May 16 2010
By: supernerdy Splicer 89 posts

battlefront pc

6 replies 11 views Edited May 16, 2010

I've played 1 and 2 for my xbox and I was wondering if anyone played on the pc version because I might be interested in buying it for the Pc.   And also do they have any special maps or campaigns that are different from the xbox version?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Re: battlefront pc

Jun 13, 2010

Get the PC version. You'll pee your pants in utter glee when you see it, especially if you have a good system.  In fact, I think you'll actually do a handstand and fountain pee for hours in mirthful bliss. They have updates for them that you can download, the graphics are WAY better, there are more options in the option menus for customization, new game modes, up to 32 vs. 32 instead of 16 vs. 16, and best of all... Pandemic released a mod toolkit from which fans have created professional quality downloadable content such as... New levels; new vehicles; new characters, new playable eras (Knights of the Old Republic); New weapons; etc, etc, etc...

At first I was skeptical about player-made content, but when I finally checked it out I was truly impressed. If Battlefront 3 never comes out then this is your Battlefront 3 right here. (http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/)

It all runs best on Windows XP but you can tweak Vista or 7 to make it work right.

And lastly, just get BF2 on PC. You can actually download and install all of the missing levels from the first game and run them on the second.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
912 posts

Jun 14, 2010

wow im thinking of buying a new PC now!

rush_27
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Jun 14, 2010

rush_27 wrote:

wow im thinking of buying a new PC now!

Do it. If you pick up a PC that can run it then you won't be let down. There are even debug menus you can download that allow you to make all troops fly, or even better... turn off award weapons. If you like the one-player part of the game then award weapons can in some cases spoil the fun. Or on the other hand, with cases like the useless beam rifle, you can go back to using a functional weapon. That beam rifle is like trading in your lightsaber for a pair of chopsticks. I just never liked the thing and was so happy when I learned I could turn it off.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
912 posts

Jun 14, 2010

you just had to learn how to aim it it was a little high or low i cant remember but it was a one shot kill every time i got a hit. but ayways i might upgrade my old pc since i cant really throw like a thousand bucks into a nice computer.

rush_27
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jun 16, 2010

Ok, thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (11 Views)
0 Likes