Keyblade Wielder
10210 posts

Re: Whats next for the Detroit Pistons?

Jun 4, 2008
Pistons need to figure out what's wrong with their gameplay that's keeping them from getting out the ECF.  They're good in the regular season, but playoff time, they shut down

Give me Kudos, or give me death!
Message 11 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1138 posts

Jun 4, 2008
The funny thing about the Pistons is that as far as starters go, they are basically the same team they were when they won the championship against the Lakers. Granted Mcdyess is no Ben Wallace when Ben was in his prime, but as far as the people who played 75-80% of the games, the players are still the same.
"It's not about the one you can live with, but rather the one you can't live without."
Message 12 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21866 posts

Jun 4, 2008

offdah3z wrote:
Pistons need to figure out what's wrong with their gameplay that's keeping them from getting out the ECF.  They're good in the regular season, but playoff time, they shut down

I think it's pretty easy to figure out: They think they're better than their opponents in the playoffs, and play easy. Last year after the Cavs series, Billups CONTINUED to say, "We're still a better team than they are," even after they had dropped four straight to the Cavs. They have a propensity to play lackadaisically when they need to play with passion. They have the talent, but you can't just "turn it on" whenever you want.

As for where they go? I like their young guys a lot. Maxiell and Stuckey are going to be very good. Prince is still young, Hamliton is under 30, and Billups is 31. They're a smart organization, so they can certainly continue with the lineup they have if they continue to bring up their young talent and replace their current players well, they can avoid a rebuilding effort entirely...unfortunately.

Message 13 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20027 posts

Jun 4, 2008
time to find replacements for McDyess, Sheed and Billups.  Those dudes are getting old but still have enough talent to keep the winning going.  Now they need more Tayshaun Prince's but he's even getting older at 28.  They had a ton of success with this team and at times got job'd by the refs.  They should've won at least 2 - 3 titles easy.  If they never picked up Darko.... they wouldn't have any need to go younger because they would have DWade, Melo or any one of the other strong players from that draft.  That is on Joey D and I'm sure he's still kicking himself for that move.
Message 14 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5659 posts

Jun 4, 2008

Darko31 wrote:

PhanEvolution wrote:
Michael Curry is taking over, and maybe they will win the finals...but anyways go celtics...

I really like Michael Curry, i was a big fan of his when he was playing and think he would make a pretty good coach in the NBA and wouldn't mind seeing him as the main guy in Detroit.  But if they don't go with Hammer, i wouldn't mind them looking at a guy that has already won Pro Basketball Championships both as a player and as a coach in the Palace of Auburn Hills, and my favorite color guy to work a pistons broadcast Bill Laimbeer.

before i even opened up this thread Avery Johnson was the first person that came to mind , but Laimbeer would also make a pretty intresting coach if he took the job.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 15 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
613 posts

Jun 4, 2008

VII Says Goodbye wrote:

offdah3z wrote:

I think it's pretty easy to figure out: They think they're better than their opponents in the playoffs, and play easy. Last year after the Cavs series, Billups CONTINUED to say, "We're still a better team than they are," even after they had dropped four straight to the Cavs. They have a propensity to play lackadaisically when they need to play with passion. They have the talent, but you can't just "turn it on" whenever you want.

As for where they go? I like their young guys a lot. Maxiell and Stuckey are going to be very good. Prince is still young, Hamliton is under 30, and Billups is 31. They're a smart organization, so they can certainly continue with the lineup they have if they continue to bring up their young talent and replace their current players well, they can avoid a rebuilding effort entirely...unfortunately.

Well said VII...Especially the quote from billups i just wish the celtics didn't have to eliminate...since the celtics are my favorite team....maybe next year though...again go celts..

-------------------------------------------------------------

Gamebattles?
Message 16 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes