Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 14 2008
By: chickgamer21~ Hekseville Citizen 371 posts

What are your thoughts on Ron Artest (Lakers)

7 replies 1 views Edited Jul 14, 2008

I'm more of a casual bball fan, but I do root for the Lakers since im from soCAL. But i dont think artest would fit in well with the lakers. he is kobe's friend, and phil may be able to get artest on track, but artest gets his points from taking alot of shots. but obviously on the lakers, he would be the 3rd/4th option. and with bynum back lamar would not get dominated in the post so much as he will paly the 3 spot. but the worst part about it is how the kings want to dump kenny thomas in there....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3485534

PSN - Chick + Gamer + 21 =chickgamer21
Message 1 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21295 posts

Re: What are your thoughts on Ron Artest (Lakers)

Jul 14, 2008

chickgamer21 wrote:

I'm more of a casual bball fan, but I do root for the Lakers since im from soCAL. But i dont think artest would fit in well with the lakers. he is kobe's friend, and phil may be able to get artest on track, but artest gets his points from taking alot of shots. but obviously on the lakers, he would be the 3rd/4th option. and with bynum back lamar would not get dominated in the post so much as he will paly the 3 spot. but the worst part about it is how the kings want to dump kenny thomas in there....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3485534

The impact of Artest on the Lakers would be exceptional. Artest is one of the league's elite defenders and would bring that to a Lakers squad that needs it desperately. He would also be a capable scoring option. Odom, Bynum, Pau. They can all have off nights. Artest can score in bunches and make up any ground that needs to be made. But his value on the defensive end is undeniable.

But I have no clue how the Kings actually deal with the Lakers. It just doesn't add up to me. Not for what they're supposedly offering for Artest. Odom? Give me a break. The Kings should really demand Bynum be a part of the deal in some way. Anything less and the Kings are getting screwed.

Message 2 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6223 posts

Jul 14, 2008
Only thing the Lakers will give up is Odom. But idk what i would take. Artest is an awesome defender but our big guys with Odom, Pau, and Bynum i like this fit. So either way im happy. I doubt the Kings would give Artest up for just Odom.
Message 3 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
833 posts

Jul 14, 2008
not seein it happen... artest for odem is the only likely scenerio IMO. artest would be a big defensive upgrade but i just dont see it happinin
*SDMF*
Message 4 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18129 posts

Jul 14, 2008

Ron Artest is D U M B! He could have opted out on July 1st and became a free agent.  Man is this dude the dumbest person on the planet or what?  Seriously man... Artest is DUMB!

In a series of e-mails he sent to ESPN.com.... Artest.... expressing hope that he will soon be traded to "a team out there that can be more committed than Sacramento to me."

Message 5 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3067 posts

Jul 14, 2008
The Lakers prolly woulda beat the Celtics if they had Artest. Artest coulda slowed down Paul and Kobe woulda shut down Allen, then its just KG carrying the load.
Message 6 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

Jul 14, 2008

athlete420 wrote:
The Lakers prolly woulda beat the Celtics if they had Artest. Artest coulda slowed down Paul and Kobe woulda shut down Allen, then its just KG carrying the load.
cant keep living in the past, and wondering what if its what did happen

Message 7 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3067 posts

Jul 14, 2008
I'm a Kings fan, I dont like the Lakers at all. I was just saying that Odom dissapeared in the finals and I think Artest woulda shined
Message 8 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes