Dec 13 2011
By: Sushi_Pirate Fender Bender 4029 posts

Ultimate Hockey Goal **Official Event**

16 replies 219 views Edited Dec 13, 2011

NHL12logoTEXTcmyk.png

The leaves are steadily falling from the trees, and the smell of wood smoke lingers slightly in the air.  Winter is here and with it hockey!

In conjunction with our friends at EA SPORTS, we are very pleased to kick off the 2011-2012 hockey season with a competition where you can show off your goal scoring skills!

The premise is simple.  Score a goal in NHL® 12 which you are proud of, and embed that video onto the thread.  For instructions on how to embed a video, please see our how-to guide here!

On January 31st 2012, we will view them all, and with the help of our friends at EA SPORTS, will decide who scored the greatest goal!

The grand prize winner will receive a one year subscription to EA SPORTS Season Ticket!

Already an EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscriber?  You can enter and win next year’s subscription free!

Now is your chance to become famous!

Here are step by step instructions on how to capture video in NHL® 12:

Step 1: Play NHL® 12 until you score a goal you are proud of press start and select “instant replay”.

Step 2: Alter the camera, view and timing of the goal as per the controls in the game, per you inclination.

Step 3: Press the O button to save the clip to your hard drive.

Step 4: Put the saved content on a flash drive, it can be found under your PS3 save data on XMB.

Step 5: Using an internet connected computer, upload the video to one of the video hosting sites; Vimeo, YouTube, or DailyMotion.

Step 6: Navigate to the contest homepage here.

Step 7: Embed the video by using the embed option.

Best of luck everyone!

-SP

Message 1 of 17 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Re: NHL 12 Ultimate Goal

Dec 13, 2011

The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law.  Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.

ULTIMATE HOCKEY GOAL

OFFICIAL RULES

1.  NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.  Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited. To enter, you must have a PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, a valid PlayStation®Network ID, a copy of NHL® 12 for the PS3™ system, a PlayStation.com forum account and an internet connection.  To be valid, entries must be received no later than January 30th 2012.

Step 1: You will need an internet connection for this contest. 

Step 2: Go to http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36389281#36389281 for contest details. 

Step 3: Insert a copy of NHL® 12 into your PS3, we will accept goal submissions from any mode however shootout will be easiest

Step 4: From the start menu select: Game Modes-Shootout Mode

Step 5: Choose the teams, they can be any NHL team

Step 6: Please leave all further options to default

Step 7: Play the shootout until you score a goal you are proud of press start and select “instant replay”

Step 8: Alter the camera, view and timing of the goal as per the controls in the game as per inclination.

Step 9: Press the O button to save the clip to your hard drive

Step 10: Put the saved content on a flash drive, it can be found under your PS3 save data on XMB

Step 11: Using an internet connected computer, upload the video to one of the video hosting sites; Vimeo, YouTube, or DailyMotion

Step 12: Go to the forum page of the contest:

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36389281#36389281 

Step 13: Embed the video by using the embed option

Limit one entry per person and valid PSN ID for the duration of the promotion.  All entries will be considered made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to create the PSN ID.  Subsequent entries will be disqualified.  Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (the “Sponsor”) is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries.  Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrants ability to participate in the contest.  Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this sweepstakes should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of this contest.  Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entries that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate including, but not limited to, gratuitous depictions of violence or sexual behavior, or positive depictions of alcohol or tobacco.  The Submission must be the original, unpublished and sole work of the entrant. The Submission cannot defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party personal or proprietary rights. 

If the Contest is cancelled for any reason, winners will be selected from among all entries received prior to cancellation and all prizes will be awarded.  Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified.

2. Winner Selection: One (1) winner will be selected among all eligible entries received by January 30, 2012, 5:00pm PST.  Valid entries will be judged by the Sponsors panel of judges based on the following criteria:

70% Skill

20% Picture Editing

10% Brand Awareness

3.  PRIZES:  One (1) winner will be selected to receive one copy of EA SPORTS Season Ticket.  (a.r.v. $24.99).  Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if prize is unavailable. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize after initial release date. Winners shall be notified by email and/or by phone.

4. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received.

5.  ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open to residents of the 50 United States ages 13 and over.  Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.  If the winner is a minor, then prize will be awarded to winner’s parent or legal guardian.  By acceptance of prize, winners agree to the use of their name and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.   Employees of Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, agencies, and affiliates and each of their related companies and their immediate families are not eligible. Neither the Sponsor nor their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions nor related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as a result of this sweepstakes or receipt of prize.

6. WINNER’S NAME: To obtain a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Ultimate Hockey Goal, 919 E Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404.  Winners’ list requests will be fulfilled within four weeks after all prizes have been awarded. Requests for winners’ list must be received by February 28, 2012.

7. RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

8.  SPONSOR:  Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.  919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. Foster City, CA 94404.

Message 2 of 17 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7246 posts

Dec 14, 2011

damn wish i could do this i have a good one against nesdec oh well can i still post one to see how it compares to the others?

energy
Message 3 of 17 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Dec 14, 2011

bm2919 wrote:

**** wish i could do this i have a good one against nesdec oh well can i still post one to see how it compares to the others?

energy my favorite forumers:speedy24xmax, blumorpho, traWnza, , ne1, and bm2919 if anyone else thinks they should be on here let me know hahahah britko Smiley Very Happy

Sure thing, feel free, though as you are under age you won't be eligible to win unfortunately. 

-SP

Message 4 of 17 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7246 posts

Dec 14, 2011

could i dontate my prize(assuming i win)

energy
Message 5 of 17 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 28, 2011

Looks fun

PSN: J-Frik167
Message 6 of 17 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Jan 6, 2012

Love me a competition, I'm game

Message 7 of 17 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Jan 9, 2012

We are still looking forward to our first entry.  I know I'd like to see a good goal! 

-SP

Message 8 of 17 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Re: Ultimate Hockey Goal **Official Event**

Jan 13, 2012

This is the worst game on the planet!  You are all just wasting your time.  Just played a kid who was 4 levels below me, he scored 4 goals on 9 shots to beat me 4-3.  I had 32 shots.  9+ minutes of time on attack compared to his 2 minutes.  Unbelievable how EA can continue to incorporate this "ice-tilt" b.s. into the game.  Maybe because they know we have no other choice of a hockey video game.  It's a sickening monopoly.

Message 9 of 17 (219 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3832 posts

Re: Ultimate Hockey Goal **Official Event**

Jan 19, 2012

Really surprised no one has entered yet.

May as well kick this off with my entry.

Enjoy.

Message 10 of 17 (219 Views)
0 Likes