Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4950 posts

Re: skate > tony hawk

May 6, 2010

BlueIce5249 wrote:

jma1024 wrote:

the skateboarding genre is not dead EA is saving it with Skate i agree Skate beats any tony hawk game easily and saying its repetitive well COD bad company those games are complete repeats of the game before it your in a war kill the enemy do the objective dont get racing games are the same every time beat the opponent do challenges mario games repeat kill bowser go thru the worlds see what in getting at you cant use that arguement that skating games are repetitive because a lot of games are like that

It depends on what you're comparing. COD games are not even close to all the same, neither are all Battlefield games. COD WAW is COMPLETELY different than MW and MW2. Battlefield 1942 is COMPLETELY different than Bad Company. You can change the weapons, game types, and focus of a shooting genre game. You can change the tracks, cars, engines, and even the overall focus of a racing game. But skateboarding games are ALL the same. The only real different between skateboarding games are graphics and controls. That's it!

I'm just sayin all skateboarding games are the same. If you compare what Skate and TH is now to what it was when TH first started, the skateboarding games are BEYOND dead. When TH was big, EVERYONE had it and played it. There wasn't a gamer I knew that didn't have TH. And now? I don't know ONE person with Skate or TH. I RARELY hear anything about them, and the excitement surrounding the entire skateboarding genre is just nowhere near what it was.

skating online is alot of fun, obviously u dont like the skating genre, but that hardly means that others feel the same way, or else there wouldnt be a skate 3, and there wouldnt still be mad people online on skate 2......

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (32 Views)
Fender Bender
3393 posts

May 6, 2010

The Tony Hawk series is still one of the best and most memorable series I ever played. I loved the story in Tony Hawks Underground but, it started getting ridiculous after Tony Hawks Underground. Underground 2 was just basically messing around and despite having fun with the game... it got boring quick. Tony Hawks American Wasteland was fun but, the story got stupid at times. I felt that the beginning and end was alright(when it comes to T.H.A.W) but, was the story was pointless most of the times and the skating was not improved much.

Tony Hawks Project 8 felt fresh at first but, later started getting stupid. Doing random goals to earn "Stokens" and make it in project 8? Not too fun but, the game play felt alright. Tony Hawks Proving Ground had really good ideas but, for some reason came short of what I though would be a better game but, Again. The core story was there... A good start and a good end but, in between it felt pointless. I remember at one point I had to collect like 30 museum pieces in 5:00 minutes. What was the point of that?

To be honest I didn't feel like buying the new one(Tony Hawk Ride) because I felt it was no big deal. I just wanted another good Tony Hawk game with a good story.

You can't really compare these games cause Skate is a simulation game and Tony Hawks is an arcade game. When I first played Skate it felt fresh. It felt like a brand new skating game and it was really fun. I went back and forth with Hawk and Skate but, eventually we go Skate 2. I actually reserved Skate 2 but, despite the game being good, I didn't get the same "wow" feeling after playing the first Skate. Skate 2 felt like an 8 out of 10 game in my opinion.

I played the Skate 3 demo, I own the Skate 3 demo. I played a few times and I was not impressed. I wasn't disappointed either but, I didn't feel they made big improvements. Sure Skate started off with good idea but, its started to get allitle stale(already) so I believe they should improve the story line and make it more realistic. Sure breaking bones for thrasher feels like a good mini game but, Personally I prefer a skating game about a skater trying to make it big in skating. The first skate kind of did that but, with no personality so if they want to continue a story then it should be about maintaining your spot at the top of the "skating mountain".

I can respectfully say that Skate 3 is just minor improvements and dark slides and a few new features. I will  buy this game but, not for $60. If a game deserves $60 it needs more than what was included in Skate 3 but, thats only me. Anyone who just wants a good skate sim I say pick up Skate 3 with out hesitaion but, its not like they couldn't include the features they did in DLC pack.

Again, I'm not trash talking Skate 3 but, to me it don't feel like it has the features and stuff I want out of a new game. Still regardless of how good Skate 3 will be, With out a doubt  it will be a solid game.

Its funny but, I don't feel like game play is the problem with the Skate or Tony Hawk series. Its more of what is included(features, story some multilayer). I could care less of multilayer if it were not for a good story and or single player.

In the end, I don't think you can compare the Hawk series and Skate series because Skate is a simulation game and Tony Hawk is an arcade game. I know alot of Hawk fans tunred to Skate and forgot about the Tony Hawk series but, its about what they wanted. They wanted simulation and felt that was the way to go. I like this cause it only makes games step up there game. Competition is always good an you can see the The Tony Hawk game is trying new things now. Sure the Tony Hawk Ride thing didn't work but, at lease they're trying new things. Competition is always good. Look at Madden... no competition, no improvement(and I have videos that clearly point that out).

I will buy the next Tony Hawk or Skate game depending on what they're giving me.  I like either game.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19011 posts

May 7, 2010

MuttDawg509 wrote:

BlueIce5249 wrote:

jma1024 wrote:

the skateboarding genre is not dead EA is saving it with Skate i agree Skate beats any tony hawk game easily and saying its repetitive well COD bad company those games are complete repeats of the game before it your in a war kill the enemy do the objective dont get racing games are the same every time beat the opponent do challenges mario games repeat kill bowser go thru the worlds see what in getting at you cant use that arguement that skating games are repetitive because a lot of games are like that

It depends on what you're comparing. COD games are not even close to all the same, neither are all Battlefield games. COD WAW is COMPLETELY different than MW and MW2. Battlefield 1942 is COMPLETELY different than Bad Company. You can change the weapons, game types, and focus of a shooting genre game. You can change the tracks, cars, engines, and even the overall focus of a racing game. But skateboarding games are ALL the same. The only real different between skateboarding games are graphics and controls. That's it!

I'm just sayin all skateboarding games are the same. If you compare what Skate and TH is now to what it was when TH first started, the skateboarding games are BEYOND dead. When TH was big, EVERYONE had it and played it. There wasn't a gamer I knew that didn't have TH. And now? I don't know ONE person with Skate or TH. I RARELY hear anything about them, and the excitement surrounding the entire skateboarding genre is just nowhere near what it was.

skating online is alot of fun, obviously u dont like the skating genre, but that hardly means that others feel the same way, or else there wouldnt be a skate 3, and there wouldnt still be mad people online on skate 2......

I love the skating genre game. But like I said earlier and the poster above me said the games got boring and repetitive. You can only do the same thing so many times until youre just improving the graphics and changing the story a little bit.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

May 7, 2010

I love Skate 2. I'm uploading a video from the Mega Compound right now! But dang, method man is too good to beat! MAN!

When the rich wage war it's the poor who die.
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - LilDragon3
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (32 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1349 posts

May 8, 2010

LOL... I picked up Tony Hawk American Wasteland at the game store yesterday. That was one of my most played PS2 games along with Underground (The best Hawk game to date imo.).

eagles1990 wrote:No Philly team. Will not watch....
osusoonerdave24 wrote:Gimme a break.... who cares where these hotties are from. I'll watch it. I don't care if they from China, as long as they're hot.
MikeGrim wrote:Exactly. Stop being a homer and watch the hot women.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3393 posts

May 15, 2010
Yeah some people didn't like THAW as much but, I had a great time with with and its one of the few games i beat 3 times.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (32 Views)
First Son
5 posts

May 17, 2010

Skate 3 has a good bit more to offer than whats mentioned. In previous games you were trying to get sponsored, now you are the company and you sponsor skaters. Also the whole create a park thing was totally revamped and fleshed out giving you a ton more creative license with your parks. You now can create your own custom skate team as well as add your friends.You skate in a new city now and its not like the same tired areas from the last two games also. skate3 has a lot to offer and I own the game and when I went to buy it I was worried it may be more of the same for $60 but I sure was glad it wasn't after I got home and played it. The game does feel more fresh and for me running a skate co/team is a lot of fun, more so that just free skating online. Adding your parks online for others to try and comment on is fun too, it helps you build bigger better areas and can earn you bragging rights.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (32 Views)
0 Likes