Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 21 2004
By: yeahyeahyeah~ Splicer 80 posts

does ea pay to say reserve madden or is just a fanboy thing?

8 replies 2 views Edited Jul 21, 2004
i walk in (ebstore) and the guys that work in the store keep saying do you want to reserve madden 2005 to everybody that buys something lol

Also i have that sweepstakes thing that came with espn 2k5......does anybody know where do i submit at?????

Message Edited by yeah yeah yeah on 07-21-2004 04:09 PM

Message 1 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10900 posts

Re: does ea pay to say reserve madden or is just a fanboy thing?

Jul 22, 2004

yeah yeah yeah wrote:
i walk in (ebstore) and the guys that work in the store keep saying do you want to reserve madden 2005 to everybody that buys something lol
Also i have that sweepstakes thing that came with espn 2k5......does anybody know where do i submit at?????

lol thats like when I called EB today, the guy spit something to me real quick about Spiderman 2, but I had no idea what he was talking about and just went on with asking my question... the thing I hate the most is when they try to make you buy the game guide when you dont want it
Message 2 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Jul 22, 2004
It's nothing guys. It's just have to do that kind of thing. Plus it helps them keep their jobs if you reserve the games. Another reason they do it, it's because they're looking out for you. They ask you to reserve, because they want to get the game on time with the release, they can also get more games delivered there, because of the high numbers or reservations. More importantly...the publishers look at how high the interest is in any game by going to retailers and asking them for reservation numbers and interest.

And more importantly, so that when you go to the store you can be one of those people that has the game and doesn't have to hear...."We sold all the public ones and we only have reserves, come back (insert day here)."

Another reason is that some games you can only get through reservation; I.E. - Madden Collector's Edtion, Halo 2 Limited Edition, Growlancer Limitied Ed. Plus then you got the stuff that they give to people that do reserve like; collector's Art Books, Mini-Game guides, T-Shirts,  exclusive demos, toys, magazines, feature cd's, etc.

Sooner or later you'll see that they'll only sell games to people that reserve and not to people that just come to pick it up.
Message 3 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10900 posts

Jul 22, 2004

face_kickr wrote:
It's nothing guys. It's just have to do that kind of thing. Plus it helps them keep their jobs if you reserve the games. Another reason they do it, it's because they're looking out for you. They ask you to reserve, because they want to get the game on time with the release, they can also get more games delivered there, because of the high numbers or reservations. More importantly...the publishers look at how high the interest is in any game by going to retailers and asking them for reservation numbers and interest.
And more importantly, so that when you go to the store you can be one of those people that has the game and doesn't have to hear...."We sold all the public ones and we only have reserves, come back (insert day here)."
Another reason is that some games you can only get through reservation; I.E. - Madden Collector's Edtion, Halo 2 Limited Edition, Growlancer Limitied Ed. Plus then you got the stuff that they give to people that do reserve like; collector's Art Books, Mini-Game guides, T-Shirts, exclusive demos, toys, magazines, feature cd's, etc.
Sooner or later you'll see that they'll only sell games to people that reserve and not to people that just come to pick it up.

Yea... it seems the people there really like reserves... the guy I was talking to about ESPN NFL 2K5, when i asked if he thought they would have any tommorow, he goes "Idk man, more people should have reserved it"
Message 4 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Jul 22, 2004

,yeah yeah yeah wrote:

eb told me today that they will have madden 4 days early on august 10th for pre-orders. it doesn't come out until the 14th. eb gets paid to push games and their consoles, so ea might be paying them in this case. especially when they have to compete w/$20 first week sales tag on espn.

Currently playing on PS3: MGS4, Uncharted, Resistance, GT5 Prologue, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Socom: Confrontation, MLB The Show 09, Killzone 2, HVB, MK2, Jeopardy, SSHD, Street Fighter Alpha, Mega Man 9
Message 5 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1992 posts

Jul 22, 2004
I believe they get paid to say it. When I called up Gamespot today they went on about reserving Madden before I even said anything. They don't push you to get it though. Atleast where I go to Gamestop the guy was telling me how ESPN 2K5 won game of the year over Madden 2005.
Message 6 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4790 posts

Jul 22, 2004

face_kickr wrote:
Another reason is that some games you can only get through reservation; I.E. - Madden Collector's Edtion, Halo 2 Limited Edition, Growlancer Limitied Ed. Plus then you got the stuff that they give to people that do reserve like; collector's Art Books, Mini-Game guides, T-Shirts, exclusive demos, toys, magazines, feature cd's, etc.

oh crap, you can only get that through pre-order? Please tell me you're joking
Message 7 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Jul 22, 2004

,david1303 wrote:

,face_kickr wrote:

Another reason is that some games you can only get through reservation; I.E. - Madden Collector's Edtion,

oh crap, you can only get that through pre-order? Please tell me you're joking
i never heard that one, but if so then pre-order yours really soon. last year they took my pre-order the day before they got it early. also, at eb yesterday the employee told me they should be able to fill pre-orders only on the 10th of august, instead of the release date of the 14th.

Currently playing on PS3: MGS4, Uncharted, Resistance, GT5 Prologue, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Socom: Confrontation, MLB The Show 09, Killzone 2, HVB, MK2, Jeopardy, SSHD, Street Fighter Alpha, Mega Man 9
Message 8 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Jul 23, 2004
Yeah....the dudes at the game stores around here are saying that Madden Coll. Edt. is only through reservations. So I just put $10 on it today; that way I know I'm guaranteed one...plus the dude at game store gave the Sly Cooper 2 demo for reserving the game....Kinda odd...Sly has nothing to with Madden...never the less...it's a cool demo .

Message Edited by face_kickr on 07-22-2004 09:40 PM

Message 9 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes