post, please edit what you need to post into your second post instead of making another reply.#
- 8. Mid_level Offenses
- Members are not allowed to flame other members or groups of members. Flaming includes, but is not limited to: Ridiculing, insulting, or demeaning another member or group of members, such behavior will not be tolerated and may lead to a warning and the offending posts removed or the topic locked. #
- Members are not allowed to troll other members. Trolling is an attempt to anger and provoke another member. Such behavior may lead to a warning and offending posts removed or topic locked. #
- Members are asked to refrain from posting inappropriate content, such as pornography, excessive gore, racist material, or information regarding acts deemed illegal by international law. Additionally, please keep in mind that minors also frequent this site; think before you post anything that they should not see. #
- Sony Reader Forum does not support any act of racism, and as such it is expected that all members will not post text, images, or links of a racist nature. #
- Members are not to harass or abuse other members in topics, private messages, signatures, avatars or profiles. This includes stalking other members, both online and in real life. Such behavior will lead to a warning or a ban. #
- Members are not to create alternate accounts (sometimes referred to as "alts" or "dupes") on the site unless given prior written approval from an administrator via Private Message. If an alternate account is discovered at any time, the alternate account will be immediately permanently banned, the user's primary account will be given a warning for creating alternate accounts, and any actions taken using the alternate account will have their consequences transfer to the user's primary account. #
- Please do not post links on removal of Digital Rights Media (DRM) scripts. It's illegal and will be deleted immediately. Do not post instructions on how to remove DRM. For now stripping DRM is a violation of copyright according to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Speaking of DRM in general terms is okay. Any other topics that contain illegal content will also be removed.#
- 9. High_level Offenses
- Members are not to commit the act of "phishing" ("Phishing" is defined as the act of obtaining or attempting to obtain another member's log in data). As "phishing" can be considered an illegal act, it may warrant notification being sent to the offender's ISP in addition to other actions being taken. #
- Members are not to heavily spam the board. (Heavy spamming is defined as, but not limited to, the following: repeatedly posting posts without text; repeatedly making the same post.) #
- Hacking, which includes without limitation, accessing unauthorized portions of the website, accessing unauthorized portions of the web server, accessing protected data, bypassing security measures, etc; is not allowed and is illegal is the United States of America, where the website is hosted. Individuals committing this act will have their ISP contacted and a civil suit may be opened up to seek damages. #
- Sending high amount requests to the server for the purpose of, without limitation, slowing it down, preventing users from using it, etc; is illegal, as it is a form of attacking the server and the network the server is hosted in. Individuals will be turned into their ISP and will civil litigation may follow to seek damages caused by the downtime. #
- Raids, defined as a coordinated attack at posting large amounts of spam, are not allowed. This includes both coordinating a raid on our site, and taking part in a raid against our site. Any violation will lead to a permanent ban without question.#
- 10. Warning & Ban Policy
- If a member breaches a minor board rule, they will be issued an alert via Private Message by a staff member. This is not counted toward the official warning count of the member. #
- If the member continues to breach the SAME Forum Rule, an official Warning will be issued by a Moderator. #
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three warnings a suspension (temporary ban) will be put in place. #
- Any attempt to circumvent a suspension (temporary ban) will lead to that ban being made permanent. #
- Members who feel they have been unfairly warned are encouraged to contact an Administrator. #
- Four warnings within 90 days will constitute an immediate permanent ban; warnings will expire after 90 days. #
It might help if you were actually looking at the rules for the PS Forums and not the
copied fron ps forun rules of conduct:
Accuse others of cheating, glitching, or other malicious/offensive actions. We refer to this as “blacklisting” or “naming and shaming”. If you think that someone is violating the Terms of Service or the Rules of Conduct in some way, report them through the games title itself (if you can) or through the Knowledge Center. Please refrain from reporting In-Game infractions in these forums
there ya go mr. rule book
in process of bringing this issue (along with the gang type behavior of the forum) to sony attention, if i ask something rudely i'm told it was wrong, if i missspell something it's made fun of, if i try my best and be a nice guy people do make comments to troll my thread. with all this said when i do it people point it out, when i piojnt it out about others then their forum friends (like a gang) defend them. If my use of the word dweeb is an excuss for your actions then be so, if this thread prevents you from doing it again to others, Success has been made, i did not write the thread to band you from anything it was wrote to get you to stop so if you stop the thread being right or wrong has acheived it's purpose. if what you say is true i'm sure the specs of the game are stored somewhere, yet not kept long, regardless my attempt to contact sony is below sent by e-mail to sony.
I need to know where to file a complaint to sony about the sony forums, this copmplaint is based on a bias community gang, I am 48 years old and this is my very first time in a forum on-line communication of any kind and i am finding the forum communities play mental games and hang out together backing each other much like a gang related street thugs, i want an E-mail address so this issue can surface and be dealt with.
This is definitely not how this should be handled. It's a forum, this is how they work..... Im not trying to be a jerk to this guy at all, I actually understand his frustration. But if you can't handle the heat... get out of the kitchen.
i create a game (newbies have fun) the game list message is (new players only please) about 16 of us are playing and i'm the highest level (38) and playing split screen with my son, i'm not trying to win trying to let everyone have fun, (MKT-1980_get) level 50 shows up--i get worried then he grabs the flag runs around with it so i see he understands the reason for the game, thanks 1980.
Then from the BOW2 Clan /// KVILLEKING level 50 comes in and starts taking over the game most of the newbies are discouraged so i send this guy a message---dweeb, this is a new players game give them a chance---he responds your a level 38--at this point i have 1 kill and have died 14 times, he had 25 kills and no deaths so i send---look at my kills and deaths and look at yours--his response, was silence and at the end of the game he had 35 kills and 2 deaths, he stayed for the next game and same thing finally he left but he did stay for 2----- 30 minute plays and ruled the air and ground while he played i have one of many words for him////what a dweeb////// BOW2 if this is how you operate then i have lost what respect i did have for your clan.
You are right that what the player you named did was poor sportsmanship since they stayed after you told them what the room was for. However I don't think you should be calling out specific screennames here as sony typically consdiers that "blacklisting". Also when you do message someone to tell them they shouldn't be in a specific room don't denegrate them (dweeb) in the message just expalin it to them.
Next time you have a problem with a specific player this is what you do. You send them a message explaining what is going on like you did and then if they don't leave just use the host-kick feature and kick them (I would send a message first saying "since you didn't leave and aren't following the ethos of this server I'm kicking you, if you come back I'll re-kick you after the 2 minutes is up so please just go play in a server more suited to your skill level.")
I have some experiences with some clans/players in-game you might find interesting if you want to hear the stories PM me.
Yeah def PM Plymco, he knows a thing or two about unwarrented grievances.