Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
616 posts

Re: lebron spoelstra bump

Dec 2, 2010

SnuggleBear3 wrote:

BlueIce5249 wrote:
The whole arena will be chanting this. I think they're actually handing out "chant sheets" at the game.

Didnt the NBA ban a lot of things for the game tomorrow?

Apparently they banned "anti-LeBron clothing".

PS3 owner since 12/7/06 | G.A.P member since 2004
PLAY B3YOND
Message 71 of 138 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Dec 2, 2010

Lebron better throw the powder in the air like he always do....thats what i wanna see and Wade said if Lebron don't it he will....I would love to see that also

Message 72 of 138 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
616 posts

Dec 2, 2010

J_Rell3 wrote:

Lebron better throw the powder in the air like he always do....thats what i wanna see and Wade said if Lebron don't it he will....I would love to see that also

I'm kinda curious to see if he will.

PS3 owner since 12/7/06 | G.A.P member since 2004
PLAY B3YOND
Message 73 of 138 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Dec 2, 2010

I don't know if chants are epic or just pathetic... I mean, on the one hand they are kind of funny. On the other it makes Cavs fans look like a jealous ex like the ones on youtube blowing up their ex's cars or flooding their house.

I hope they don't go too far, to be honest. The city doesn't have a great rep as it is and if they go too far or let this vendetta drag on too long (has ANYONE ever heard of this much of collaboration and planning going into heckling a player who left before?) the city might never see another good player come through their city (unless the player is drafted there but they'll likely jet asap too) for a long, long time.

PSN: TheGrimTruth
Message 74 of 138 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Dec 2, 2010

MikeGrim wrote:

I don't know if chants are epic or just pathetic... I mean, on the one hand they are kind of funny. On the other it makes Cavs fans look like a jealous ex like the ones on youtube blowing up their ex's cars or flooding their house.

lol thats exactly what I think of Cavs fans and the Cavs owner....It comes a point in life when they have to let it go and move on.

Message 75 of 138 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Dec 2, 2010

J_Rell3 wrote:

MikeGrim wrote:

lol thats exactly what I think of Cavs fans and the Cavs owner....It comes a point in life when they have to let it go and move on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mhuDQcXd64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-TTtAPkttI

Even though I love the first one and think it's HI-larious!

Message 76 of 138 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Dec 2, 2010

J_Rell3 wrote:

MikeGrim wrote:

you're right. but i'll go ahead and tell you that they're not even close to reaching that point yet.

Message 77 of 138 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Dec 2, 2010

XrobX wrote:

J_Rell3 wrote:

MikeGrim wrote:

you're right. but i'll go ahead and tell you that they're not even close to reaching that point yet.

lol, definitely not. I figure that this season will be bad but next season they'll move on to the more traditional boos and that'll likely last until he retires or leaves Miami.

Side note: The "Scottie Pippen" chant is confusing... I mean, why are Cleveland fans heckling Wade too? (Statistically I'm not wrong, lol).

Message 78 of 138 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19011 posts

Dec 2, 2010

MikeGrim wrote:

I hope they don't go too far, to be honest. The city doesn't have a great rep as it is and if they go too far or let this vendetta drag on too long (has ANYONE ever heard of this much of collaboration and planning going into heckling a player who left before?) the city might never see another good player come through their city (unless the player is drafted there but they'll likely jet asap too) for a long, long time.

This post is what is pathetic. You can't compare this to other players leaving before. What Lebron did has NEVER been done before in the history of sports on any level and in any country. No player has EVER gone on national TV to stab their hometown city in the back. What it comes down to is Cleveland and Miami are now rivals, have you EVER been to a sporting event with 2 rivals? 

To be totally honest, Cleveland is mostly over all this. These were made up by a small group of fans, the news got hold of it, and it blew up because they're funny without being classless. The media is really creating all this. Yeah, it'll be a bit rowdy tomorrow and people will talk. But I can guarantee you that come this weekend, win or lose, it's all Browns from there. 

If you go to ANY sports bar around Cleveland, people are talking about the how good the Browns are doing. Nobody cares about Lebron, the heat, or even the Cavs. Anybody that has EVER been to Cleveland will tell you, this city cares about one thing and one thing ONLY.....the Browns. Hell, almost any Pittsburgh fan could probably tell you that too. Cleveland would GLADLY trade a championship basketball team for a playoff football team.

As for the "Cleveland might never see another good player come through the city". Really? Look at this years Browns, theres a TON of good players. Some drafted, some traded, some free agents. Hillis, Cribbs (Even though he's sucked this year), Thomas, Steinbach, Mack, Roth, Ward, Haden, Brown, etc. And that's just the Browns. Players will still come here, especially for the Browns. And that's all that matters.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 79 of 138 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Dec 2, 2010

BlueIce5249 wrote:

MikeGrim wrote:

This post is what is pathetic. You can't compare this to other players leaving before. What Lebron did has NEVER been done before in the history of sports on any level and in any country. No player has EVER gone on national TV to stab their hometown city in the back. What it comes down to is Cleveland and Miami are now rivals, have you EVER been to a sporting event with 2 rivals? 

To be totally honest, Cleveland is mostly over all this. These were made up by a small group of fans, the news got hold of it, and it blew up because they're funny without being classless. The media is really creating all this. Yeah, it'll be a bit rowdy tomorrow and people will talk. But I can guarantee you that come this weekend, win or lose, it's all Browns from there. 

If you go to ANY sports bar around Cleveland, people are talking about the how good the Browns are doing. Nobody cares about Lebron, the heat, or even the Cavs. Anybody that has EVER been to Cleveland will tell you, this city cares about one thing and one thing ONLY.....the Browns. Hell, almost any Pittsburgh fan could probably tell you that too. Cleveland would GLADLY trade a championship basketball team for a playoff football team.

As for the "Cleveland might never see another good player come through the city". Really? Look at this years Browns, theres a TON of good players. Some drafted, some traded, some free agents. Hillis, Cribbs (Even though he's sucked this year), Thomas, Steinbach, Mack, Roth, Ward, Haden, Brown, etc. And that's just the Browns. Players will still come here, especially for the Browns. And that's all that matters.

"This post is what is pathetic."
No, you...?

"have you EVER been to a sporting event with 2 rivals?"
Many, many, many times.

Maybe I should have been more specific. Cleveland won't see another really good player who is known to be really good (eliminating Hillis) willingly come through their city (not by trade or draft)... And of course I was speaking about the Cavs mostly but how often do top level players choose to sign with the Browns? I mean, the teams best player this season (arguably Hillis) was traded by a team who thought he was an average player with a low ceiling... Doesn't prove your point.

Message 80 of 138 (9 Views)
0 Likes