Reply
May 03 2010
By: MuttDawg509 Treasure Hunter 4950 posts
Offline

skate > tony hawk

16 replies 36 views Edited May 3, 2010

by a longshot, so can we get a skate forum up in here? or atleast change the tony hawk forum to a skateboarding forum.......

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (36 Views)
Reply
Big Daddy
Registered: 10/09/2004
Offline
19011 posts
 

Re: skate > tony hawk

May 3, 2010
Skating games have pretty much died off fro what they used to be IMO. You can only change so much before it's repetitive. Even with Tony Hawks skate board thing it hasn't caught on.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/19/2007
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: skate > tony hawk

May 3, 2010
Yeah I haven't played a skateboard game since TH on the PSOne, where I spent about 1,000,000 hours

This skate 3 demo is pretty slick though, ice, I suggest you check it out.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/19/2008
Offline
4950 posts
 

Re: skate > tony hawk

May 3, 2010

BlueIce5249 wrote:
Skating games have pretty much died off fro what they used to be IMO. You can only change so much before it's repetitive. Even with Tony Hawks skate board thing it hasn't caught on.

trust me when I say that EA black box breathed new life in what seemed to be a dead video game genre, it's alot more realistic than tony hawk, instead of doing some stupid trick to blow up a bridge (or whatever else stupid crap they have, I remember one u could get off your board and play baseball withh ghosts) u just do tricks, and lines over spots, and do skateboard mag photo shoots, and other stuff, I seriously suggest these games for anyone who used to like tony hawk (or still do for the die hard fans) there is demos in the ps store for all 3 skate games, and right now u can pick up skate 2 just about anywhere for $20

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/14/2008
Offline
1274 posts
 

Re: skate > tony hawk

May 3, 2010
I really need a skate series forum.
********************
I beat demon's souls
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 10/09/2004
Offline
19011 posts
 

Re: skate > tony hawk

May 4, 2010

 


MuttDawg509 wrote:

BlueIce5249 wrote:
Skating games have pretty much died off fro what they used to be IMO. You can only change so much before it's repetitive. Even with Tony Hawks skate board thing it hasn't caught on.

trust me when I say that EA black box breathed new life in what seemed to be a dead video game genre, it's alot more realistic than tony hawk, instead of doing some stupid trick to blow up a bridge (or whatever else stupid crap they have, I remember one u could get off your board and play baseball withh ghosts) u just do tricks, and lines over spots, and do skateboard mag photo shoots, and other stuff, I seriously suggest these games for anyone who used to like tony hawk (or still do for the die hard fans) there is demos in the ps store for all 3 skate games, and right now u can pick up skate 2 just about anywhere for $20


The skateboarding genre will NEVER be what it once was, for all intensive purposes, it's dead. EA didn't bring it back, EA prolonged the inevitable death. If I want to play a game like old shool tony hawk, I'll hook up the PS and play it. I'm not gonna go buy a game that's basically a PS1 game with better graphics.

 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/19/2008
Offline
4950 posts
 

Re: skate > tony hawk

May 4, 2010

BlueIce5249 wrote:

 


MuttDawg509 wrote:

BlueIce5249 wrote:
Skating games have pretty much died off fro what they used to be IMO. You can only change so much before it's repetitive. Even with Tony Hawks skate board thing it hasn't caught on.

trust me when I say that EA black box breathed new life in what seemed to be a dead video game genre, it's alot more realistic than tony hawk, instead of doing some stupid trick to blow up a bridge (or whatever else stupid crap they have, I remember one u could get off your board and play baseball withh ghosts) u just do tricks, and lines over spots, and do skateboard mag photo shoots, and other stuff, I seriously suggest these games for anyone who used to like tony hawk (or still do for the die hard fans) there is demos in the ps store for all 3 skate games, and right now u can pick up skate 2 just about anywhere for $20


The skateboarding genre will NEVER be what it once was, for all intensive purposes, it's dead. EA didn't bring it back, EA prolonged the inevitable death. If I want to play a game like old shool tony hawk, I'll hook up the PS and play it. I'm not gonna go buy a game that's basically a PS1 game with better graphics.

 


so I'm gonna go ahead and assume that u have played any of the skate games then, because thats the only way u can judge a game the way u are..... if u haven't then do u know how stupid it looks to say a game sucks when u have NEVER even tried it?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 10/09/2004
Offline
19011 posts
 

Re: skate > tony hawk

May 4, 2010

 


MuttDawg509 wrote:

BlueIce5249 wrote:

 


MuttDawg509 wrote:

BlueIce5249 wrote:
Skating games have pretty much died off fro what they used to be IMO. You can only change so much before it's repetitive. Even with Tony Hawks skate board thing it hasn't caught on.

trust me when I say that EA black box breathed new life in what seemed to be a dead video game genre, it's alot more realistic than tony hawk, instead of doing some stupid trick to blow up a bridge (or whatever else stupid crap they have, I remember one u could get off your board and play baseball withh ghosts) u just do tricks, and lines over spots, and do skateboard mag photo shoots, and other stuff, I seriously suggest these games for anyone who used to like tony hawk (or still do for the die hard fans) there is demos in the ps store for all 3 skate games, and right now u can pick up skate 2 just about anywhere for $20


The skateboarding genre will NEVER be what it once was, for all intensive purposes, it's dead. EA didn't bring it back, EA prolonged the inevitable death. If I want to play a game like old shool tony hawk, I'll hook up the PS and play it. I'm not gonna go buy a game that's basically a PS1 game with better graphics.

 


so I'm gonna go ahead and assume that u have played any of the skate games then, because thats the only way u can judge a game the way u are..... if u haven't then do u know how stupid it looks to say a game sucks when u have NEVER even tried it?


Your assumption would be correct.

 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/10/2009
Offline
4933 posts
 

Re: skate > tony hawk

May 4, 2010

the skateboarding genre is not dead EA is saving it with Skate i agree Skate beats any tony hawk game easily and saying its repetitive well COD bad company those games are complete repeats of the game before it your in a war kill the enemy do the objective dont get racing games are the same every time beat the opponent do challenges mario games repeat kill bowser go thru the worlds see what in getting at you cant use that arguement that skating games are repetitive because a lot of games are like that

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 10/09/2004
Offline
19011 posts
 

Re: skate > tony hawk

May 5, 2010

 


jma1024 wrote:

the skateboarding genre is not dead EA is saving it with Skate i agree Skate beats any tony hawk game easily and saying its repetitive well COD bad company those games are complete repeats of the game before it your in a war kill the enemy do the objective dont get racing games are the same every time beat the opponent do challenges mario games repeat kill bowser go thru the worlds see what in getting at you cant use that arguement that skating games are repetitive because a lot of games are like that


 

It depends on what you're comparing. COD games are not even close to all the same, neither are all Battlefield games. COD WAW is COMPLETELY different than MW and MW2. Battlefield 1942 is COMPLETELY different than Bad Company. You can change the weapons, game types, and focus of a shooting genre game. You can change the tracks, cars, engines, and even the overall focus of a racing game. But skateboarding games are ALL the same. The only real different between skateboarding games are graphics and controls. That's it!


I'm just sayin all skateboarding games are the same. If you compare what Skate and TH is now to what it was when TH first started, the skateboarding games are BEYOND dead. When TH was big, EVERYONE had it and played it. There wasn't a gamer I knew that didn't have TH. And now? I don't know ONE person with Skate or TH. I RARELY hear anything about them, and the excitement surrounding the entire skateboarding genre is just nowhere near what it was.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes